Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:33 am
soontir fel is about the only one I can think that would qualify.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:36 am
Any pilot that got issued a TIE Defender would be an Imperial Equivalent to the Red Baron. You could use Maarek Stele from the TIE Fighter games.  

stellarmagic

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:51 am
Cool. I got to thinking about the Red Baron after hearing Iced Earth's song about him.

Can it get any nerdier than that? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:38 am
gonk Enough with the one liners!  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:17 pm
Hey, Elledan, you are aware that Stellar's Stalwart's ran away before you showed up right?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:41 pm
Well... They're back now!!! twisted twisted twisted  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:47 pm
Bloody hell.
Not ******** around are you?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:48 pm
Hey if 80 Starfighter Torpedoes knocked down the dorsal shield of the Lusankya... What do you think 240 Capital ship Torpedoes will do?  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:49 pm
Make a squib clan's day.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:52 pm
I wonder... My Stalwarth's may be powerful enough to basically do the same thing as the old Torpedoe Sphere. I should check and see how many torps that ship carried.

Unfortunately those two vessels only have enough Torpedoes to launch about 3 more salvos...  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:55 pm
stellarmagic
I wonder... My Stalwarth's may be powerful enough to basically do the same thing as the old Torpedoe Sphere. I should check and see how many torps that ship carried.

Unfortunately those two vessels only have enough Torpedoes to launch about 3 more salvos...

The main weaponry of each Torpedo Sphere consisted of 500 proton torpedo tubes and 10 turbolaser batteries, organized around the ship's equator. The torpedo tubes tubes were grouped in 120 clusters arranged in several tiers below the hull centerline, with each cluster consisting of four tubes centered around a DER targeting control room; it appears that there was one reserve tube for every six clusters, as each torpedo magazine fed 25 tubes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:57 pm
Given that the Torpedo sphere is an ovaloid with an equator 1900 meters in diameter, I could wager that it had plenty of room for ammo.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:58 pm
So a couple of Stalwarths working together could equal a Torpedo Sphere... Man, Thrawn would kill to get his hands on some of these ships.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:01 pm
But the Torpedo sphere was a dedicated siege platform. It had a huge ammo supply and could reload and fire with relative quickness, smashing clean through a planetary shield and performing a quick and effective Base Delta Zero action.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:04 pm
The primary use of the Torpedo Sphere was to breach a planetary shield by overloading it in a particular weak spot... This attack was a single salvo of all 500 Torpedo Tubes. So three Stalwarth's could theoretically be used to do the same thing... though the probability of success would certainly be lower.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games