Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nekoyaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:45 pm

Gah. Second day of orientation/training/thing tomorrow at 5, and I've got no idea who to talk to when I get there, where they would be, or even if I'm working there tomorrow, or if it's friday and I'm mistaken. Damn and blast, this whole thing makes me so nervous.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:31 pm

Today pretty much sucked

Didn't really sleep well again last night. Had a recurring dream last night, where I completely miss a shift for work and get severely reprimanded for it, woke up glad it was only a dream, but found it sweltering again in my room. Went down stairs to check the rest of my laundry...Which I needed to put through another dry cycle because once through wasn't enough. Had some Macandcheese for lunch, got ready for work and went in, but not after my roommate lectured me on how my rats might need to go to the vet and how much it'll cost ($45 if they're okay, but if they're sick I'll have to throw in an additional $40 for medication), and was almost late for work. So I get to work and find out I have to open tomorrow. I was looking forward to my day off, but I guess I need the hours and I don't mind opening. So my manager goes in the back to do some interviews and for the next two hours I have to watch the store by myself as it gets busy, and I can't do anything when people are in the store aside from helping them. After she finishes her interviews (we hired a new guy. Yay), she says she has some things to take care of in the mall and she leaves the store. I go into the back to get my water out of the mini-fridge. It's nice and cool. I get back up to the front and take a few gulps, and my stomach cramps up, severely. I was doubled over in pain and groaning loudly in the store, and all of the sudden, I passed out on the floor. I felt myself fall, thankfully onto my knees first, knocked my hand on the counter. Amazingly, the customers in the store didn't give a s**t and kept looking at the stupid games (I don't fall down in the store on a regular basis). After taking a few moments to bring myself up, some nasty kids come into the store and start pushing each other around, and I had to yell at them to knock it off. They left thankfully. My manager came back and I told her what happened and she made me go get something to eat. That helped a lot, and after that things got better, but I still feel weak and shakey

Af Mas

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:55 am

Nekoyaki
Gah. Second day of orientation/training/thing tomorrow at 5, and I've got no idea who to talk to when I get there, where they would be, or even if I'm working there tomorrow, or if it's friday and I'm mistaken. Damn and blast, this whole thing makes me so nervous.
Me too! gonk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:40 am

I'm slowly being driven mad by lack of sleep. I just don't know what could be wrong with me. My bed is perfectly comfortable, there's hardly any loud noises occurring at that time of night, and I usually am tired when I get into bed. But I can't sleep. I toss and turn and feel irate that no sleep is coming to me once again. I look at the clock and see that two, three hours have passed and no sleep yet. I think I might have insomnia. Lack of sleep is causing me to be grumpy in the day and I have slight dark areas under my eyes. Perhaps the one thing that could be keeping me up is that I tend to eat something late at night, usually a granola bar or perhaps a bowl of cereal if I'm peckish.

I just felt like griping abo

FogSage

[ Grynn Wolf ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:44 am

FogSage
I'm slowly being driven mad by lack of sleep. I just don't know what could be wrong with me. My bed is perfectly comfortable, there's hardly any loud noises occurring at that time of night, and I usually am tired when I get into bed. But I can't sleep. I toss and turn and feel irate that no sleep is coming to me once again. I look at the clock and see that two, three hours have passed and no sleep yet. I think I might have insomnia. Lack of sleep is causing me to be grumpy in the day and I have slight dark areas under my eyes. Perhaps the one thing that could be keeping me up is that I tend to eat something late at night, usually a granola bar or perhaps a bowl of cereal if I'm peckish.

I usually have a hard time sleeping as well, but that's also because I fall asleep easiet right before daybreak, and sleep until atleast 11AM if I had my own schedule.
I usually snack or drink a lot before bed, but that's normally because I know once I go into my room at night, I don't really want to leave unless it's to use the bathroom.
It sounds more like insomnia to me....but try skipping the granola bar or cereal sometime and see what comes of it.
Maybe try drinking some herbal tea to help relax you some.

Also, do you listen to music or anything when you go to bed?

I've heard that it's not wise to read a lot 20-30 minutes before you plan to go to bed, because it stimulates the brain too much...also, if you think about a lot of things when you're laying there in bed, it usually means that something is up...
Personally, I listen to music as I fall asleep, usually some instrumental stuff or nice soft calming things like Hellsing soundtracks or possibly some songs by Thrice and some other bands here and there. It helps me relax and calm my thoughts so that I can clear my head in preparation for sleep. But...since my sleep schedule and work schedule conflict A LOT, I also have fairly dark circles under my eyes, and often times they do really bag early in the morning...my eyes also tire out really quickly in the morning and I get this sort of muscle-ache feeling right behind them.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:09 am

FogSage

It isn't eating that is keeping you up but what you eat that might be affecting you. Cereals and even granola bars can have a decent amount of sugar in them and can give you a little jolt that keeps you awake. They are designed that way to both make them taste better and give people an extra boost.

A good recommendation is that if you are feeling hungry late at night, have yourself a nice carb heavy meal, minus sugars. There is nothing wrong with eating in the evening and can help you fall asleep.

I don't know if you drink a lot of soda, if any at all, but it has been my experience that even having one can a couple hours before bed time can cause you to lay awake.

I have dealt with insomnia for a good portion of my life and know full well how straining it can be on your physical and mental well being, so I shall share a good few tips on helping getting yourself to sleep if you feel restless or uneasy.

Avoid any caffeine at least two hours before bedtime.
Avoid anything high in sugar late at night.
Eat a decent size meal rather than just snacking. Something high in carbs is more likely to cause drowsiness than a meal high in protein should be kept in mind.
Make sure you have relieved any stress you might be feeling so you go to bed calm and relaxed. Fallowing are ways to help achieve that.
Do some exercise this not only helps relieve stress but also helps get you tired. You will feel a sudden urge of energy because of adrenalin, but once it wears off you will crash down hard.
Meditate, focusing your mind and clearing your thoughts is a good way to relax both mind and body, helping you slip into peaceful dreams without even realizing it.
Masturbate and I am not joking so don't laugh. It helps relieve stress, makes you sleepy and feels damn good.

That is all I can think of, hope it is of some help.

Artemis Vulpes

Sirus Jin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:39 am

Af Mas
Today pretty much sucked

Didn't really sleep well again last night. Had a recurring dream last night, where I completely miss a shift for work and get severely reprimanded for it, woke up glad it was only a dream, but found it sweltering again in my room. Went down stairs to check the rest of my laundry...Which I needed to put through another dry cycle because once through wasn't enough. Had some Macandcheese for lunch, got ready for work and went in, but not after my roommate lectured me on how my rats might need to go to the vet and how much it'll cost ($45 if they're okay, but if they're sick I'll have to throw in an additional $40 for medication), and was almost late for work. So I get to work and find out I have to open tomorrow. I was looking forward to my day off, but I guess I need the hours and I don't mind opening. So my manager goes in the back to do some interviews and for the next two hours I have to watch the store by myself as it gets busy, and I can't do anything when people are in the store aside from helping them. After she finishes her interviews (we hired a new guy. Yay), she says she has some things to take care of in the mall and she leaves the store. I go into the back to get my water out of the mini-fridge. It's nice and cool. I get back up to the front and take a few gulps, and my stomach cramps up, severely. I was doubled over in pain and groaning loudly in the store, and all of the sudden, I passed out on the floor. I felt myself fall, thankfully onto my knees first, knocked my hand on the counter. Amazingly, the customers in the store didn't give a s**t and kept looking at the stupid games (I don't fall down in the store on a regular basis). After taking a few moments to bring myself up, some nasty kids come into the store and start pushing each other around, and I had to yell at them to knock it off. They left thankfully. My manager came back and I told her what happened and she made me go get something to eat. That helped a lot, and after that things got better, but I still feel weak and shakey

First, most cutsomers will ignore you when something bad is happening to you. Its this lovely ignorance thing they get when they walk into the store. I love it! I hope you're feeling better now... (hugs) heart
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:50 am

I'm settling into a routine of same-old-same-old and it makes me nuts. I would wish for more day-to-day excitement, but that would likely involve civil war.

Shaviv

Sirus Jin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:18 am

Shaviv
I'm settling into a routine of same-old-same-old and it makes me nuts. I would wish for more day-to-day excitement, but that would likely involve civil war.

A civil war is something I'd like to avoid xd

Maybe try going out with diffrent people? That might shake things up a bit, or eat at a diffrent place. Or just go driving around for the heck of it (though you might not want to do that because of gas prices)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:58 pm

[ Grynn Wolf ]
FogSage

I usually have a hard time sleeping as well, but that's also because I fall asleep easiet right before daybreak, and sleep until atleast 11AM if I had my own schedule.
I usually snack or drink a lot before bed, but that's normally because I know once I go into my room at night, I don't really want to leave unless it's to use the bathroom.
It sounds more like insomnia to me....but try skipping the granola bar or cereal sometime and see what comes of it.

I've heard that it's not wise to read a lot 20-30 minutes before you plan to go to bed, because it stimulates the brain too much...also, if you think about a lot of things when you're laying there in bed, it usually means that something is up...
Personally, I listen to music as I fall asleep, usually some instrumental stuff or nice soft calming things like Hellsing soundtracks or possibly some songs by Thrice and some other bands here and there. It helps me relax and calm my thoughts so that I can clear my head in preparation for sleep. But...since my sleep schedule and work schedule conflict A LOT, I also have fairly dark circles under my eyes, and often times they do really bag early in the morning...my eyes also tire out really quickly in the morning and I get this sort of muscle-ache feeling right behind them.
The hellsing soundtrack, I think the one I have is Raid, is surprisingly good at putting me to sleep. o_o; That, and the Samurai Champloo soundtracks.

Nekoyaki

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:17 pm

[ Grynn Wolf ]
FogSage

Will try to skip eating, as for the herbal tea, I have a WHOLE cabinet stuffed full of Celestial Seasonings Tea. I usually play music or a book-on-cd going to bed, because it's just to calm me down....however, lately, I've been using my iPod, which has music on it that tends to get me riled up and wanting to dance rather than calm down.....which reminds me that I must add some Enya to it....

I do have a tendency to read before bed, and also to dream about storylines in my head and about fanfics I could write due to them being from my favorite mangas.

@Artemis: Yes, I know ALL about the masturbation thing. *smirks* However, as of late, my libido seems to have taken a nosedive, and I rarely do that much of it.

Excercise is NOT an option, firstly because all the excercise equipment is in the SWELTERING HOT garage, and secondly, I'm too unmotivated to use it. Excercise is boring, and seeing as how I can't read a book and run on a treadmill at the same time, I don't think I'll be working out anytime soon. -_-"
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:56 pm

FogSage
[ Grynn Wolf ]
FogSage

Will try to skip eating, as for the herbal tea, I have a WHOLE cabinet stuffed full of Celestial Seasonings Tea. I usually play music or a book-on-cd going to bed, because it's just to calm me down....however, lately, I've been using my iPod, which has music on it that tends to get me riled up and wanting to dance rather than calm down.....which reminds me that I must add some Enya to it....

I do have a tendency to read before bed, and also to dream about storylines in my head and about fanfics I could write due to them being from my favorite mangas.

@Artemis: Yes, I know ALL about the masturbation thing. *smirks* However, as of late, my libido seems to have taken a nosedive, and I rarely do that much of it.

Excercise is NOT an option, firstly because all the excercise equipment is in the SWELTERING HOT garage, and secondly, I'm too unmotivated to use it. Excercise is boring, and seeing as how I can't read a book and run on a treadmill at the same time, I don't think I'll be working out anytime soon. -_-"

You could go running in the morning when it's cool. Bring an iPod or a friend. Or try to enjoy the scenery.

Zella L.

Shaviv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:40 pm

Sirus Jin
Shaviv

A civil war is something I'd like to avoid xd

Maybe try going out with diffrent people? That might shake things up a bit, or eat at a diffrent place. Or just go driving around for the heck of it (though you might not want to do that because of gas prices)

I'm not dating, and as much as I'd like to find that special someone I think I'm still too wary after my last relationship crashed and burned.

Work is a pain in the a**, you know? The part I get paid for is okay, since it's simple and mindless and I'm good at it. I get to interact with animals while doing so. Great, I love animals.

The part I don't get paid for is research - doing my own, and helping with others'. I can't do any of the surgical procedures except implants and transcardial perfusion. I do lots of mindless work that still requires attention, which is soul-numbing - like picking up a recorded bird-call, dropping it into Signal, then using Fourier transforms to build frequency-power and frequency-time spectra, and then eyeballing the dominant frequency. It's a godawful pain in the a**. Oh, and I have research of my own to do. The main awful part is creating the song pairs, which means finding a pair of songs that match my criteria and match each other for length and syllable number. Syllable number, like dominant frequency, requires judgement calls. Bah humbug, I'm just really annoyed with life at the moment for no good reason.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Blah, I'm just in a pissy mood today. .__.

Krissim Klaw

BlackWolfPoet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Seems like everyone is in a poor mood today...I'm just experiencing brain drain (took a 3 and a half hour final exam) gonk I hope everyone else feels better though...
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games