Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Johnny Malone
Des Voh
I stand neutral holding only my own thoughts. But I am CW friend and will help her.
That's what a mediator does Des. You be the neutral go between. I fear I am too closely linked to Cale to really get CW to open up and let Cale appologize. (Whether or not she accepts his appology will be another matter.)
i can get that done easily enough. I nearly had her joining his RP, but she doesn't feel too welcome.

Shes pressing some of this fault on her, its how women are. They will beat themselves up, as us mean will or just beat someone else up for our stress.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:47 pm

Des Voh
Johnny Malone
Des, you feel like helping me mediate this thing between CW and Cale?
Perhaps.

But CW's not the only one who Cale is on their list. I've got quite a few complaints about our local space pirate.

And not a damn one of these people will say anything to my face?
Bold lot they are.
At least you voice your complaints about me Des.
And for that I admire you.
But when people have complants about me, they better have the balls to say it to my face.

Sol Walker
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:47 pm

Cale Darksun
Des Voh
I stand neutral holding only my own thoughts. But I am CW friend and will help her.

Help her through what?!
Her pain?! Her misery?!
Words are cheap! I'm an English Major! I know!
The Pain will never go away!!
You'll be having a perfectly happy day and then bam! You'll remember them and start blubbering like a baby!
Theres no way to help that!!
The only help has to come from the survivors themselves! They have to find a reason to keep going on and to stop dwelling on the mortality of life!
Live for the Dead! Thats how they'd want it!
Thats the way of the world, and no denying it. But words hold power.

Kind words more so. I'm not trying to help her through things, I'm just being a good friend.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Cale Darksun
Des Voh
Johnny Malone
Perhaps.

But CW's not the only one who Cale is on their list. I've got quite a few complaints about our local space pirate.

Bold lot they are.
But when people have complants about me, they better have the balls to say it to my face.
Some believe it would belittle them to lose there calm.

Also your a moderator, not many in the guild would try it.

I did it because I'm not frightened by authority.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Des Voh
Cale Darksun
Des Voh

Help her through what?!
Her pain?! Her misery?!
Words are cheap! I'm an English Major! I know!
The Pain will never go away!!
You'll be having a perfectly happy day and then bam! You'll remember them and start blubbering like a baby!
Theres no way to help that!!
The only help has to come from the survivors themselves! They have to find a reason to keep going on and to stop dwelling on the mortality of life!
Live for the Dead! Thats how they'd want it!
Thats the way of the world, and no denying it. But words hold power.

Kind words more so. I'm not trying to help her through things, I'm just being a good friend.

And I'm a realist. I make a shitty friend. But if people stand my be, they at least look better by comparison.
At any rate, Ive said my piece.
If CW wants my apology, she can have it. If she wants to be stuck up about it, thats her own problem.
The only way I can fix the words already spoken is with more words.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Des Voh
Cale Darksun
Des Voh
Johnny Malone
Perhaps.

Bold lot they are.

As much as I like people being up front with me I can understand what Des is saying Cale. I tell you when I have a problem with you Cale because I know you and real life but for others who don't know you as well as I do they can be intimidated by the authority that you have here.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Des Voh
Cale Darksun
Des Voh
Johnny Malone
Perhaps.

Bold lot they are.

What the ******** do people think this is?!
Medieval Europe?!
God damn it, this Guild is founded in the Internet! a place built upon the concept of a free exchange of ideas! If people are denied the ability to speak freely, it denies the very existance of the Web!
I may never like what someone says, but I'm not going to kick them out of the guild for it! I am a strong believer in the 1st amendment!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Hey CW!
If you're watching this exchange Like I know you are, then know this:
I prayed for you and Terry to get through this.
I figured, CW doesnt deserve a low blow like this, She's too nice a person.
So I prayed at mass for you to find peace and for Terry to get better. I even donated to the offering plate to sweeten the deal for the almighty. It was the most I could ever do for someone I had never met in person.
But guess what.
Nothing happened.
Thats why I say s**t happens.

Weither you believe me or not is your problem.
You may think me a liar, but its the God's honest truth.
I'm sorry for anything I did to offend you and I really thought you were above this.
I never had any bad blood with you Celestia. our arguements and spats I never took seriously because they were never serious.
I'd always figure if we got under each other's skin, we could come back the next day and apologize, shake hands or whatever and put the matter behind us.
Thats the way its always been between me and my friends.
I have a tendancy to shoot my mouth off. I know that. But I'm also the first one to try andset things right afterward.
I take responsiblity for my actions.
I doubt Terry would want to see you loosing sleep over something like a spat on the internet. But then again, I could be wrong about that.
I'm wrong about alot of things.
I'm sorry I angered you Jamie. And I'm sorry it came down to this.
I'm not going to stop you from having your moment of anger.
And I'm not going to stop you from running your own guild.
How you handle this is up to you.
I've tried again and again to make amends.
But theres only so long a man can talk to a wall.
Any time you wish to talk about it, I'm fine with it.
But I'm not going to beg for forgiveness anymore.
I'm tired of trying the futile.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:09 pm

i'm done with this crap now.
CW can forgive me or not.
I'm sick of the whole mess.

Now to other matters.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:17 pm

Johnny Malone
Nelowulf
A protestant vong.
Nah.. I think I may have an idea. A Bitthaevrian opponent would be cool.

I dunno.
Seems too humanoid.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Cale, because I like you and all, let me tell you something real frank.

You may be a realist, but there is a time for realism, and a time to realize just when to keep your mouth shut. No offense, but while I may not have enjoyed CW's problems being broadcast like CNN jumping on Bush, but at least have the intelligence to be smart about a situation. I like people to be frank as hell with me. But even I know that if I just blurt out a truthful statement, it can backfire into my face.

As for "belittling" oneself, you don't have to lose your calm to fight back. In the world of debating, you'll find that often a well constructed rebuttal can do wonders if formed right.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Nelowulf
Cale, because I like you and all, let me tell you something real frank.

You may be a realist, but there is a time for realism, and a time to realize just when to keep your mouth shut. No offense, but while I may not have enjoyed CW's problems being broadcast like CNN jumping on Bush, but at least have the intelligence to be smart about a situation. I like people to be frank as hell with me. But even I know that if I just blurt out a truthful statement, it can backfire into my face.

As for "belittling" oneself, you don't have to lose your calm to fight back. In the world of debating, you'll find that often a well constructed rebuttal can do wonders if formed right.

Yeah, I'm getting that I crossed the line.
Ive done all I can to rectify the situation and now I'm just waiting on CW to want to actually talk about it so we can solve this.
I know I was an a**, I opened my mouth, and now theres an anti Cale Darksun Guild in existance.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:03 pm

...........Ho snap, I started my own Hate club!
I don't know how to react!
On one hand, It started out of something that I did which I regret, but on the other hand, I'm one of the few people on Gaia that has a guild devoted to hating his guts, a fact that is disturbingly awesome.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:09 pm

I can't talk to her.

She won't want to hear me. I mean, if she's going to go off the handle, create a guild, all in the name of vaunting you, I must not be trustworthy enough to even be approached about the situation.

I'm actually kind of surprized she didn't even attempt to use the rules to dispose you out of power.

Well, not really. She probably has some vendetta against me too, because I sit neutral on the sideline. I only wrote the damn rulebook of the empire, and there is an entire section about this. Hell, its only there for situations like this, and yet people probably consider this guild too "corrupted" or soem bullshit to even try to fight against the moderatorship.

I simply have lost all faith. Hell, this is so much liek our situation with Oryo. He had every legitament reason to leave. That's one of the main reasons why when I rewrote the protocol, i threw in the ability for a guildmember to attack the moderators in fair response.

But if she doesn't trust me enough to do the right thing, then I cannot help her in any respect. I cannot help someone who won't help themselves. And sometimes, helping oneself means asking for help. So to me, all she's done is kick you in the groin, and then slapped me across the face. I don't care what she does in vengence of you. But I kinda take this one as a personal spit upon my shoe, that my trust in people's efforts to be able to stand up to their problems, it just spits in my face. I'm not a guardian angel; I'm not omnipotent. And if she has any notion that I sit and read every page in this guild, and every comment made, to correct every injustice as I see fit, then I cannot apologize for gross assumption.

I have no idea what she's doing. But Until you two clear it out, I'm not going to touch it. The last thing I need is to absorb more bad voodoo.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:13 pm

I don't want you to touch it man.
Its not your buisness to get involved and I have enough people as it is who are willing to mediate my wishes to her.
As it stands, her presence in the guild has already been wanning as it is and her loss will be noted by only the more regular members.
If she wants to come back and if she is willing to accept my apologies, then thats just fine.
But we shouldn't let something like this get the guild off track.
I still need to get the damn Avi contest up and with the Radio and the play and the Paper, its low on my list of things to do.
Regardless, I said I'd do it and I will.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games