Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:24 pm
Trigramatic
This ember he spat was the size of a softball, and he aimed it at Riolu's thigh this time. It was faster, even, than the last two attacks.

"Riolu, watch it!" Off to the side Riolu dodged...though he didn't get by unscaved. Part of that attack singed Riolu quite a bit and it really had his attention.

"Ra la!"

"Hang tight, Riolu, go! Force Palm!" I shouted.

Riolu rushed in and Tristen went wide eyed. That was what he used to put Natu down in a hurry. "Tails! Look out!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:34 pm
Tristen was quicker this time, and still this was only a direct attack. He leaped diagonally, passing Riolu as he completed his attack. At this point the difference in Tails' skill and Riolu's training was not fair to Riolu. If Tristen could realize the advantage in positioning Tails now had, this battle would be over.

If it were a real battle, of course.  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:45 pm
Trigramatic
Tristen was quicker this time, and still this was only a direct attack. He leaped diagonally, passing Riolu as he completed his attack. At this point the difference in Tails' skill and Riolu's training was not fair to Riolu. If Tristen could realize the advantage in positioning Tails now had, this battle would be over.

If it were a real battle, of course.

Riolu was apparently quick on his feet, Tristen thought. But Tails was faster. A lot faster. Maybe. "Tails! You can use Quick Attack, right? Use that!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm
With no seeming effort, Tails twirled on one foot and reversed his momentum. He sped toward Riolu, then pounced. If he was successful, he would grab Riolu at the shoulders so as to negate most of the impact.

This was, after all, only practice.  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm
Trigramatic
With no seeming effort, Tails twirled on one foot and reversed his momentum. He sped toward Riolu, then pounced. If he was successful, he would grab Riolu at the shoulders so as to negate most of the impact.

This was, after all, only practice.

Well I had to admit, Tristen was starting to realize the importance of looking out for your Pokemon and having them avert attacks. Dodging was only ONE option out of many in defensive tactics however. "Riolu. Counter!"

"Ra la!" Riolu went into a defensive pose and got ready. When Tails made his descent, he went to toss Tails aside. Riolu could have done worse to the attack, but this was only practice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm
Tails yelped purely from surprise. The landing stung his side a little, but didn't really hurt. He rolled to his feet, shaking his head, ears twitching all the while.

"Grr, Riolu," he said. "Grr."  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 pm
Trigramatic
Tails yelped purely from surprise. The landing stung his side a little, but didn't really hurt. He rolled to his feet, shaking his head, ears twitching all the while.

"Grr, Riolu," he said. "Grr."

"Tails, are you ok!?" Tristen shouted.

"Alright, backoff for now, Riolu. Nice work." I said "Anyways, you alright, Tails?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm
"Huh?" Tails glanced between the two, then shrugged, sitting down. "I'm okay. It just caught me off guard. I guess I underestimated how far Riolu's come."  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:01 pm
Trigramatic
"Huh?" Tails glanced between the two, then shrugged, sitting down. "I'm okay. It just caught me off guard. I guess I underestimated how far Riolu's come."

I knelt down and rubbed Riolu's head. "Yea, Riolu has been working pretty hard over the past several months. Doing anything he can possible. Kind of like, Tristen, really." I said.

"He...wanted to get strong too?" Tristen asked.

"Yes he did." I said. "At any rate, thats about the sum of it. What you may want to do, Tristen, is study up a bit on what your Natu can learn. For that matter, Castform. You and Natu though did learn what needs to be done, right?"

"Natu." The Natu replied.

"I think I know now."

"Actually, you don't." I said.

"Huh?"

"But don't let that discourage you. You're starting. And you're already showing pretty good promise. For that matter, you'll learn more and more some things the more you and your Pokemon battle. Take everything you can from every battle you get into, win or lose."

"Alright."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:06 pm
"And remember, you're your Pokemon's second set of eyes. A Pokemon can fight harder under a trainer because he knows that, and focuses more on the battle maybe than he should," Tails said. "But when you have that symbiosis down, a good Pokemon and trainer will almost always best a wild Pokemon of similar strength."  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm
Trigramatic
"And remember, you're your Pokemon's second set of eyes. A Pokemon can fight harder under a trainer because he knows that, and focuses more on the battle maybe than he should," Tails said. "But when you have that symbiosis down, a good Pokemon and trainer will almost always best a wild Pokemon of similar strength."

Tristen nodded. "Right."

"Alright. Well, I guess it goes without saying that you have a lot of homework to do." I said to him.

"I'll say." Tristen said.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:55 pm
"It isn't too bad," Tails said. "Research the attacks a Natu and Castform can learn, learn which ones they know, and take them out battling. Just don't overwork them. And you probably shouldn't battle just outside. The Pokemon are way too rough out there."  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 pm
Trigramatic
"It isn't too bad," Tails said. "Research the attacks a Natu and Castform can learn, learn which ones they know, and take them out battling. Just don't overwork them. And you probably shouldn't battle just outside. The Pokemon are way too rough out there."

"Yea, last thing you need is to be trampled on by the likes of Ursaring and Tyrannitar that reside around in these parts." I said to him. "We can probably take you out somewhere. Probably end up doing like I did with Aden at first."

"You keep mentioning this Aden. Who is he?"

"Well, he's a hybrid...one that I trained just as I have with you. He's at least 10 years older than you, and he was just as out of touch with Pokemon battling as you are. He never was raised too well into Pokemon battling if at all, and using his own chi for his own uses? Forget about it. I trained him for a while, stayed with him for his Pokemon league journey. Though he hasn't been around now; I really don't know where he's been now. I wonder if Sol kept up with him. Or Ceramew."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 pm
Tails shrugged. "I know I haven't seen him around. I kinda miss him. Does he still make Mikey look like a macho man?"  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:17 pm
Trigramatic
Tails shrugged. "I know I haven't seen him around. I kinda miss him. Does he still make Mikey look like a macho man?"

"Actually...he came a very long way." I said to him. "And he's still getting way up there when I left him...though..." I thought for a moment. "I just havent heard from him for some time myself."  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games