Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fina Xanth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:18 pm

No offense, but I don't see what Shinta has done to instigate cale, really.

Edit: ... I mean, in the RP..... Not here in the cantina.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Its more of a coincidence, I think.

Cale was a kenshin-esque jedi. Then shinta comes along and *unwittingly* makes a copycat version. Its a slight against his pride.

However, I'm starting to wonder just what the hell is going on myself. Because in all aspects, I think that perhaps while Cale would be annoyed, I don't think he would be this angry this long unless Shinta was instigating the situation.

I don't like Shinta, its a fact. I really don't like his attitude, and more specifically his presumptions about the guild. But that doesn't mean that I'm siding with Cale on this aspect; however, I am curious as to what the hell both are doing to keep this feud going.

I know Shinta has about as much creativity as my clipped off toenail, which probably started the mess. But the fact its gone so long is getting annoying even on my end. Which is why I'm going to find out between both of them later on in my investigation.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Fina Xanth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:32 pm

I've known Shinta since before I joined this guild, and I personally don't see what he's doing wrong. He's not being rude to you, and wasn't being rude to cale until he started throwing insults at him....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:43 pm

Perhaps its his phrasing. But whatever it is, there's this tone.

I mean, if you ignore the fighting between him and cale, there's still this tone whenever he types that seems to bleed through. And perhaps even moreso is his behavior in doing such.

I don't talk to him very often, but every time he speaks to me, personally, there always seems to be this ego poking through. And don't speak to me about Cale, because that's not part of the equation. Take for example Shinta's reponse to me in the trial. I could feel the poison directed at me in his words, through the tone he conveyed. His hatred of Cale, and then the not-so-subtle implications that I was unreliable and wouldn't listen to him really make things clear for me.

I did not talk to him really before the trial. I called for greivences; instead I got critiqued and basically told that I don't know how to be a moderator.

Perhaps that's not his intention, but the fact that I myself happened to be brought into his debate against Cale makes his position unstable at best. I still consider his objective proof as sustainable, but the rest of his complaint I will have to throw out. I'm not the one on trial, but he sure seemed to want to make it that way.

The fact that you have known him for a long time numbs you to his effects, much like how my relationship with cale numbs me to his behavior at times. I know that most of the time Cale is just joking around. The same thing is with you and Shinta. Its hard to remove yourself from being objective, but it is something we all should do every once in a while.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:44 pm

I think Shinta's problem is that, aside from lack of imagination, or at least one of his own, he tends to twist what he says from what he really means. Notice the comment he left about withdrawing his statement? Whether he actually meant it or not, it's clear he may not have actually meant what was said.

I guess at that level there's two different things happening. the head is clueless, neither foot knows where to go, and the hands don't know the other exists.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Noting EK's comment:

This guild, me, Cale, most of us wish to have things told direct to our face, as honest as possible, unless there is a real good reason not to.

If you can't say something right the first time, then you are in too much of a hurry to say something right. Every post I write, many times I end up erasing paragraphs before I send it off.

Why? My intentions are clear. You dont' go into another guild to spout off about this person or that person, then show up in this one and play innocent (using the example Cale provided). That's being a coward, and dishonest.

Take Shinta's comment to Celestia. He told her to tell me to change the passwords. Uh, hello?

1) if its that much of a concern for you, don't send a messenger.
2) its none of your buisness
3) do you really think I'm that dumb?

And he still never sent a PM to me. And that is seen, by me, as a shadow game. You want to have a cookie, but you send your little brother to reach into the jar in case you get caught.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 pm

What galls me about Shinta is that he thinks that if Link went against him in a fight, He thinks that I'd twink and god mod like all hell and that no one would do anything to stop me.

That thought just offends me.
I may be a mod, but I ******** hate Modders. Theres a marked difference between us.
I cant stad cheaters and I go to extremes to avoid fallin into that myself.
Nelo has even made a note that I underplay Link's abilities for wha I rate his force powers at.

The idea that he thinks I would cheat makes me wonder what the ******** he is used to in a Forum Moderator.

This accusation of me possibly Cheating is the root of my entire beef with Shinta.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:58 pm

I can understand that side.

Now only if I can get a response from Shinta as to that, perhaps I can broker a better deal between you two.

Shinta wasn't around when we were talking about Pauls char, was he?

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Nelowulf
I can understand that side.

Now only if I can get a response from Shinta as to that, perhaps I can broker a better deal between you two.

Shinta wasn't around when we were talking about Pauls char, was he?

Nope.
Neither was Fina I think.
And thats why her reference to Cortana pissed me off so.
Paul actually had a "Cortana" helping him with everything and it was such an obvious rip off it was disgraceful.
Sia is not like Paul's AI. I try to get that across.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:01 pm

As i've said before, I don't see how he's being rude or anything. He's merely making his statement, in court and then stated his oppinion. A persons views are what are asked for in a court, when it comes to a person coming up for the defense, seeing a persons side of it.

Also, it's easy to misinterpret things on the internet like tone.... I don't see anywhere in there where he's being rude....

Shinta Himura
Is that the way a Mod should behave? Are the members TRULY that un-important? Being a Mod, to me, isn't about flaunting your power-Mods are there to root out conflict between members and end it, not cause conflict and say, 'You don't like it, you get banned'. They're the peace-keepers of a Guild-hell, of the ENTIRE community. I, for one, haven't seen any of the mods of Gaia appear in a thread and start to bash the members-Have you? Have ANY of you? If you stand before me and say, "What he did was fine, you're just angry," Then go on, take a look-There was no Gray-Line here, where a Mod should stand-There was only HIS line. No one elses. Those not with him, were 'Against' him, as he's claimed many times, in many ways.

What would I propose for proper punishment? The lightest sentence I can think of off the top of my head would be to strip him of his Modship for good-No second chances, period. That way, he is still a part of the community-But has no authority to push others around as he has in the past. Alot better than the Ultimatum, is it not?

If you're referring to this part as being the part where he was being rude, then... What part? I mean, I can't see, so... no offense... I'd like the parts to be bolded or italicized or something, so I can understand.

Fina Xanth

Fina Xanth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:02 pm

And cale... It's a holographic AI of a woman with a womans voice that can control ships. It might not be specifically from Halo, but that's the first assumption anyone who's played the game or even read the books would get.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:04 pm

Fina Xanth
As i've said before, I don't see how he's being rude or anything. He's merely making his statement, in court and then stated his oppinion. A persons views are what are asked for in a court, when it comes to a person coming up for the defense, seeing a persons side of it.

Also, it's easy to misinterpret things on the internet like tone.... I don't see anywhere in there where he's being rude....

Shinta Himura
Is that the way a Mod should behave? Are the members TRULY that un-important? Being a Mod, to me, isn't about flaunting your power-Mods are there to root out conflict between members and end it, not cause conflict and say, 'You don't like it, you get banned'. They're the peace-keepers of a Guild-hell, of the ENTIRE community. I, for one, haven't seen any of the mods of Gaia appear in a thread and start to bash the members-Have you? Have ANY of you? If you stand before me and say, "What he did was fine, you're just angry," Then go on, take a look-There was no Gray-Line here, where a Mod should stand-There was only HIS line. No one elses. Those not with him, were 'Against' him, as he's claimed many times, in many ways.

What would I propose for proper punishment? The lightest sentence I can think of off the top of my head would be to strip him of his Modship for good-No second chances, period. That way, he is still a part of the community-But has no authority to push others around as he has in the past. Alot better than the Ultimatum, is it not?

If you're referring to this part as being the part where he was being rude, then... What part? I mean, I can't see, so... no offense... I'd like the parts to be bolded or italicized or something, so I can understand.

Listen, dont worry about it.
Nelo's like a jedi.
He can see things we can not even percieve. And I trust his judgement on the matter since he's for the most part right.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:06 pm

Fina Xanth
And cale... It's a holographic AI of a woman with a womans voice that can control ships. It might not be specifically from Halo, but that's the first assumption anyone who's played the game or even read the books would get.

Ive never played halo. So I don't know what Cortanna can do and can't do.
But I do know that all ships are female.
And thus the ship's holographic avatar will be female and will speak like a woman.
Its a coincidence.
Nothing more.
And from pictures Ive seen of Cortana, Sia looks nothing like her.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:23 pm

Shinta Himura

Using this text, I will bold where I feel attacked.

Starting with the first: That's directed at me. The next line draws the crowd. But that's directed at me. I'm not on trial, and I'm not answering a question. It may have been rhetorical, but rule of thumb: Never question the judge until he's actually "judged".

Second: This is a defense. If you stand, as he starts, assumes that I will tell him to run away and get out of my face. Its an assumption which is illmade, illdone. Again, this was not intentional to hurt; however, I'm not the enemy. To me, there was no attack made by me; he had no reason to "defend himself" against an allegation I had not made.

Third: This is self explanitory. He meant no offense, which I have forgiven, but this is a statement which attempts to assert his position as judge, my spot. I was agreed as a neutral, unbaised mediator and adjudicator. To even concieve of telling me what I should do proves doubt in my abilities. I have no qualms to ban a person in the guild. I have done it once before, and I may do so again. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will have special treatment in this trial. Nobody will be favored. This means I will ban Cale if I see fit. That's the point. That's where its offensive.

Last: Its much like the third point, it assumes that I do not have the capacity to be impartial. To say I won't be impartial is to say I will not hold my word. And he, more than anyone else, shoudl understand that honor shoudl be upheld. My honor, as the adjudicator, is understood as the greatest there is. My word is my bond, and my sentence is my wrath. In this courtroom, I unfortunately must decide the fate of one of my friends. Yet even I will hold no reserve in unleashing the kraken should I be forced to. It was a slight against my honor; it cna be forgiven.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:27 pm

Hooray! I'm screwed!
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games