Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbow-Power Kool-Aid

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:14 pm
Hello, 3G!

I'm This Could Be love, but you may all call me Fallon. I'm mainly found in the General Discussion's "Word Games and Others" subforum. I try to avoid the GD's main forum and the Chatterbox. I do visit the Writer's forum to read some poetry and stories. I like writing as in stories and speeches, but handwriting things not so much. My handwriting is pretty legible, but my words always end up smeared on paper. Erasable pens are my worst enemy. My favorite subjects in school are physics and algebra because I find math quite easy. The downside to having to take those classes is that my teachers only use short-hand and don't ever write out words (even when they make Power Points, their grammar is much less than perfect.

I used to instant message constantly. Okay, probably not a huge surprise to anyone. Though it was a convenient way to talk to friends, I found it to be a literacy slayer. No one would even dare talk to me online because it would take me forever to get my messages across. This was due to the fact that they, unlike me, used numbers and never used vowels in their messages. I found this annoying, so I left. End of that story.

If there is anything else you would like to know about me, just leave me a comment, visit my profile, or PM me. smile

~This Could Be Love (or Fallon, whichever you prefer)

*And if you may or may not have noticed, I do tend to add triple periods to the ends of my sentences. This usually occurs if there is a continuing thought or I could have said more but refuse to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:32 am
I'm WateryGrave. Grammar is my life.  

WateryGrave

Lonely Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

Mephiisto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:03 am
I'm PrivateJenkins. Yes, my name is one whole word. I did not forget a space. You can call me "Private" for short, if PrivateJenkins doesn't quite roll off your tongue. I'm 14 and a freshman in high school in Florida, in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami region. Pleased to meet you all. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:35 am
What! Why me? *fumes* They can't be serious. Who in their right minds would want to entangle with me, and learn to get to know me as an individual?
*Sighs* Okies, if you say so. But you owe me big-time for this.

Hey People, sorry for the delay, just having a conversation with me conscience like everyone does.^^ To be totally honest, I don't pay much attention to my conscience. There are too many cons in science, and the word con is in conscience...ARGH! My conscience is conning me! Help! Help! What on earth am I going to do? Er.. Eh heh..^_^;;

*Walks out* *Walks back in*

Let's start this again. *smoothes herself over* Hey theres, the person who has typed this out by placing her fingers in persisitent speeds of precision onto the keyboard is called Annabelle. But, you can call her Anna. In fact, it is greatly encouraged you refer to her as Anna, if you don't want to be disembowled, concussed and slit. Bearing in mind, that's just the consequences of her verbally attacking you. wink Okies, I'll stop with describing myself in third person now, you can relax. (Maybe).^^

Now, as far as the subject of grammar and skills in the English Language go, I am a perfectionist. Well to be truthful, I'm a perfectionist besides that, but that's a different story. XP Yeppies, I'm the one that helps my friends to spell properly. Without being asked. ^_o I can't abide with spelling mistakes. Misspelt words are a no-no. XP I just have to..just have..to..have to..correct..them.^^

I also have a passion for writing my own fiction and poetry. Ever since I was 5-6 years old of age I've held the ambition to become an author...and have been writing ever since my first mini-stories were born from my 5-6 year old mind teehee.^^

I have an obsession for Harry Potter...<3 Yeppies, that was random and irrelevant to what I was rambling on about, however...Harry Potter has his place everywhere. Teehee.

As you may have noticed I have a highly bad case of verbal diarrhoea. You'll get used to it. Hehe. Well before I reduce you to slumbering stupours, I will take my leave.

If you want to know more about me (which translates as: If you are clinically insane) access my Gaian profile, or take the perhaps easier, more accurate and perhaps more bewildering approach and talk to me on the guild, and experience me first hand. Experience my personality and conversational means first hand, I mean.^_o Now gimmie a creamcake! <3

See you in the guild (not that we're there now).

Anna^^.

Erikittie

ririnyan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm
Hello!

I ought really to do my introduction now, I think. I'm Riri, I'm 24 and I'm English. I love languages, both English and a variety of foreign, history and travel. I graduated from Oxford with a degree in Egyptology ( sweatdrop ) In my spare time I enjoy sculpting, drawing and videogames. whee

Nice to meet you all! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:28 pm
I guess if you really want some information about me, I suppose I could, well, I don't know, give you some? Just to warn you, you asked for you.

OK so, I'm Brick ` and this is my third username I've had since I joined gaia which is ALMOST going to be a year. Unless you can't remember that my name is Brooke, just take the easy way out and call me Brick. It's actually my nickname. Short pointless story why my nickname is Brick so I'll just tell you 'Because I like it.' =D

Enough of names, I think you got that down. I'm a Girl, Female, Lady, miss, OK? I'm fourteen years old and hopefully a good literate. I try to be, really. So anyways, I'm in the eighth grade at a stupid school in Pennsylvania, which is located in the USA, but you probably knew that. My birthday is August fourteenth because that's when mommy went to the hospital and so on. x3

My looks? Erm well... I'm not going to descide wether I'm pretty or not, you can do that yourself if you really want to but meh. I can do facts! I have brown hair and blue eyes with I adore greatly. <3 Right now I'm about five foot three and totally not going to tell you my weight. ;3 I'm not big though. A decent size I suppose. Bad thing is, I'm blind, so I have glasses. D;

I like LITERATE random PMs. If you can spell words, put grammar, and isn't totally a buttwipe jerk, I think we could get to know each other. =D I should at least put some interests I guess.

Music. Music music music. I deeply love the stuff! I'm totally into Rock and may, but barely, listen to hip hop. Usually, I'll listen to Alternative Rock, sometimes screamo. I don't feel like listing bands. You can just ask me. Sports are loveable too. Bowling and Tennis are my two sports to play. I'll probably be joining the Tennis team next year and I'm already on a bowling league. Yay me! I love Iced tea and hate soda and coke. Yeah, I'm a bit odd to some who are like "ZOMG HoW DEW U NOT DREENK SODAH OR COK!?!1?SHIFT1?" Well, appearently I can live without it. :3 Sometimes I'll play video games but I usually never get around to it. I do play my DS and have a Gamecube. I like to Roleplay. I'm trying to make my first roleplay but... yeah... I'm having troubles. D: Another thing I LOVE LOVE LOVE is riding bike with is part of the reason why I hate winter and adore summer. I love the warm and hate the cold but I do like snow and love Christmas. x3 Plus I feel like I get fat over winter from the lack of exercise. D; Oh dear me... I read Manga. I'd probably chose Manga over Anime but meh.

I think I took enough time from you. D:
I ramble when it comes to introductions. >__>;
So, yeah. x3

-Brick `

~. <3 .~

Brick `

Enduring Explorer

Natilly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:24 pm
I'm Lexi, a 14 year old who loves to be literate, but in school, thats a different story. School is crazy grammar @.@ ..... I live in America also.. But I know English, learning: Japanese, Polish, Spanish, and some French.... Tis fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:07 pm
Hello everyone!

I'm new and there's nothing really special about me that I want to say here, so if anyone has any questions, please ask. =)

Chase Keyhole

bluecadet3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:05 pm
Hello!!
I'm new here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:29 pm
Hello everyone! My name is Nathalie, and I'm a 13 year old Literate. Or at least, I try my very best to be. I currently have an Aching Tooth. Wisdom Tooth is almost out, to be more specific. >.< I live in South Carolina, United States, America. My first language is English, and my second is Spanish. I am Dominican, American, and Ecuadorian, and not proud of it. I hate the Spanish Culture and Language, so I am trying to forget how to speak Spanish. I can read Spanish a little. I'm trying to learn how to speak Japanese. I have Short-Term Memory Loss, so excuse me if I ask you the same question a couple of times. sweatdrop I love Swimming, Drawing (Especially Anime), Video Games, Gaia, Conquer, and a whole bunch of other things. I have an odd Obsession with Cheese. cheese_whine Sorry if that hurt your eyes a bit. I am in the eighth grade, hoping to pass to High school. I am often very weird, or random. xD I guess that's it about me. You can look in my Journal for some pictures of me.  

BF Renaissance Kagome

Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Dreyja

4,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:39 pm
I am simply Drea.
I am in college, I got my GED, and I have made it a hobby to get into heated discussions about grammar and punctuation with anyone who will speak about it.
Also, I bought a Gregg Reference Manual, and I find it not only very informative, but also hilarious.
It has a whole chapter on the proper use of the 'comma', and it has little tidbits in it's examples. My favorite so far is the sentence where it taught me that the Spanish word for 'wife' is also the Spanish word for 'handcuffs'.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:43 pm
Hello! My name is Monica and I'm a Junior in high school. I'm planning on majoring in International Relations in college and I love writing. I don't know though. I might decide to become a journalist. I joined this guild because I hate chat speak. Oh, I have to go. Bye!  

dark_moon_priestess

ice_lollies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:13 am
Hi!

Um, my name's Amelia and I'm 15 years old. I'm only just starting my English Literature course, but I've always loved to read and write. I learnt to read (when I was little) earlier than almost everyone in the class, and haven't stopped since. I write poetry, short stories and fanfiction (when I can be bothered), but I would love to start writing a multi-chapter novel, maybe as a collaboration with a few of my friends as well. Oh, and I love to draw even more than I do to write...if that's possible biggrin

I can be kinda crazy, and love to act younger than I am, but I know when to be serious and apparently am able to cheer people up just by being happy myself ^_^
I think this is a great community, and I'll try to be as active as I can, but I've got major exams coming up this year, with a massive workload, so yeah...might not be that easy.

Anyway, if you want to know more check out my profile, and I love getting random PM's! heart

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:56 pm
Hello, i am new to the guild and i am happy to be a part of it~! I am always literate, it sometimes bugs my friends though~! i am 14 years old and my name is Caitlin, i hate the text talk and it sometimes confuses me, unless i know what it is~! I know i will love it here, and i hope we can be friends~!  

Rukia_rocks

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:59 pm
I don't think my grammar is that great but I don't really like "txt talk" and I'm interested in this guild- so here I am. wink

Hi. Geez, I never know what to say for introductions. Um, I live in Canada and can read/write/speak English and some French. I know a bit of Chinese but I don't speak it very well. sweatdrop
I'm in high school and you'd think that with all the homework, I wouldn't be spending my time talking about myself. Whoops, I'm suppose to be doing my work right now... I better do this quickly then.

Likes -- Art, sleeping, animals, beaches...
Dislikes -- Copycats, spiders, pepper, mango...

Nice to meet the guild. heart  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games