Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Role Player's County

Back to Guilds

People of all kind who love Role Playing (( RP )) (: 

Tags: Role Play, Acting, Community, Friends 

Reply Romance // Drama
M o n o c h r o m e [[O/A]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Join? :3
  Sure. ^ ^
  Nuuu. -__-
  Whooo moneyz/I'm a poll whore! : D
View Results

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 pm
[[Oh! Kari can team up with Rosaline! And I also would like to make Kari be part of the street fighting! ]]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:06 pm
[[HELL YEAH. High five! owo...Online five! xD
Want to post that Kari sees her on the street now? I'm dying to RP. =w=]]

impiousLion

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:29 pm
[[Sorry, I can't right now, I have to leave really soon. But I'll post as soon as humanly possible.

Edit:Bells, how about Rosaline and Kari meet up in an ally near the festival, late in the afternoon? They they can somehow end up in the fight club together.]]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:21 pm
[Lol! Well at least it's still alive!~]  

ForgottenRhyme

Blessed Fatcat

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:52 pm
Kari was running as fast as her legs could carry her through traffic. She needed to find a place to stay, and a way to earn some money. But first she needed to get as far away as possible from the slave market. Her escape hadn't gone as smooth as she'd thought. Soon police would be looking for her.

The guards had seen her come out of the closed store unaccompanied, with her collar still on, and were approaching her cautiously. Each had a gun, but neither fired on her. Kari scowled, and not wanting to stay and chat, she ran. And ran. And was still running. She could rely on her body to do that much, but already the fear was seeping back into her. She ran faster.

Kari weaved her way through the streets, moving faster than any 14 girl should be able to in her mad dash. But it was hard going; the polluted air caused her to wheeze and choke, and she eventually slipped into a dark, uninhabited ally. The dark was cool, and it felt good. Maybe daylight wasn't all it was cracked up to be, either, she thought. Her entire life was spend 12 stories under the ground, with no natural light.

Suddenly the sounds of gun fire broke out from somewhere, not to far from Kari. But she heard clear as if she was admits them herself, and as she made her way through the maze of allies on instinct alone, her mind was else were, and scene started to form in her head. She didn't know who the people the vision were, but they obviously weren't getting along.

The vision ended with one man escaping in a limo with a badly injured dog followed by a girl on a scooter, and she as she gained her awareness back, she realized she was surrounded by many people, out in the open. Confused, Kari realized that this must be were the shooting had taken place, and had been subconsciously lead herself there. It appeared the fight was over, and she was just about to go back out in search of shelter for the night when she saw her. A girl with pale skin, white hair, and and red eyes. This was not what startled Kari though. The girl had a eye patch over her right eye, and dried blood streaked from under it.

There eyes met for only a short second, during which the other probably didn't take Kari into much consideration. But in that second Kari felt the power surging from that girl. Unaware that she was taking a few steps forward, Kari watched her, not once daring to loose sight of her. Lights started to come on. It was approaching late afternoon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:48 pm
Rosaline walked on. She didn't need to be afraid. She didn't want to. That emotion had left her years ago. As did her sanity, and quite a bit of her memories. The drugs tested on her wiped her mind clean of her most cherished memories when she was young. There were only a few, distant fragments of the past left singed into her mind. Simple, clear pictures. She could distinctly remember a young boy's face, a couple years older than her, and blood. Much, much bloodshed. Unneeded, barbaric bloodshed, that could have been avoided, and over a trivial matter.
She could feel her eyes sting slightly, as well as her nostrils. The putrid, polluted air was simply unbearable in this district. It was right next to several power plants, so what could you expect? Rose cough lightly through clenched teeth. She needed to find shelter- palpably downtown, where the air is a bit less poluted. She flinched as the streetlights flicked on. God, Rosaline hadn't seen the outside world in...how many years now? She'd lost track herself. After five years she somewhat gave up on life in the labs. The cold, evening air was something that she'd always loved though, especially after a long downpour. She subconsciously smiled a bit. Before...that day, she'd always loved to go out in the evening for a stroll with her...she couldn't remember who, but for a moment the boy's face flashed back to mind.
Shaking her head, she snapped back into reality. A limousine raced past her. Rose caught a glimpse of the man inside, and beside him...she couldn't identify the dark, squirming mass. Perhaps it was some sort of animal...Nonetheless, she eyes met another girl's from across the street for a split second before she looked to the festival. Then, out of sheer habit, she glanced back at the girl. She was at least a bit younger than her, tan, with bright pink hair. Unusual, but it fit the girl. Something glimmered on her neck and Rose took a few steps forward to identify it. A collar. She was a slave- and an escaped one. Why else would she look like the devil was after her? Rose saw the girl staring at her, as well as an opportunity to help her survive. Perhaps the girl would be willing to cooperate with her. Together, they might be able to survive in this dog-eat-dog world. But she didn't get her hoped up. Maybe this girl would just run like the rest. Or fight, like others.
Rosaline continued to walk forward, then stopped a few feet from the girl before speaking.
"Excu-" she coughed, "Excuse me. Ar-Are you a runaway slave?"
Her voice was dry and cracked from underuse. She usually only 'spoke' when she hollered in pain in the labs. Other than that, her vocals were silent for the majority of her time spent there.

[[I know right?! : D]]  

impiousLion

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Kari watched this other girl, caught of guard. She was coming her way. To her. Kari may not be sure of what to make of her, but she seemed to have interest in Kari after all. Again Kari was aware of Rose's aura of power. Up until now, Kari hadn't realized she could notice them at all. Probably because she'd been locked up all her life, surrounded only by regular, if not cruel, humans. Scientists. Doctors. Kari's whole body shook as a chill crept up her, before she pushed any and all thoughts that might lead back to Doc and her imprisonment, and tried to seem like she was on top of things. But she was never taught how to lie in her study sessions. Let alone how to act around other people.

But Rose was at Kari now, and Kari was slightly on edge around new people, she realize, but was thankful she'd accepted the patch as part of the girl, and that help put her at ease. Acceptance for others was good. And the girl had come over, hadn't she? Time to try and make friends.

Rose stopped a few feet away, and began speaking, but had to cough. Kari automatically related this with her trouble with the polluted air as well, and started to see the opportunity Rose must have seen. Two heads were better than one, as they say. Then Rose asks her the question. Kari, having been sheltered in the base all her life, had no idea of how the slave trade worked. But she had been a test subject of brain enhancement, and her deducting and reasoning skills could tell her something on her must be a dead giveaway. The collar. The collar around her neck she'd seen on all the slaves. Some clairvoyant she was turning out to be. But Rose seemed of no harm to her. Kari answers the girl, with a empathetic glance directed towards the coughing.

"I knew someone would figure it out eventually. It was the collar that gave me away, wasn't it? Guess it'll have to go..." Kari reached for the collar and started to try and undo it, although she could have just pride it off easy enough. And her voice didn't seem too steady, and she probably didn't seem stable, either with her appearance and all. Then again, she didn't expect too. She'd never exactly had exposure to those on the outside, let alone even had normal conversation with someone else like her. Like me. It was a hopeful concept, she realized, one she'd tried not to pursue up until this encounter with. . . Oh, right. Names.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry... I-I am, no, my name is Kari. What's your name?" the words seemed foreign, exotic, and came slow and rather choppily. Especially her name. She'd never had to introduce her self. Suddenly the realization of her situation hit her.

This was the real world; one that, despite all her studies and super-human abilities, she was extremely ignorant of and totally unprepared for. Good thing she naturally was a quick learner. She'd need it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:10 pm
[[Writer's block...AHAHHHH DAMN IT. DX]]

Rosaline rubbed her neck with one hand. The combination of crappy air quality and her underused vocals was enough to make her throat feel sore. But she found something else to be even more astonishing. This was the first real conversation she'd had in over a decade! It was so foreign- speaking, and getting an actual response, that is. She noticed how the girl was very tense - mentally tense. Physically, she seemed to be fine with Rose's presence, though her mind was still in a somewhat shocked state. Perhaps it was her kinetic aura? Oh, she'd forgotten to suppress it. Of course. In the labs, she was encouraged to release it, for their tests. Rose strained her mind to withdraw the energy surrounding her. It retracted in an instant, and the tense air seemed to lift a bit.
Rose nodded at her first few questions, which she assumed to be amusing...Assumed. She hadn't known humor for God knows how long. When Kari mentioned her name, it caught Rose somewhat off guard. She coughed lightly once more to clear her throat.
"Me? Oh...Uhh...My name is...is...I'm Rosaline! Yes, that's it..." Was this enough proof of the mental brainwashing of the labs? The girl had nearly forgotten her own name, and it took this to make her remember it.
Rose looked up at the sky for a moment. "Say...D-do you by any chance know a place to stay for the night? I's just..." she pointed to where she'd just ran away from "...got out. So I-...I don't know anything about the city here..."

impiousLion

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 pm
[[I know how you feel. D:]]

Kari felt the energy lift, but thought it was due to the fact the collar was finally off. She relaxed her mind a bit, and that seemed to make all the difference. Now she felt somehow more in control of herself, and her confidence soared. She didn't even hesitate when Rosaline asked her if she knew were they could stay. Kari had to shake her head on that one.

"No, but there are probably some empty houses downtown... we could probably find a place to stay, if only for a while." Kari offered to Rose, backing it up with what had to be a smile. How new the feeling was. Kari looked to were she pointed, but couldn't see anything. Until she felt her mind at work again, and suddenly she seeing more than what mere eyes could. Flashing lights. Police cars. Searching. Military. Instinct took over. Kari reach out and took Rose by the arm, before turning and starting to flee. Her movements were fluid, graceful. She did not ponder why. They had to get through the crowd, and fast. Kari looked behind her, at Rose, and put on a brave face as she continued her nimble darting through the crowed with her in tow.

"Looks like they want one of us back," she apologized.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm
Rosaline felt releaved at Kari's answer. She inhaled to respond a polite 'thank you', but suddenly, the sirens of police cars hit her ears. She tensed and looked about. A helicopter soared near them, scanning the streets with its search light. Then another copter, and another- all searching for something, someone...Could it be her or Kari that they were looking for? Or both? Before she could even respond, Kari had grabbed her hand and they were both dashing madly away from the searching parties. Rose listened to her words before giving a grave reponse.
"Or both of us," she looked down one alley and saw a sort of stairway leading down into something...Somewhere...dark. Perfect. Rose stopped and pulled Kari into the alley, "We can hide down there."
She lead her down the stairs, but the stairs eventually led to a door. She could hear cheering and hollering on the other side of the metal door, and music blasting away. Cigarette smoke wafted out of the thin opening that the door had. Rose covered her mouth and nose, attempting to block out the stinging odor. She turned to look at Kari, wanting her opinion on this.

[[Tis the fight club! Hazah! : D
And thank you for your understanding. T-T]]

impiousLion

ForgottenRhyme

Blessed Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:03 am
[Bump!]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:03 am
As Tenrai picked up one of the air rifles and aimed at the stuffed animal, Sol smiled. He patted her on the head lightly before nodding. "Of course. Those tickets are as good as ours" he assured her, paying the man for Tenrai's shot before kneeling down and taking his shot. It was dead center. The tickets fell over and the man running the booth grabbed them, congratulating him and handing the tickets over to him. He looked to Tenrai, nodding and pocketing the tickets. Now it was her turn! "Go for it, Tenrai!" he encouraged, setting his air rifle down and watching her as she readied to take the shot.
--
Reid laughed as Mika told him she would name her new goldfish after him. He was glad he picked Mika up. Not only did he rescue her from her horrible life in the slave market, but he also had a great singer and a great companion. At first, he had thought of her as a pet. He still kind of did, but at the same time, she was like the servants at his mansion. They were all as close as family to him. He ruffled Mika's hair softly as he continued to walk with her. "They're going to have a show in the middle of the festival in just a bit. IT should be some dancing. Want to watch?"

The Aceless Star

Quotable Conversationalist

impiousLion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:03 pm
Tenrai watched Sol aim and fire. A direct hit, of course. This was merely more evidence to help back-up her theory of him being a NovaSoldier. Even the man behind the booth was suprised, as it seemed. Once it was her turn, Tenrai nodded in response and flicked her tail. She flattened her ears as she raised the rifle up to the target of the little stuffed dog. She closed one eye to make her aim more accurate. Breathing in, she reminisced on how long it's been since she'd held any rifle at all. It was since before the accident...Over two years. She grunted to wipe the memories out and pull the trigger. She'd hit the dead center of the target. The man running the booth clapped and handed her the toy. Tenrai sniffed it before anything. it smelled...new, and clean. And now that she had it in her hands, the fluffy thing really did look like the one she'd had as a child. Despite her obvious love for the thing, she did not hug it. Instead, she clutched it tightly with her hands, making it appear that she was choking the toy. It was quite the opposite though, to those who understand her. Tenrai's ears perked back up and her tail swayed. It felt like she was reunited with that same old toy from the labs...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 am
Mika fixed up her hair a little with one hand since the other was holding the fish. "Okay!",she replied with a nod. A dance performance would be great to watch,especially since there's music in the air. As she walked towards the stage, she noticed something on the ground in a corner. It was like something red that was spilled all over the place. Mika didn't make any attempt to turn her head since she instantly knew what it was. Even after they passed that place there was this ringing in her head that wouldn't stop. Her ears slowly lowered and she placed her hands on them as if to block the ringing,but it was futile anyway.  

ForgottenRhyme

Blessed Fatcat

pintachu

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 pm
[[So sorry I haven't posted yet!! Been meaning to and tried twice but I never got it up!!!]]

Kari covered her mouth as she choked on the foul air radiating from the door way as someone opened it. Kari had only time to nod once to Rosaline before the man (who was quite tall) saw them. There would be no fleeing now, Kari knew this. She could only glance between the two as the man seemed to think over something momentarily, then barked in a gruff voice at them, making Kari want to raise her eyebrows in alarm. Not thinking it'd be wise, she restrained herself.

"Who you here with?" the man yelled at them. Kari couldn't understand why he was yelling until she realized there was exceedingly loud music blaring from the room. She hadn't heard it over the noise of her heart beating in her ears. Kari was used to the chilling, unearthly quiet of her artificial environment of the labs at the base.

The man asked the question again, and Kari could tell he wasn't a very patient person to begin with. Not knowing what to do, she decided she'd have to play this by ear. Which turned out to be the right choice, because she heard from behind the man an announcer asking if all contestants were ready to begin the matches, to much cheering of the crowd in the room.

Kari met the man's gaze and said over the music in a respecting, serious voice, not wanting to be thought of as a joke, "We're not here with anyone. We came as contestants."  
Romance // Drama

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff