Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Fifth Year~Pure Blood

There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard

Iris paused when Gid stopped to catch his breath. "Don't worry about the spells, the ones I'm thinking of are basically prank spells, and are easily countered. Even if I didn't know the counters, if you leave it long enough, they eventually wear off on their own. Jelly legs is the jinx I'm leaning towards, and it can be fought off in the space of about five minutes if you're stubborn. And don't panic," she advised, catching his glance at his wrist. "If we are out after curfew, I'm more likely to gain points than lose them if I simply tell anyone who catches us that I'm helping you back to your dorm. You'd probably be advised to give yourself more time in the future, but I doubt any of the prefects or teachers would actually dock you any points. You're a firstie that got stuck on the stairs. You weren't the first to get lost or stuck, and you won't be the last," she assured Gid.

There's a fire in your eyes*
And I hope you'll let it burn*
Until you're heard*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀBʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ Dᴇsᴛʀᴏʏᴇᴅɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ʏᴏᴜ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ Sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇʀ
Dᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ I'ᴍ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ᴀ ғɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ
Dᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ I'ᴍ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ

Gid took a few deep breaths, grateful that Iris stopped without question. She proceeded to explain that the spells she planned to use were mostly safe. She'd either be able to undo it magically, or wait a few minutes for it to dissipate on it's own. He grinned, glad she found a way to make the situation work, in a way that would satisfy all needs. She must be really smart! "Alright, so long as it won't cause you any lasting damage. I'd hate for your legs to be jellified for more than a few minutes. It would not only be horrible, but it would also be hilarious... and I can't promise I wouldn't laugh. I just can't." He chuckled, then sneaked a glance at his watch again. As if by magic... Iris told him they wouldn't get in trouble, even past curfew. She said she'd likely be rewarded for helping him, and he'd only get told to head for the rooms earlier. In his defense, he'd left plenty early! He'd just... gotten stuck. With a smile and a nod, he resumed his march up the steps. It was only a few more, then he hopped onto the seventh floor's landing. "We made it up the stairs! Whoo! Now I've got to go.... left, I think, to get to the dorm? I don't know. I got a little confused there for a bit." His surroundings looked familiar, so he decided he'd follow his intuition and just go the direction he believed correct.

{OoC: You can end scene next post if you want!}
Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 pm
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Fifth Year~Pure Blood

There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard

"Eh, you can laugh all you like, as long as you can take what you dish," Iris said easily as they finished their trek up the stairs. She had to admit, the firstie was certainly a stubborn little thing and seemed to have a little attitude peeking out as he relaxed a bit.

When the last step was finally behind them, Gid seemed to be a bit more familiar with the area, judging by the look of somewhat tentative recognition. "Yes, the dorms are to the left, and left again at the T," Iris confirmed. "Going with you past here on a first meeting would be a touch rude, as the dorms are at least technically supposed to be secret, so I'll leave you here, okay? See you tomorrow for falling practice!" Iris excused herself, then hightailed it back to her own dorm to beat the curfew. After all, the sett was a properly underground burrow, and it was a long way to the basement from the seventh floor.

There's a fire in your eyes*
And I hope you'll let it burn*
Until you're heard*

x Hufflepuff x OoC sad (And cut!))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:17 pm
User Image

Taken By : Tori Macclallan

User Image User Image
                                        Location: Great Hall : Ravenclaw Table → Grand Staircase

Making his way to the main staircase Dakota stopped at the stairs before turning his attention back to the first years. Of course he made sure he didn't lose any of them in the shuffle. "This is the Grand Staircase and it is the most direct way to the dormitories as well as just about everywhere else in the castle. We're handed to the fifth floor. However the stairs kind of like to move, you can thank Rowena Ravenclaw for that. So stay close and please do keep up. I don't know you getting lost." He explained before making his way up the stairs. Making sure everyone stayed together as they made their way to the fifth floor corridor.

(Exit to Fifth Floor)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Fellow Ravenclaws... First Years

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
                                        Not to mention quite inventive.
                                        You'll find your home in...
                                        Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

The Forgotten Weasley
                                        Diantha Warlow
                                        Cara MiaKitty
                                        Colin Beckett
                                        Maiya Kajuji
                                        Colin Doyle
                                        The Shiny Furret
                                        Kiley Umber

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:34 pm
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FIFƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

PЯΣFΣᄃƬ

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addison made his way from the back of the group that Tori had been leading up to the front, then clapped to garner everyone's attention. "Okay everyone, so this is the Grand Staircase. I'd be careful going up these stairs. They're prone to moving without provocation. The staircase leads to pretty much everything important. It's a major source of traffic during the school day. Classes, the library, the Hospital Wing... just about everything is located here. Now, stay together and try not to miss the stairs." He took the lead and headed up the stairs. On a platform, he said, "Oh, yeah, Gryffindor's common room is located on the seventh floor, so we have a bit of a walk." He nodded, then continued the climb.

The Shiny Furret

OliMcD
Chelsea Van Asten

Maiya Kajuji
Cerry Bennett

Diamond Wales
Brandon Davenport

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Johnny and Jake Evanson

{Exit to Seventh Floor Corridor

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:31 am
User Image
ⓀⒾⓁⒺⓎ ⒶⓃⒹ ⓀⒾⓂⒷⒺⓇⓁⓎ ⓊⓂⒷⒺⓇ
Ravenclaw | First Years | Gryffindor

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world.
And while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her when she smiles.

Kiley followed closely behind the Prefect, gazing in awe at all of the aspects of the building. It all looked so old, but very interesting. There were paintings lining the walls, and-- wait a minute, did one of them just move? Moving paintings? How neat! Did they talk as well? Could they hold conversations with real people, or each other for that matter? Looking at the staircase, Kiley wondered how it moved like it did. Well, magic, of course, but still, how?

Kimberly followed happily as the Prefects led them all to the staircase. They were going to be living in a tower! That was so cool! Looking up the staircase, she oooh'd at how amazing it looked. Moving staircases! Moving paintings! What other things would she discover on her adventures throughout the castle? She stepped onto the stairs, quickly as to not miss them. As they moved upward, Kimberly glanced up and caught sight of her sister. She waved wildly, grinning from ear to ear. So they were both staying in towers! Cool!

[Kiley exits to Fifth Floor Corridor]
[Kimberly exits to Seventh Floor Corridor]

She's a wild one with an angel's face. She's a woman-child in a state of grace.
When she was 3 years old on her daddy's knee, he said you can be anything you want to be.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:13 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Taking good care to make sure the collection of incoming students entrusted to her were still present and accounted for, Selina led the group up the broad stairs. "Our Common Room and dormitories are located in one of the highest towers in the castle," she told the group, as they ascended the stairs. "However, the view from up there is well worth the trip up the stairs."

As they continued along, Selina added, "Oh, and a bit of advice. Watch your surroundings carefully. The stairs have a nasty habit of moving, and one can easily end up on the wrong landing. Also the people in the pictures visit each other frequently, so the paintings aren't necessarily the best of landmarks to use. Just stick close to me, and you'll be fine."

OOC: First Year Ravenclaws are asked to post here, before going on up to the Fifth Floor Corridor. Thank you.

Quote:
                                            stitchkin babe

Quote:
                                            Utsuha Moon

Quote:
                                            Devlyn Maycry

Quote:
                                            The Shiny Furret

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:17 pm
ค๔๔เร๏ภ c๏llเภร
รเxтђ yєคภ gภyŦŦเภ๔๏ภ

pภєŦєcт

Girl you're the one I want to want me
And if you want me, girl you got me
There's nothing I, no I wouldn't do
Just to get up next to you

Walking out onto the Grand Staircase, Addy turned to look at the first years. "So, I don't know if you've been informed yet, but the staircases here have a tendency to move. There's no predicting when or where it will move, so it's generally advised to move fast as possible. Now, we're heading up to the seventh floor. If anyone needs to take a break, let me know." He nodded and started climbing the stairs.

Just the thought of you
Gets me so high, so high
Oh just the thought of you
Gets me so high, so high

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{Exit to Seventh Floor Corridor}

Cara MiaKitty

Graydon Ironshield

Essy ze Ninja

Deviled Dregs

anbu_ninja_penguin

Devlyn Maycry

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:19 pm
Habits of the lemmings die hard-
And patterns of obsession go far.
They have you digging ditches so you never see the stars!
Now all the lessons learned get buried in the yard;
And ways of the weapons bombard.
Building mountains of the body bags large-
Rubbernecking while collision greets your car!

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

fifth yearmuggleborngryffindor beater

Aster led the first years out of the Great Hall and across the antechamber to the Grand Staircase, pausing just before it to turn on them. "All the staircases in this school move, and that may or may not be a plot to weed out the weak ones before the first week is over. So my advice is to run up them like a maniac and try to make a jump for the landing if the stairs start moving before you make it there. Kidding. Don't actually do something that dumb; I'll get in loads of trouble, and you'll probably be dead. Speaking of dead, dunno if you've seen any yet, but there's tons of ghosts around. Most of them are friendly. If they look scary on top of the whole dead thing, take that as a hint and steer clear. The Gryffindor House ghost is Nearly Headless Nick; the name says it all." With that said, she briskly started up the stairs, continuously looking back over her shoulder to make sure the first years weren't dawdling. "Did you think I was joking? Hell no, go, go, go! Watch out for the trick step! No, I won't tell you which one it is, I have morals!"

OOC:
((ATTENTION FIRST YEARS: Aster's next post will be at the Seventh Floor Corridor; no one should be posted there before I post her- wait until I do to post your first year.))
Deviled Dregs

Miss GryffindorK

mc2

murruelecreuset

kiska166

Cara MiaKitty

Follow; don't get left behind-
Don't think, just do what they certify!
You're that servant that never chose a side;
A vassal of the modern times...
And when it all blows up you duck your head and hide.
You're out there searching for that silver line;
But your sweat has covered up the signs.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:18 am
User Image
Alice Beckstead

Time: 2033-2034
Looking: Adorable
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Alice led the first years to the Grand Staircase and said, "Just a warning, all the staircases in this school move. But don't worry, there is a pattern to it all... it's sort of hard to describe but you get used to it. If for some reason the staircases move be sure to hold onto the railings and wait for the staircase to get settled before moving. Better to be a few minutes late than to get hurt, right?"
                                                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    Quiet and observant,
                                                    You watch everything around you and learn from your environment,
                                                    This shouldn't be to hard...
                                                    Ravenclaw!

{OoC: }
                                                    Miss GryffindorK
                                                    Connor Overton

Diamond Wales
                                                    Glynn Llewlyn

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                    Tiernan Yaxley

Essy ze Ninja
                                                    Gavin Selwyn

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

YOᑌᑎGᕮᖇ TᗯIᑎᖇᗩᐯᕮᑎᑕᒪᗩᗯ ᖴIᖇᔕT Yᕮᗩᖇ

Connor had managed to start getting the hang of his most common routes, though he was always grateful when there was a person or two to help him get where he was going. In this case, he was headed toward the Great Hall. It was nearly lunchtime, and he was quite hungry. He was four pages in on an essay for Herbology, and he figured lunch would be a good refresher. Unfortunately, his plan had had a hitch to it. Namely that he seemed to fail in his timing of the stairs. As of now, he was holding onto the railing with a free hand, wondering how to make it to the Great Hall when the stairs were in the wrong spot. When they moved again, the boy sat on the steps, hoping someone could tell him when the stairs were safe to traverse once more.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ, ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ.
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴘ ᴏғ ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ғʟʏ, ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ
Aʟʟ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅʀʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ,
Sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, Sʜɪɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ

{OoC}
SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ If you ever need someone to cry to ♪
♫ If you ever need someone to hold you ♪
♫ I will be there ♪
♫ Standing by your side ♪

------тнιrd----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Claire had been wandering in between classes, as she was wont to do. This particular time, she was singing as she wandered through the halls. She happened to walk into the Grand Staircase and spotted a younger student sitting on the stair. The girl was always one to help a student in need and this boy definitely looked like someone in need. Navigating the stairs, she dropped onto the stair beside him. "Hi, I'm Claire Wilson. You look like you need help. Do you?" she asked, turning her head to glance at the boy.

♫ If you ever need someone ♪
♫ To just love you ♪
♫ To simply adore you ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Connor was debating walking again, but he decided it might be smarter to just wait until someone came along. At least he was in a central location, rather than being lost in a scary dungeon corridor this time. When he heard footsteps, the boy slipped his sunglasses over his eyes, preparing for the worst. When they, rather, she, spoke, Connor felt a wave of relief. No need to worry. In fact, the girl seemed both nice and helpful, two things he rather needed. The Ravenclaw stood, balancing carefully on the steps, still holding tight with the railing. "Y-yes, I could use a bit of help, actually. I was heading for the Great Hall, but the stairs began moving, and I'm not quite sure... where I'm off to." He tapped his cane carefully, wondering wehereabouts the girl was standing. "I'm Connor, by the way. Connor Overton. I'm new at the school, hence why I'm a bit turned around." For some reason, he decided not to disclose his lack of vision, though he knew it was obvious to anyone else. Dark glasses, odd clothes choices, and his cane should be enough, but it was always possible she wouldn't notice...

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ, ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ.
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴘ ᴏғ ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ғʟʏ, ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

{OoC}
SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:29 pm
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ If you ever need someone to cry to ♪
♫ If you ever need someone to hold you ♪
♫ I will be there ♪
♫ Standing by your side ♪

------тнιrd----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

As he stood up, she did too, then noticed the get-up, including the cane. "Oh, you're the blind boy," she said under her breath, then flushed a little as she realized that sounded rude. "I apologize for that. Connor, eh? Nice to meet you. I'll surely lead you down. When I got here, these stairs were a little rough as well. My big sister told me all about them and taught me how to predict them. She's the team captain for Hufflepuff. That's my house too." She smiled at the boy, though she knew he couldn't see it. She always smiled though. "If you don't mind, I can take your hand and lead you down to the Great Hall."

♫ To just love you ♪
♫ To simply adore you ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

Connor felt his cheeks warm up a bit when the girl simply said he was the blind boy. Perhaps he was doomed to be called by that title. Oh well. At least she seemed to feel bad about her phrasing. "Yes, I am. Blind, I mean. I... Uh... Don't feel bad, Claire. I know I'm the odd blind kid. Makes it worse that I'm a twin and the other can see. Primary school was a nightmare." He chuckled quietly, hoping to make her feel better. She wasn't to know, and it was a pretty common reaction, actually. She apologized, then addressed him by name, making him stand a bit taller. She agreed to helping him find his way, then said she used to get lost too. "I thought I had figured them out by time, but either my watch is off, or I was wrong. Perhaps both." He sighed quietly, hoping Claire would divulge the secret to the stairs. He didn't particularly want to be caught on the stairs alone anymore. He tapped his cane a few more times, pondering offering his hand. She wasn't likely to lead him astray, so he agreed, reluctantly holding out his hand, leaving his dominant hand to operate his cane. No use tripping and sending them both down the stairs, after all....

{OoC}
SummerIsles

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items