Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:11 pm
                  User ImageUser Image

User Image

Red and black >

Ronna stretched as she was the first one to walk into the courtyard, setting up for the Dueling Club. Actually, more like having a stack of papers for those who were yet to join to sign up on, but beyond that didn't have much more to worry about. After all, one of the nice things about the dueling club is usually she just let practice duels occur and those didn't need much set up. Though she supposed maybe targets might be useful if certain people-say Theo-couldn't act with some common sense in a practice duel.

She seriously hoped he was less arrogant this year, especially considering how she went off on him last year and then her talk to him over the summer. She liked Theo, and she considered him like a little brother, but she wasn't stupid enough to not recognize his weaknesses. It was because of those weaknesses she had decided on who she would request to take over for her next year, though she worried about the candidates temper and hardheadedness. It wasn't like Tanya Cherri was the most levelheaded person out there-granted, Ronna wasn't either, but she had a cold logical aspect to her that Tanya didn't seem to have much. Of course, Ronna trusted someone like Elsie or Leo to step up if Tanya lost her cool too much. And Tanya was the best choice. Leo was too agreeable. And Elsie didn't have the presence Tanya did. With a club such as this, Ronna felt having the members too scared to act up too much was useful. Very useful considering they were slinging spells at each other.

Checking her watch, Ronna leaned against one of the stone walls waiting for people to show up. To think it was going to be Ronna's last year with the Dueling Club...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:06 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

Tanya walked outside for dueling club already pulling on her fingerless gloves and stretching out any kinks she might have in her neck. The one thing she loved most about dueling club (besides the fact that it was pretty much the only way to practice half of what you learned in DADA or Charms) was that it gave a great way to release any frustrations she gathered during the week. Quidditch practice, while exhilarating, wasn't the best outlet unless you were a beater. As a chaser she ran the risk of actually becoming more frustrated from not being able to keep a hold on the ball. But luckily dueling gave her a nice controlled way to let out anything she had bottling up without taking it out on someone she generally liked. Or well, taking it out on someone she liked in a bad way. Either way it sounded terrible but still, dueling! Like usual she spotted Ronna there first stretching with the forms already laid out and gave the older girl a grin and wave before jogging the rest of the way over to her. "Hey Ronna! Ready for your last year with us? Also, killer shorts." the younger teen complimented eyeing the denim shorts and red tights. She never knew why the older girl never just wore shorts without the use of tights but considering how well she wore it, who was she to say anything bad?

mc2

Quote:

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

UniformWhere: Dueling ClubWith: RonnaThinking: I sooo needed thisOOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:19 pm
                  User ImageUser Image

User Image

Red and black >

Ronna smiled as Tanya was the first to arrive, as it would just make her life easier in offering her the position as future head of the dueling club. When Tanya jogged over and asked about being ready for her last year with them and then complimented her shorts, Ronna smiled and then blushed slightly, "Um thanks, I got them at this thrift shop not too far from Leicester Square... Anyways, on a more serious note I don't know how ready I am or not. I have to worry about NEWTs and what not, of course, and working on finding a place to move out to and then job applications after that... Toby keeps talking about him mum wanting to meet me..." She rolled her eyes and added with a small laugh, "I sort of miss being only a first year-even if I was awkward as Hell."

She shook her head, "But speaking of my last year here with the dueling club, I wanted to ask you something..." She trailed off for a moment and then seeing no one else had come yet she said, "I need someone to take over the dueling club next year and I was thinking you'd be a decent enough fit. And, I can trust you if something comes up to consult the right people for guidance and be fair, but in the end you'd be leading and it would be in your hands. Or at least, that's my preference."

Smiling Ronna asked, raising a brow at Tanya, "So what do you say?"

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Tanya made a soft "oo" sound as Ronna told her how she found the shorts and made a mental note to visit that square once she was back in London. Then the other girl started talking about NEWT's and the future and meeting Toby's mum and snorted in amusement as she admitted missing being a first year. "I understand that feeling all too well. Plus I think the absolute best thing about me and Echo being friends first before we started dating is that I've already met his mom more times than I could count." she said with a slight shrug and laugh. She had never been more grateful for Mrs. Lovette to not make her sit through a family meeting or something when she started dating Echo. If anything all the artist had done was hug her and squeal about how she'd seen it back when they were eleven. Ew. They had been eleven. The only thing she had been thinking about her best friend was if she'd ever be taller than her. She came back to the present to hear Ronna saying she needed to ask her something and blinked slowly when it turned out that she was asking her to take over for next year. Her? Seriously?! She let out another short laugh (it was more of a unbidden "HA") when she told her she'd be decent enough and shook her head a few times to make sure she was actually awake and not still daydreaming in the shower. "I would say yes if you were absolutely sure and I was absolutely certain you had had your two cups of coffee today." Tanya answered with with a nervous grin.

mc2

Quote:

I said ooh, ooh
I’m scared

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:31 pm
                  User ImageUser Image

User Image

Red and black >

"I didn't make Toby formally meet Carl," Ronna said, rolling her eyes, before muttering, "Granted, it may have been less awkward for Toby if he had formally met Carl before they did run into each other... I figure the longer I put off meeting Toby's mum the better." Ronna added with a smile as she waited for Tanya's reaction to her offer.

When Tanya answered, Ronna raised a brow and shook her head, "You do know, I can function without coffee and typically I drink far more than the 12 ounces, which is technically two cups, of coffee each day. I think it borders more of half a pot or so. And, Tanya, you know me, I am too stubborn to waiver on a decision. Once I make a decision I stick to it."

"So, is that a yes, Tanya? Because, seriously, I've thought it through, and really you are the best person for the job," Ronna said with a smile before adding seriously, but still smiling. "Just, keep an eye on my little brother, okay? I know he's a handful, but Theo just needs direction, okay? I mean, I'm his adopted older sister, it's my job to worry about him all the time, right?"

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Tanya shook her head in amusement to Ronna finding it honestly hilarious that the girl who many in her house thought could do or say no wrong was afraid of meeting her boyfriend's mother. Then again, if Mrs. Walsh was anything like her kids maybe she had a reason to be afraid. Ohgod. What if she was crazy like Jess but had Toby's temperment?! That was just, no! She gave a shudder and forced herself to stop thinking about it and pay more attention to the fact that she was just asked to take over Dueling Club. She was also pretty sure that Ronna wasn't attempting to be funny but having her rationalize her coffee used proved too much for her and she began chuckling while nodding in agreement that she truly lived up to their house with how stubborn she could truly be. At the mention of Theo she barely resisted groaning out loud but since she knew how the other felt about the idiot she kept it in if only to not insult her choice in family. "I do know you Ronna, I know you well enough to know that you've looked at every angle and possibility. And if you say I'm the best, then I'm the best, in the most non-narcissistic braggy way. So yeah, I'll look over the club and your 'brother' for you." 'Not bothering with the fact that he needs his head kicked in one good time. she thought to herself but beaming outwardly as she accepted her position. "Do you have any other adopted siblings I should be on the lookout for?" Tanya asked joking but not really.

mc2

Quote:

I said ooh, ooh
I’m scared

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 pm
User Image

Looking good in:Rocker / Location: Dueling Club / Single / thinking: Interesting/ Future Owner to the La Russa Business

Valentina decided this year was going to be the year where she was going to join a club it was either going to be the Dueling Club or the Music Club. She decided it would be better to join the Dueling club as she would know it would probably be better for her to join that because as she takes over the trust she may need some dueling experience to help with the more uncooperative clients that the family has to deal with. She may even make a friend or two. Valentina walked towards the students she saw who it was Veronica and that 6th prefect that she couldn't remember her name. "Hello, Ms Kiss and I think it's Tanya isn't it?" Valentina said in a polite manner. "I could like to join Dueling Club a I think it will help me with the tougher clients that likes dueling to settle business deals once I take over my family business." She said with a innocent smile. "I have learned my lesson over the summer about listening to higher authority" She said thinking of Alessandra back home bossing her around all summer long. Valentina decided not this year isn't a year for making trouble she was going to knuckle down and study her butt off to get good passing grades.

OOC: Open for interaction

mc2

Yukina101

i

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:59 pm
User Image
                                                      So much to do, so much to see
                                                      So what's wrong with taking the back streets
                                                      You'll never know if you don't go
                                                      You'll never shine if you don't glow

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

$ł⑂тн℮ґїη ℙяℯḟℯ¢т || ϟℯ√ℯᾔт♄ ¥εαґ || Ṕґøʊⅾ ♏ʊḓ♭ℓø☺ⅾ

════════════════════════

Jer stepped into the courtyard, already looking around and waved as he spotted Ronna. He knew what he had to do for his NEWTs, which was get better at duelling. His wandless scores he knew had to be perfect right now, but he hadno real experience with anything under that situation. Which was why he was here to begin with. "Wotcha pearl, this is where th' bleedin' duellin' rub is takin' drum, wite? I figured i' migh' no' be a sorry idea ter join in an' practice, considerin' I ain' 'eaven and 'ell done much of tha' before in me porridge."

It was then that he noticed the redhead standing with Ronna. Frowning, he heard what was said and his eyebrows climbed up his forehead to his hairline. He'd never heard of anyone needing to duel for any business deals, and considering that he was certain that his far would contest that deals like that were made under duress, they would have no legal precedence in any court. He let out a low whistle as he frankly appraised her. "Oh, and 'oo 're ya? Can' be tha' much younger than me brovwer. Wot gaff 're ya in, and why exactly 're ya plannin' on duellin' anyone ter ge' business deals? There's a hoppin' more effective ways than tryin' ter 'urt them ter ge' wot ya wan', after aw. Unless you're loike wahn o' those mob oceans. Which, if ya 're, then ya 'eaven and 'ell need ter reevaluate 'a tha' organization is ran."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thoughts: Wot??
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Hey now, you're an All Star, get your game on, go play
                                                      Hey now, you're a Rock Star, get the show on, get paid
                                                      And all that glitters is gold
                                                      Only shooting stars break the mold

mc2

mrs-lestrange

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 pm
                  User ImageUser Image

User Image

Red and black > No decking underclassmen... no decking underclassman... no decking underclassman>

Ronna smiled as Tanya agreed to the position, siting Ronna's habit of looking at every possibility as why Tanya would trust Ronna's judgement. When, Tanya asked about other adopted siblings, Ronna shrugged and said, "Besides, Dani, not really. I try to keep my list short."

Her attention turned to the newest person to arrive, Valentina La Russa, and Ronna tried to keep an open mind as she started with greeting them both, giving a slight nod when Valentina verified Tanya's name. However, Ronna's tolerance and good nature evaporated immediately as Valentina went on to say that she thought it would help her 'with tougher clients that like to settle business deals' via dueling. Her arms crossed and her fists clenched as Ronna narrowed her eyes as she tried to resist the urge to blow up on the girl.

Her hands were practically shaking with the itch to slap or probably more likely deck the girl when Jer strolled in and asked about the dueling club in his full Cockney accent. Ronna listened and said a hint of irritation in her voice regarding Valentina still as she said, "Yes Jer, this is the dueling club. Feel free to join."

However, soon Jer addressed Valentina and Ronna couldn't help but breath a slight sigh of relief, managing to calm in the time and as Jer pointed out the various obvious illegalities and problems with what Valentina suggested. Ronna said after Jer, her voice dry, "Never mind the idea of someone actually being dumb enough to hand over any business to you-illegal in its activities or not-is actually quite terrifying to me." Sighing, Ronna uncrossed her arms and said, "I'd say I'm sorry about this... but quite frankly I'm not a single bloody iota sorry about this. I'm not letting you join this club, practice in this club, or watch this club's activities. Go back to your dorm this instance and if you so much as ever try to step foot near these club activities while I am in charge I will hex you myself and do the entire school a favor. Do you seriously think I, of all people, would condone such bullshit amoral reasons for taking up dueling? What you are suggesting is illegal in so many ways..."

Ronna paused and narrowing her eyes pointed a finger towards the way she entered into the courtyard, "Get out Miss La Russa. I really don't have the patience to deal with you and your idiocy and your..." She narrowed her eyes at Valentina waiting for her to leave, and really hoping the girl didn't protest or say anything else-and if she did, Tanya or Jer would stop Ronna before she actually did punch or hex the girl.

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

mrs-lestrange

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:16 am
User Image

Looking good in:Rocker / Location: Dueling Club / Single / thinking: Interesting/ Future Owner to the La Russa Business

"Well I take over my family business at your age seventeen. We have clients that likes to duel once business has been settled. I thought I will actually learn how to duel. I have been here for four years and yet its taken me this long to learn. I rather not embarrass myself in front of clients. Clients in Berlin loves a great duel as my grandfather told me when he was teaching the family business to me" She explained to the older student. As Valentina was trying to be nice the next minute Veronica started mouthing off at her. "Here is me trying to be nice to you and then you start having ago at me just because of what happened last year." Valentina said to the seventh year. "They stuff my family do isn't illegal its all done by the books. I rather not be names by anyone else." Valentina told her. "I will leave and rather not be hexed by yourself or anyone. I am not in the mood for crap anymore. It's a bummer I have to put up with you in Gryffindor until the end of the year if I even last that long in this school." Valentina said as she took off away from the others. "Search it La Russa Enterprises . You'll see what I mean!" She yelled at her. Valentina knew this was going to be a long year and she knew she had something for the remedy for that waiting for her in the dormitories. Valentina walked away from what could of been a great experience for her but turns out that someone has a grunge against her. Valentina did was just laugh her head off.

Exits from Dueling Club

OOC: Open for interaction

Diamond Wales

mc2

i

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Fourth Year~Pure Blood

There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard

Wearing

Iris tucked herself against the wall as a redhead stormed out of the dueling club area, shouting over her shoulder about what was presumably some company. When the doorway was clear, Iris slipped into the club's meeting place.

She started to fade into the background, but caught herself. Tucking her hair behind her ear to fully expose her tattoo, she lifted her chin, glanced around and smiled briefly at Jer. "I hear you're accepting new members?" Iris asked, stepping further into the courtyard. Her eyes flicked between the two older girls, neither of whom she knew more than in passing from Quidditch.

There's a fire in your eyes*
And I hope you'll let it burn*
Until you're heard*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Sixth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo walked into something ridiculous as he found himself right in the middle of a huge argument that happened just before he had got there. And the La Russa girl seemed to be yelling at Ronna for whatever reason and Ronna was pointing right where pretty much Theo was standing. Looking around, he tried to figure out what was happening, but before that could happen, Valentina had stormed past him and out.

Still slightly confused about everything, he just figured he'd go back to flipping his galleon up and down...yes, the same galleon as he did during the feast and the train ride. For whatever reason, he started viewing the thing as his lucky coin, and not really for any particular reason, but really just because he had it with him when he decided to find something lucky.

Still flipping the coin, he walked up to the group of already assembled students, a curious look on his face. "Well that was certainly a...weird scene to walk into," he said to no one in particular, twiddling the galleon in and out of his fingers.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Before Ronna could speak again, another girl piped up asking to join the club. Tanya was about to say sure until she saw who it was and quickly retracted her tongue back in her mouth. Alcokiddy wanted to join dueling club?! Not a chance in hell. And her reasons were preposterous! Who settled business deals with fighting? The only business person she was was Gearvin and he sure didn't look the sort to pull out his wand and start cursing the opposition if they send in their manuscripts on time. There were some days where it looked like he wanted to, but he didn't. To her knowledge at least. She scoffed as the girl said she had "learned her lesson" during the summer and called grade A bullshit. And she was about to say as much when Jer arrived and basically took the words straight from her own mouth and even adding a few thoughts she hadn't thought of. What if her family did run some sort of mob business? Well, if they were going to put her in charge of it, it wouldn't be a very lucrative one. She looked over at Ronna who was the only one who could allow someone entrance to the club and was very impressed by how she handled it. Mainly she just respected the fact that she didn't punch the girl right in the face for lying through her teeth. She rolled her eyes as the girl immediately began to yell back and was a little perturbed when she later started laughing. Poor thing, the drink had already addled her mind. Tanya was just about to set her things down when another girl, this one younger than La Russa, came by and asked if they were accepted members. "We're always accepting new members. Ronna here can talk you through the forms and the rules of the club." she told the girl with a grin leaving her in the good hands of the club leader. She knew eventually she would have to be the one to answer the questions, do the forms, etc, but until that day came Ronna was in charge and she was happy about it. As she was putting down her backpack and pulling out a rubber band for her hair, she spotted Theo come over flipping the same fracken coin from the Welcome Feast over a week ago and was suddenly reminded of the promise she had just made to look after the idjit. Gah, she was doomed wasn't she?

mc2

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

I said ooh, ooh
I’m scared

Dueling in PinkWhere: Dueling ClubWith: RonnaThinking: I sooo needed thisOOC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:08 pm
User Image
                                                      So much to do, so much to see
                                                      So what's wrong with taking the back streets
                                                      You'll never know if you don't go
                                                      You'll never shine if you don't glow

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

$ł⑂тн℮ґїη ℙяℯḟℯ¢т || ϟℯ√ℯᾔт♄ ¥εαґ || Ṕґøʊⅾ ♏ʊḓ♭ℓø☺ⅾ

════════════════════════

Jer blinked as he looked from one student to another, trying to make sense of what just happened. Ronna had been rather terse in her response to him, and then just gone off on the girl like she was something loathsome. Frowning, he watched Iris come in as the other girl left, shouting something about La Russa Enterprises. He'd never heard of such a place, but then again, he was from the streets. He doubted that he heard of a lot of places. "Wot th' bloody gypsy just 'appened? Did tha' twis' just...? Someone wanna explain ter me why sum girl jus' stormed aahhht of 'ere loike we were aw evil or summit?"

Jer pinched the bridge of his nose, then noticed the teen standing in the doorway. He shrugged at him, not exactly knowing what happened other than he asked her a question. "Aw I did was ask th' girl a question. I daan' even kna wagwan, though if pearl 'as a reason ter kick 'er aahhht, then she really brahms Ronna off."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thoughts: Wot??
                                                      Taken By: Gypsy Lovette
                                                      OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Hey now, you're an All Star, get your game on, go play
                                                      Hey now, you're a Rock Star, get the show on, get paid
                                                      And all that glitters is gold
                                                      Only shooting stars break the mold

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:59 pm
User Image

Ari walked into the club slightly confused. As she was on her way into the room she had been practically run over by one of the older students in her house. The girl had looked pissed. Now as Ari finally entered the club there was an obvious tension in the room. She glanced around seeing a few familiar faces from last year and one new face that she didn't recognise at all. The red head cleared her throat, "What did I miss?" She asked nervously to anyone who would answer.

OOC: open for interaction  
Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games