Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply The D-Party
Flash Space Committee Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:01 pm
I'll be there! Unless I'm out shopping, but probably not that late. I'm 87% sure I'll be there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:41 pm
systemfailure99
Sindeyella
systemfailure99

I'm not available this weekend, but I'm free for the rest of summer (I think?)
      Donations go to the D-Party mule, right?
      I think you can save chat logs on conversations in the chat system (click the menu), and then have someone post it somewhere?

Okay! Just keep us updated whenever you can.
Yes, send your donations there.
Ohh, I'll have to try that when I work on it.
Thanks for letting me know!

From what I know when my friend and I played around with it:
        Rooms of the same name share chat logs with older versions of the room with the same name that were public (basically if a room with that name was public in the past, you'll see their chat log)
        Private rooms can be done by password or friends only
        emoticons don't work that well
        links can't (or are hard to) copy from the chat
        LAGGY, slow (somewhat, takes a second or two to show message sometimes)
        the lock button refers to scroll, so if it is light blue it means that it won't auto-scroll to the bottom
        !!rooms do NOT stay if you close the chat tab, so you will need to re-enter (and thus lose the private chat log) actually true for all rooms, including public
        If your friend is offline(appearing) but you are chatting in the same room as them, then they'll appear on the friends chat option
        >>if you have anything else to add/want me to try and test it for some specific thing
        and to save chat logs there is a menu that you can save it from (saved as text document, but didn't seem to work when I went in a random public room aka need more testing)

Sindeyella

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Zana Bonanza
I'll be there! Unless I'm out shopping, but probably not that late. I'm 87% sure I'll be there.
Okay, just keep me updated here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:59 am
Anything I can do to help out here?  

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 pm
Silenced Nocturne
For some reason I did not see this! Hi, hello, I think I've seen you around before. I'm Sys the founder of this little area.

Right now, we are trying to figure out what else we want included in the NPCon rave but we haven't made much progress. So far we have only gotten down that we would like to introduce categories such as Best Dressed Avatar or Funniest Avatar. Also the location is at Hassli's House. This event will be a separate one from our D-Party panel.

So do you make graphics and such? If you do, I might need your help.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:21 pm
Zana Bonanza
The funny thing is that I realized that I am still in Asia time...even a week after my trip *sigh*  

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 pm
systemfailure99
Zana Bonanza
The funny thing is that I realized that I am still in Asia time...even a week after my trip *sigh*

Ha, it's fine! I'm used to being up this late myself, though I really shouldn't be. sweatdrop I'll probably be on for a little longer.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:16 am
systemfailure99
Silenced Nocturne
For some reason I did not see this! Hi, hello, I think I've seen you around before. I'm Sys the founder of this little area.

Right now, we are trying to figure out what else we want included in the NPCon rave but we haven't made much progress. So far we have only gotten down that we would like to introduce categories such as Best Dressed Avatar or Funniest Avatar. Also the location is at Hassli's House. This event will be a separate one from our D-Party panel.

I do, but they're pretty basic. Right now I'm working with a little touch pad and MS paint, I can't find me CDrom to install my tablet's driver, and Photoshop, on my computer.

But I will try my hardest to whatever to send my way!

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:31 pm
Zana Bonanza
I'm such a goof...I went to bed right after I quoted you gonk

I think I might just do a simple questionnaire instead of trying to host a live chat where I can discuss with the team on what should be at the rave...would that be easier you think? Maybe 4-5 questions or less.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:35 pm
Silenced Nocturne
systemfailure99
Silenced Nocturne

I do, but they're pretty basic. Right now I'm working with a little touch pad and MS paint, I can't find me CDrom to install my tablet's driver, and Photoshop, on my computer.

That's okay, I might be able to come up with something since I am an artist also...another area I need help with is planning what exactly will be at the rave. So far we only have these set up:

- Best Raver Prize for male human avatar, female human avatar and best paw avatar

I think it might be ideal to host more prize categories but idk what...and then the time in which this rave will start is something else I need to narrow down.  

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 pm
systemfailure99
Silenced Nocturne
systemfailure99
Silenced Nocturne

That's okay, I might be able to come up with something since I am an artist also...another area I need help with is planning what exactly will be at the rave. So far we only have these set up:

- Best Raver Prize for male human avatar, female human avatar and best paw avatar

I think it might be ideal to host more prize categories but idk what...and then the time in which this rave will start is something else I need to narrow down.

User Image

Timing is particularly critical, as I'm certain we have members from around the world.

How long do you think we can hold the rave?

You know I want the D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:51 pm
Silenced Nocturne
User Image

Timing is particularly critical, as I'm certain we have members from around the world.

You know I want the D

The longest I've ever held a flash space meet up was about 3 hours. Crazy right? That was on Diedrich's birthday actually, our most successful event.

I would like to host it on different days and different time zones just to accommodate everyone...The problem is I'm not sure how I'm going to do it.
Maybe what I need is volunteers who are willing to host during different days at different times. I'll need to find different prizes to hand out during those days too. Geez, chatting with you is getting my creative juices flowing.  

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm
systemfailure99
Silenced Nocturne
User Image

You know I want the D

The longest I've ever held a flash space meet up was about 3 hours. Crazy right? That was on Diedrich's birthday actually, our most successful event.

I would like to host it on different days and different time zones just to accommodate everyone...The problem is I'm not sure how I'm going to do it.
Maybe what I need is volunteers who are willing to host during different days at different times. I'll need to find different prizes to hand out during those days too. Geez, chatting with you is getting my creative juices flowing.

User Image

Ooh, it could be like a festival! I think rotating out hosts would be a good idea, think we could gather enough people to go for 24 hours straight? Non-stop partying?

We could put a bit of a political spin on it, and organize debates on varying topics, that'd certainly be something fun (so long as it didn't get too serious), have a rock-paper-scissors tourney, a deidrich inspired fashion show maybe ? Like beyond a costume contest, have people physically walk their avi's down a specified area and do a spin, kneel in both directions, and then say something funny?

One sentence stories? Have a big group in a circle, and then each person does one sentence until the story becomes ludicrous enough to write down?

If this was a legit rave, we could do music and stuff, but that kinda isn't an option...

You know I want the D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:31 am
Silenced Nocturne
systemfailure99

User Image

Ooh, it could be like a festival! I think rotating out hosts would be a good idea, think we could gather enough people to go for 24 hours straight? Non-stop partying?

We could put a bit of a political spin on it, and organize debates on varying topics, that'd certainly be something fun (so long as it didn't get too serious), have a rock-paper-scissors tourney, a deidrich inspired fashion show maybe ? Like beyond a costume contest, have people physically walk their avi's down a specified area and do a spin, kneel in both directions, and then say something funny?

One sentence stories? Have a big group in a circle, and then each person does one sentence until the story becomes ludicrous enough to write down?

If this was a legit rave, we could do music and stuff, but that kinda isn't an option...

You know I want the D

I like these ideas!

Looks like we will need:
1. Volunteers who want to host different shifts
2. Photographers who will do screenshots

Judges...everyone who attends will be a judge. We can have a separate thread where people can put down songs that they like and we can create a playlist that has everyone's fav music on there.

On Diedrich's birthday we had a dance battle 2x which we can do again.
The runway fashion show was a good one too. We can definitely spice things up by having people who want to enter say something funny. The story idea is also pretty clever. We can start of with asking the party people, "What would Diedrich do at a rave?" Rock-Paper-Scissors was something we also did in a smaller D-Party flash event...yes, we should do all these things!

About the political debate though...we should probably save that for Diedrich's 2016 Campaign Trail. The idea I had for that is that we will stop by at different flash space locations where we discuss issues that Diedrich supported in the past and new issues that he faces. We can also discuss RL political issues too. However, it doesn't hurt to cover political topics because we are the D and we are the only political party on Gaia.

systemfailure99

Crew

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:34 am
systemfailure99
Silenced Nocturne
systemfailure99

User Image

You know I want the D

I like these ideas!

Looks like we will need:
1. Volunteers who want to host different shifts
2. Photographers who will do screenshots

Judges...everyone who attends will be a judge. We can have a separate thread where people can put down songs that they like and we can create a playlist that has everyone's fav music on there.

On Diedrich's birthday we had a dance battle 2x which we can do again.
The runway fashion show was a good one too. We can definitely spice things up by having people who want to enter say something funny. The story idea is also pretty clever. We can start of with asking the party people, "What would Diedrich do at a rave?" Rock-Paper-Scissors was something we also did in a smaller D-Party flash event...yes, we should do all these things!

About the political debate though...we should probably save that for Diedrich's 2016 Campaign Trail. The idea I had for that is that we will stop by at different flash space locations where we discuss issues that Diedrich supported in the past and new issues that he faces. We can also discuss RL political issues too. However, it doesn't hurt to cover political topics because we are the D and we are the only political party on Gaia.

User Image

This could certainly be a blast~ I'm happy that you liked my ideas!

But we will need quite a few people if we're going to go at it for 24 hours... I should be able to host anytime from 10:30AM EST until about 4PM EST of the same day. I'm on summer break, so I currently have no life.

A dance battle sounds like so much fun~

But let's take a look at what we'd like to do in list format to make it seem more concrete. Because everything is more official if it's a list!

1)Have a Dance battle

2)Rock-Paper-Scissors tourney

3)One-sentence-story (ies? Mabey switch up the topic every so often, like "What would Carl do at a rave?" we gotta give some love to our VP too)

4)Fashion show

5)Have a thread to make a playlist of all our fave songs

And what we need (as far as I can tell):

1)Manpower in general

2)Lots of hosts

3)Photographers to take screenshots

4)Someone to run that playlist thread

You know I want the D

The D-Party

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games