Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XeeReiji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:40 pm
Hey the name is XeeReiji. I joined this group because I believe in pro-choice. Because not everyone is ready to have kids. While personally I think that the best kind of birthcontrol is abstinece. Most people don't want to take that path. So when pills and latex don't work. This gives the indavidual the choice to not be burdened with a symbote as well as the possibility of socially degreading labels and life ruining felonies. Plus I think the world is over populated and that humanity is going down hill and should cease to exist but we can't do that if we keep reproducing  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:20 pm
Hello, My names Maveus or Doug whatever you wish to call me, I am Pro-Choice because.. well simply.. Abortion should be a womans right, not a politions decision. I find it funny the conservatitives that are against abortion, are for the death penalty, are for invading a country with no real justified cause.. rather hypocritical, I one day wish they make abortion an amendment.. what we need is a liberal president, someone who stands for human values, not discrimination.
I used to be a conservatitive christian untill I explored my own beliefs and how abortion really.. is not murder after all.. if you wish to talk to me, PMS are always welcome.. smile And rape is also another reason why im pro choice... and if we continue with abortion made illegal.. women will DIE do to backyard abortions.. ones with doctors who probably may actually be a drug dealer off the street just to make alot of money...  

Maveus

MissLadyBug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:26 am
I totally agree with you Maveus! I study law in The Netherlands. It's one of the most liberal countries I've heard of on the abortion topic. I think that shaped my thoughts aswell. I know the legal aspects of it in The Netherlands and although they are very liberal, restrictions are made. The same for euthanasia. I think restrictions are necessary to control it and not let it get out of hand.
Anyway... Let me introduce myself. I'm an 18-year old law student from The Netherlands. Although I haven't chosen my specialty, I'd like to go into criminal law. Abortion is a frequently discussed topic in my country, not because it's there, but because many people from other countries come here to have it done. I think it's a choice every woman is entitled to make, and since I'm a woman, I joined this guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:54 am
Hello. I suppose I ought to introduce myself. I'm Lesidia. I enjoy reading, writing, acting, poetry, debating, and psycology.

I'm pro choice because

firstly, I'm athiest, so the idea of god isn't interfering.

second, it's just a lump of tissue. No feelings. No nothing. It also feeds off the mother, like a parasite. If all of the people in the world were women, I doubt this arguement would even exist.  

Rev Shrubbery

Unknown Lifeform Brett

High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Hi,I'm Yami Mirai. I've been on Gaia for almost a year now,and I decided to join this guild recently.

I admit,I used to be pro-life,but that was before I really knew much about all the aspects of abortion vs giving birth. All I considered was the fetus,nothing else.

However,after coming here and reading many arguements for the pro-choice side,and actually thinking critically about it,I quickly changed my mind and became pro-choice myself.

Damn,you guys are persuasive! ^_^

But seriously,I agree with this. A woman's body is her own,and nobody has the right to interfere with what goes on in it. If she wants an abortion,it is her right to get one.

And,after doing some serious thinking on the matter,I decided that I never want to have kids of my own,so I want abortion to remain a safe and legal option for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:34 pm
Name: Epic
Nickname: aka-Ryo

a woman should portect her self...no matter if it's from carrying peper spray to have an abortion....her body....her right...  

aka-Ryo

I s r a l y n

Devoted Wife

21,700 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:58 pm
i never had the chance to post here when i joind a few days ago...i was grounded stare

im surf ^-^

i believe that every one has the right to there own opion and that the pro-life people have that right as well, i just dont believe that they have the right to take it as far as they have. i believe that in the end its the womens choice & her spouses if they are ready for a child, and that if a women does not wish for the burdon of a child then i believe that she should have the right and that its Only her choice in the end to abort it! though i to believe that its best to save ones self for marrage but thats my beliefs i dont wish to force it on any one and i cant stand people that Do try to force what they believe upon others, its rong and thats that!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:40 am
Me: I'm a crazy demonic conqueror queen named Queen Meiloyn Honyst Reigna Emopia. Often I roleplay the InuYasha characters, so you might have to get used to it.  

Workplace Boredom

Delinquent Cry-Baby

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:02 am
I'm Heatherface, just joined today. I'm pro-choice for personal reasons, 2 years ago I had an abortion, and was extraordinarily glad I had the ability to. I also simply think people (guys and girls alike) should have a choice with their bodies, and a choice in their future in terms of children.

I don't mind pro-life people, we all have our opinions on the matter. Though people who tell dead baby jokes almost always end up on my shitlist for that.

I've never shared that fact on Gaia before, about the abortion, though many of my friends know because I've told them at some point. I'm saying it here in case anyone would like to personally ask me questions about it, I've always thought of it more as a learning experience than a horrible thing from my past I should hide from public knowledge. The memory still stings, but I don't mind talking about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:54 pm
Hello. My name is Jeanette, but you can call me Jan. biggrin

I joined today. I was surfing the guild list, looking for something that I actually cared about. Lo and behold, here I am.

I decided to join because of what I know, and more importantly, who I know. I became aware of this issue when I was twelve. A good family friend got pregnant at eighteen, and got an abortion against her father's wishes. It was hard, and my friend and I were really the only people that talked to her during that time.

I guess it became important to me that I defend people like her. She was good person, she just wasn't ready to be a parent. And that affected me I guess.

My dream is to become either a linguist or a lobbyist. 3nodding

Nice to meet you all! heart heart heart  

Jeanette Aiden

Naiya San

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:18 am
Hello, I'm Naiya San, If you feel like knowing my real name its Kendra.

I've seen this guild around a few times and I've always agreed with the terms so I decided to join!

I've never had an abortion, or know of anyone who has, but I still am very interested on the best intrest of the child. So I believe if the mother cannot raise the child well and be able to take care of it, put it up for adoption OR abortion.

It really is a persons choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:47 pm
Hey, folks.
My name's Evan, I'm in North Carolina, I've been on Gaia for about a month.

Just joined the guild, figured I'd post here.  

Mankov

Ubiquitous AyaSama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:52 pm
I am Emalyn, to my bestest friend and online I am Aya...
I am sixteen and live in Western New York.
I started being interested in the abortion issue when I was younger and an abortion doctor was killed in his home, which happened to be located in the area I live in.
Obviously, I believe that abortion is the woman's choice.
I do know someone who had an abortion, I actually found out about it when I asked my mom her stance on abortion because of this guild...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:08 pm
Hi, i'm Charlotte, and i'm from Seattle. I personally would never have an abortion, but I think its most definently a womans right to choose.
You guys sound like interesting people. heart  

[Girlfriend In A Coma]

Chelle the Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:23 am
Heya all. I'm Chelle. I'm pro-choice for a couple reasons myself. First, the more personal one being that if I were to become pregnant right now it would be almost guarenteed to be fatal. Second, I'm from the US, a country that boasts that we're built on freedom and choice. We can choose who we vote for, whether or not to drink or smoke. We can choose our religious beliefs. I don't like the thought of someone telling me I don't have the freedom to make a medical decission, which to me is all abortion is.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games