Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-XxPhantom_Dreamer-xX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 pm
ppl ask if i worship the devil i say"hell i am the devil dude!"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:38 pm
User Image
1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
Satin? Um, I think you mean Satan hun. I don't really mind everyone thinking I worship Satan, it's their ignorance, not mine, it make me laugh to tell you the truth.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
I don't wear Tripp clothing, I think it's over priced and over rated.
3. The price of Gothic things in general.
You can find the best Gothic clothing in theft stores.
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
I have that problem too, just use Tide dark.
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation ...
Um ... never had that problem, I don't wear arm bands, it's not necessarily a goth thing.
6. The damn stereotypes
You learn to just live with them and move on, let people be ignorant.
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
If they can't accept you then you just should leave as fast as possible.
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN.
O.O .. again, I do not wear Tripp pants, they're not even really a Gothic thing.
9. People stepping on your pants
Look above.
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.
Not all goths are depressed, that's the biggest stereotype I've ever heard.

MissHorrorstar

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:42 pm
Sayga Takaino
3.) When people go "ewww get it the ******** away from me, you goth thing!"
That's odd. I usually get "Oooh, get it to ******** me, you goth thing". But I think that's more to do with the person saying it than who they're saying it to.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:32 pm
Well, just how people freak out.... it is a nice way to tell the liberal from the conservative churches, however XD the "liberals" freak out and stare, and the conservatives greet you warmly and are nice, and don't stare as much. Kinda funny.... Here's another one: everyone thinking your always sad.... and people stareing and being so nervous around you in public. Once I thought about saying, "Hey, I'm not wearing a trench coat, am I?"  

Angel of the End

babykitty18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:33 pm
I think the most annoying thing for me is being a woman of color and being goth with the ignorant ppl i used to live with and be around. No one ever seemed to believe me. I'm in college now so now on says anythign anymore but, I still dress how i want. I do the chains, heavy make up, dark lip stick, corsets the whole 6 feet down...and they call me a poser. I mean I don't do it all the time I mean s**t...its alot of work doing it everyday. Especailly when ur class is a kitchen and u can't wear make-up or nail polish...uber-grody -_-. But ya deal with the stupidest most annoying questions known to man...ya'll kno at i'm talkin bout...I really can't stand it. So i walk around glaring at ppl who stare...but I absolutely adore the attention smile One day I want to walk around with a sign saying "Yes I'm black, Yes I'm goth...U know I'm hot uber s**t wink "
(U can find my pics in the picture posts...post lol)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:00 pm
1.My TRIPP pants ripping all the goddamn time

2.The way people always asking if im emo... evil ...i vant to kill them ninja (die emos DIE!!!!)

3.I DONT WORSHIP THE DAMN DEVIL

4.Im very proud to be German and that with the fact im Goth makes every one think im a Nazi.

5.How hard it is to find the music i like(massive attack and tomahawk are the hardest for me)

6.EMO KIDS(support the emo holocaust(its a joke about me NOT being a Nazi))

7.Every time i get angry or upset people report me to someone as a shooter threat (they think i would waist my time shooting them)

8.Twilight...enough said(they are not vampires they are fairies with blood fetishes)

9.People always ask me if i do drugs stare i dont...

10.Society can bite me, my long hair, black cloths, long jingly chains, and all around freakyness in the a**(70% of all families in America are dysfunctional in some way witch means abnormal is normal now)  

Happy Cha0s

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Taste like Diiick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:11 pm
When i'm walking, I strut my stuff, I am so strung out.

Everything you just mentioned, everyone does to me, its so irratating. i hate it.

I'm high as a kite, and I just might, stop to check you out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:39 am
MortSanglant
I'm going to post my response to the original list and give reasons as to why these dont' apply to me.

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
Well they might think I worship Satan; dunno about satin. Though satin sheets would be nice. xd

2. The price of Tripp clothing...
I find Tripp clothing be cheap, as in it's priced too high for poor quality. If I decide to buy it, I find it at second hand places or whatnot.

3. The price of gothic things in general
You don't have to buy from gothic labels to get good "gothic" clothing. Most of the stuff I wear isn't from any label at all. You just need to know how to shop.

4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
don't have a problem here since I know how to do laundry.

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
I don't wear armbands, and they aren't necessarily a "goth" thing. rolleyes

6. The damn stereotypes
I'm sick of people bitching over stereotypes. If you have a problem with people labeling you - which is inevitable - either grow some balls and get over it, or change.

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
Nope my parents like my style ^_^

8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
I don't wear chains. Again, not necessarily a goth thing.

9. People stepping on your pants
don't have that problem either. People don't really come in close proximity to me.

10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

not a problem either. I'm not a sad person.

First Off , I LOVE YOU, you did what I was thinking about doing, and my comment to the whole stereotype thing...BE YOURSELF...The thing that bothers me with being GOTH...are the cookie cutter people, everyone fitting the stereotypes that people give us...

What is Goth, or Gothic? It use to consist of colors other than BLACK, showing off who you are, being creative, being victorian...but now ALL it is is BLACk, because everyone now who wants to be "goth" wants to fit in to the stereotypical stereotype that EVERYONE DRESSES THE SAME, buys name brand (yes Tripp is name brand and so is hot topic) just like the "posers" who buy from Ambrocrapy and fich.

Being Goth is not being a member of the cookie cutters who walk around and stick to the stereotypes because they want to look like everyone else. So, go out and buy what you want from where you want, accessories the way you want, and sand out for crying out loud. Sand out from the people who stand out, be yourself and thrive as yourself.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't buy such items, or that I don't wear black most of the time, but I, like MortSanglant, buy from other places, at reduced cost or second hand most of the time. I do love going to hottopic to get ideas on the jewelry that I usually try to make myself and sell, or to buy band shirts. But the key is to Be yourself...

If that is you...To Each their own, and I am sorry if I offended anyone, but the question was what bothers you about being Goth. Thank you for listening and happy writting  

Countess Serene Bathory

6,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 pm
Being used as a bodyguard by people who think you look scary enough to protect them from the freshman girls stalking them.

I swear, the guys I attract...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 pm
I wonder if a steady stream of requests to perform various "Matrix moves" counts as something to post here...

It just gets annoying after a while. -_-  

Henneth Annun
Captain

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:09 am
taking so long to get ready in the morning  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 pm
I hate how I can't wear sunglasses and a full length coat without being called Neo, I wish the Matrix never existed. mad  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:48 pm
-being told i cant like bunnys "there not dark enof" (p.s i just made a bunny coffin purse its soi cute.

-Corsets arnt free

- never finding the music you want

-trying to say pale in the summer  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Pain in the a** thing? Going to hot topic hoping they still have those Kick a** pair of Baggy Tripp pants With zippers red stichings and awesome chains all over the place only to be disappointed they are gone and your a** is too big for skinny jeans. Yeah having a love affair with fries really f'ing sucks crying
also you could say that it sucks when the teacher think that because your Goth, Punk, or anything else "Alternative" That your not "human" Seriously the other day a whole bunch of chavs and preps were throwing "Mystery Meat" at me and my friends and the flipping teachers just WATCHED. The only one nice to us wasn't there ._.  

nippIe goblin

Noob

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:25 pm
xX-PIKA-Xx
-being told i cant like bunnys "there not dark enof" (p.s i just made a bunny coffin purse its soi cute.

-Corsets arnt free

- never finding the music you want

-trying to stay pale in the summer

Agreed, I'm rather sick of smelling like sunscreen.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff