Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Thats YOUR idea.

too bad someone came up with an idea for a Rakata police force already.
StellarMagic created the Rapora as the Rakata's primary soldiers and police force.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:26 pm
Hmmmmmmm...

Well, what about as a. A more effective Police force or B. A rival Police force competing for the "contract" (Think Arms bidding) C. Shock Troops to support the Rapora or D. Some other use of the Rakata altogether...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:28 pm
Stellar already put the Rapora in the OGG.
Besides, humans are rather weak sentinents to the types of aliens that the Rakata could have bio-engineered with.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:39 pm
Well so are Sith, but they got the Massassi didn't they? And I'm aware he did, I'm talking about making them a support unit for the Rapora or Personal Bodyguards to the Rakata themselves, or Militant Spies, as they're being human allows them to instigate themselves amongst the workforce. However they were not completed before their Cataclysm. Or perhaps their use was never known outside the Rakata, so even the Echani don't know why they were created...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 pm
Wait, whats this about the Sith?
I'm not following you.

And I'm still not buying the whole Rakata-spawn idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:07 pm
The Sith experimented on Humans, and got the Massassi...

Ok, I'll come up with something more to your liking tomorrow...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:10 pm
Wait a tic.
The Massassi were a subrace of the Sith species.
They werent human!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:25 am
Ah, then I was wrong. Last time I checked it was always held that the Massassi were dark side experiments created by the Sith. I guess that's changed...

Ok. I came up with one. It involves the Rakata, but the Echani weren't experiments. They were a sect of workers that were taken to a planet well beyond the borders of the infinite empire, in hopes of beginning a second era of expansion. All the Echani were workers, and it took place on a world with a plant that released pollen (Or something along those lines) that enhanced emotion. There was also a closer or larger sun than in a standard system, which made for faster mutation. The age mutation was done via the force by the Rakata to increase slave usefulness, as the Rakata were still working out the kinks to the Hyperspace Route to this world. It would take too long to get there and back with a new cargo of slaves. Then their Cataclysm happened, and the slaves rose up and killed the Rakata masters. But that's not the end. The surviving Slaves were split along two lines, those who attempted to keep their minds, and those who gave in to their enhanced emotions. Between the sun and the pollen, eventually a mutation in the 1st factions neuro chemistry, causing Xi. The First faction defeated the second with this mutation over the course of about 300 years. During that period, the Echani (Again a derivative of a Rakata term) reverse engineered a Rakata Radiation Shield, but only had a small number of them and could only have them constantly spread over a small space of ground, like a town or small city, leading to the Sept structure and their perfectionism due to lack of natural resources...

That better?  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 am
So, explain to me why you want them traced back to the Rakata?
Is this an attempt to make them an older "Race" than the Mandos?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:33 am
Argh! The Echani are like Mandos, they're human but are a different ethnicity. They're more calculatorory in their nature and more logical, but they are not genetically different from the run of the mill human in any way.

And don't pull the Rakata into this, you don't want to steal from the background I've got for my two characters... nor do you want to make them into a group the Rapora would love to kick the a** of. We've already got a fanon race that traces its technology and origin back to the Rakata... and lets just say they are VERY alien.

Plus I'm about to bring in a traditional Echani as an NPC.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:36 am
But the Mandos arent human.
They used to be Taung, then they became primarily human, thogh theres more than enough nonhumans to balance it out.

But yeah, Ive yet to see a nonhuman Echani.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:40 am
Mandalorian is an ethncity not a race... It's a set of cultural values and norms not a set of appearances and the like. The Echani are not a race either, but they are a highly selective ethnic group which does tend to have a distinct appearance.  

stellarmagic

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:40 am
Then perhaps the Mandos should be reclassified. I'm not saying the Echani are non-human, but that they are near-human. They have the same physiology with a few differences, notably lifespans and their neurochemistry, but they are at the most basic level human...

Oh and you have seen a near human echani
Tal'dras.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 am
rolleyes
You've yet to give me a reason why I should accept the Echani as near humans.
On what Canon evidence to have to support this?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:44 am
You're not getting it... Echani are no more genetically different from normal humans then Corellians or Kuati. They live the same time, eat the same food, have the same neurology. Your near human is more likely to have been a alien-human cross, most every echani I've encountered has been full human.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games