Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:57 pm
I though gauss cannons used a different sort of propellant in some cases? Not necessarily magnetic, but eletric or other sort of energy source...

Oh well. Its all futuristic anyhow.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:59 pm
ah hah. I see.
Do you think they have guns in star wars that shoot bolts of lightning?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:01 pm
Cale Darksun
ah hah. I see.
Do you think they have guns in star wars that shoot bolts of lightning?

yup. they do. I think its called a boltcaster... or soemthing along those lines.. they ahve to charge up, but they attack with lit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:02 pm
I see. how about pistol sized rocket launchers and grenade launches?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:03 pm
Grenade launchers yes. Even radiation launchers. pocketsized? prolly not, or single shot only...

What about your collapsable missle tube?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:06 pm
Im well aware of that. Im suprised no one has bothered to use one in the RPs.
the idea I thought of was a single shot grenade or rocket launcher that basically looked like a high teck flare gun.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:09 pm
It'd have a hella large recoil if it did. then again, it might not, if we're talking dummy grenades. Rockets would hurt either way, since they are propelled. intrinsically.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:13 pm
there are rocket-launching pistols in star wars, but they either have small clips or have to be reloaded after each shot (can't remember)  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:13 pm
hmm. I see.
and Ive noticed how sometimes, people differentiate between a laser gun and a blaster gun.
anyone else ever notice that? or is it just me?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:17 pm
that's because there's a big difference, technically.

however, in star wars, it basically means the same thing (like laser cannon and turbolasers). they use outdated terms because they appear to work similarly to the layman. plus it's a chore to come up with new names for weapons when older ones are already so commonplace. maybe it's just me, but i think Objective Individual Combat Weapon won't catch on (for instance). people will just keep calling it a rifle.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:20 pm
ACtually, come to think of it, there are homing rockets that come in clips.

remember the vg Shadows of teh Empire? you could fire homing rockets, but they took time to refire, as well as the fact you had to wait till impact to refire as well (but that was mechanics).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:24 pm
The way I thought it, a laser rifle is different from a blaster rifle in that a laser rifle is not capable of semi automatic fire.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:27 pm
...eh, no. a laser rifle is different from a blaster rifle in that it's less efficient and not nearly as powerful, while requiring more energy, and less replenishable gas. internally, it's totally different.

if a blaster rifle isn't capable of semi-auto, it's because it was designed that way. perhaps the term has been passed down because previously, old fashioned laser rifles only operated on semi-automatic fire to conserve energy and keep from producing too much waste heat.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:33 am
I thought a Laser was concentrated, focused light. Blasters seem to be more like plasma weapons, where gas is superheated/energized, magnetically contained, and then accelerated.
As for the collapsable missle tube, I don't think anyone's gone up against armor, yet.
I think for a rocket laucher, you want an over the shoulder mount so you can have the rocket propellent fire against the air more than against the gun, which would give it worse recoil.  

HereticX

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:40 am
Nospai Deathous
gauss and railguns are practically synonimous; both use electromagnets to propell dense, inexpensive projectiles at rediculous speeds. 'gauss' is just a fancier, more sci-fi sounding name though, and incorporates some other stuff i'm not sure about (prolly just fictional).

That's how Gauss rifles work in the BattleTech books, and that's all I know about the subject. Oh, and Gauss was a German scientist who discovered the basic principles behind the thing.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games