Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

archangelry71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:24 am
i read stephen king when i feel like reading  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:48 am
I'm usually in the middle of 4 or 5 books at any given time. sweatdrop  

Sinister Kung Fu

pandoras_box13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:09 pm
I never stop reading
I mean come on... my life is boring

i need SOME kind of excitement  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:10 pm
Soda Ex Machina

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - a ridiculously long but also ridiculously good book involving an alternate history of England and the return of magic to it, brought about by a myriad of characters of varying degrees of oddness.

Abselotely awesome book! Best book I read last year.  

xStephanx

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 pm
xStephanx
Soda Ex Machina

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - a ridiculously long but also ridiculously good book involving an alternate history of England and the return of magic to it, brought about by a myriad of characters of varying degrees of oddness.

Abselotely awesome book! Best book I read last year.

Oddly enough, that's one of the ones I'm in the middle of right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
I'm usually in the middle of 4 or 5 books at any given time. sweatdrop

Same here gonk  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 pm
I just started a new series which is looking very promising. It's called the Runeblade Saga.
I admit it, I'm a sucker for paperback fanasty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:19 pm
I read alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

eternalclaire13

Lady Nasia Estelle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:18 pm
I'm just finishing a book called "House of Chains: A Tale of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. It's an amazing book, quite long, but amazing. It's written by Steven Erikson, whom in my opinion ranks right up there with Tolkien and Donaldson. I can promise you that if you like Tolkien you will like House of Chains.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 am
Read? I love reading. I devote my life to it... (well, mainly writing, but I still read a lot). I try going to the library as much as I can...

The Darren Shan Saga is something I EXTREMELY reconmend for anyone. My entire household family is reading the series (twelve books in all), and we all love it. Since most of us are fans of vampires, this would be one of the best vamp series you could pick up.

emo -sniff- My favorite character died recently in the series... Even in death may you be triumphant, Larten Crepsley.

this wretched thing

Shapeshifter

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:44 pm
XWraith_LordX
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I for one would live in the library given the chance. I used to check out around 15 to 20 books a month. Most of the time more. lol I had my boyfriend with two armfuls and a bookbag full of books plus my arms full one trip. It was wonderful. lol Though the librarians tend to stare when you check out that many. But I have nothing better to do than read, so why not?

I love Amelia Atwater Rhodes. She is by far one of the best writers of the time. And Laurell k. Hamilton. She writes the Anita Blake series, and the Meridith Gentry series (which is always conviently checked out when I'm after it). If your into vampire romance novels, try Maggie Shayne. She manages wit without being too tacky. Also, for those witch lovers, try the Sweep series by Cate Teirnan. It's heavily influenced by Wicca and other witchy elements. Very good.

Ummmm. I think That's all I got. Should I remember more, I'll be back lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:31 am
I do!
*is currently reading the complete uncut version of 'the stand' by Stephen King*  

gasp Account moved

charis69

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 pm
My reads! I just fineshed the Dark Materials Triliogy, and am working on the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Hey, what do you think about the contraviesery of Phillip Pullman?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:16 am
Added to list of stuff I'm reading-

The Pirate by Christopher Wallace.

I think the author is really up himself or really good at writing a character.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Acid_PopTart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:11 pm
I love to read, not only manga, but novels too...I also love school...Witch is a little strange,  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff