Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Lightsaber Lucas Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:47 pm
Hey, I wasn't on the ground at Endor. You don't like what I wrote, type up your own view and post it in the Guide.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:28 pm
But according to the guide, the stormtroopers aren't pushovers, and are nearly unbeatable....

But I'll write an article on the cuddly bears...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:32 pm
They're not unbeatable. just hard as hell to beat. Im not with the military, nor am I a jedi. I Typed up my opinion about 'em. perhaps I should make it so that some one may post an opinion about an entry...  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:33 pm
nah... But its kinda funny when the elite division of stormies that Palpy sent down there got beat by a bunch of stuffed playtoys...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:39 pm
Those Ewoks are fricken dangerous. besides, the stormtroopers suffered from signifigant tactical disadvantages. one: white, highly visible armor. two: bad peripheral vision. three: they did not fight in a coordinated action and instead dispersed to chase the ewoks in the ewoks natural envroment, always a bad move for an army trained to fight a conventional enemy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:40 pm
Rocks, spears, and hanggliders

versus

Blasters, artillery, mobile infantry, superior numbers, armor, longer range, and taking a defensive postion versus offensive...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:41 pm
we don't know that it was superior numbers. but still the whole situation smacks of the French defeat at Agincourt.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:45 pm
Technically, by numbers, Ewoks outnumber the Empire on Endor...

But as for numbers present in teh battle, I don't know if there were more than what was it? two divisons of stormies?

in a general 2 mile radius that the battle took place, there were more imperials per square foot than ewoks..

Not to mention, the ewoks had higher casualties...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:47 pm
ever heard of the Battle of Agincourt?  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:49 pm
I've heard of it, but I'm not a history major.

I do know the French have only "won" two military campaigns in their entire history.

Atgincourt... isn't that... mid 1600's or so? Its one that I know I've heard, but.... I'm remembering a presence that I haven't remembered in...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:53 pm
more like the middle ages. the French armored soldiers versus a weakened british army of far fewer soldiers. the French lost because the forested terrain favored the more mobile and lightly armored british archers.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:58 pm
Now that you said that, I do remember that. They re-enacted that for a show on history channel once. It was a dude trying to show what life was like for warriors of various eras, and one day it was british longbowmen...

After the first lines fell, archers would retreat to forested areas where their speed and manevuerability would outdo the heavy armor used by knights of opposing armies...

The French have never won a military campaign in my view though. I don't count Yorktown as having the French win the American revolution, because they fought one battle, and it was as a supporting role. Layfayette was a rich snob who wanted to play general, and paid mercenaries to help the americans.

And of course, the French revolution doesn't count, since it was a civil war...

Napoleon was an Corsican...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:00 pm
Charlemaigne was frankish...he was of the tribe that preceeded the French and gave france its modern name. but enough of hating the french. we're summoned here for one reason: to hate france.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:01 pm
and George Lucas, who is jewish, but we can hate them too... well, we're not supposed to, but everyone's had a crack at them... kinda like poles... whose history is also kinda funny to watch. Its kinda like how i thought france would be more like... the only change is who is invading next year...-

But back to GL...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:09 pm
GL sucks.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games