Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Original Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inatarin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:06 pm
FrozenPhoenix32

I think its explained that now since the sSith really did rule the galaxy, Palpatine decided to say hell with the rules and started training others.

Yep.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:09 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Inatarin
FrozenPhoenix32
Nospai Deathous
i thought the sith made a conscious decision to only exist in pairs- master and apprentice- because they realized after they basically destroyed themselves that more than 2 would not work? however, the jedi, having a common goal, which is defense of the galaxy and enlightenment through the force by means other than personal gain, had no such problems, and so were only strengthened by an increase in numbers?

however, the jedi had to change as demands changed, so during great wars they became warriors, and in times of peace they became diplomats, which is why they were ultimately defeated in ep. 2-3, because they had become mired in the diplomat status.

or am i way past everyone else on the timeline? sorry, i'm pretty fuzzy when it gets to pre-empire, which, i admit, is a huge block of SW history... ~.~

see this is where we're confused.

Technincally, Exar Kun and all those goodies were millenia before the last battle of Ruusan, which if you recall is the battle where the Sith were destroyed save for Darth Bane who created the infamous rule of 2.

But, Kun and Quel Droma follow the rule of 2,

First, yes, Pre Empire is a topic I'm really cloudy in sweatdrop ...It's just...so....HUGE....anyhow....

But yeah, after our 3 Posts, is it not safe to make a quick conclusion that it's probably because too many would just get them killed again, and the so few so they could train for the second they can attack?

Im trying to think..Kun..Kun....Kun.. Was this the great hyperspace war? I'm so confused. I think I'll stick with my post-empire bit wink

I think the Hyperspace war was after ROTJ, i'm not sure, I don't know jack about Kun nor do I know anything about sith, or much of Pre Qui-gon Jin-->Obi-wan Relationship..

I agree, i'm staying with what I know. O.o

after ROTJ? No no no. I know my post Empire.

The Hyperspace War was pre-Empire by millenia, when hyperspace Charters from the Republic lead the Sith Empire to the Republic on accident.

You're right, I think.

But, I just realized (regarding the 2 sith rule) I doubt that's too strictly used after ROTS...

Because, Vader and Palpatine both had more apprentices during that time. If you play the STar WArs Roleplaying Game, they explain this....

Vader and Palp are like cheating spouses hoping to overpower eachother.

I think its explained that now since the sSith really did rule the galaxy, Palpatine decided to say hell with the rules and started training others.

Actually, Palpatine did follow the rules. Although there were many dark Jedi, there were still only two Sith, which is why Jerec (of Dark Forces fame) isn't Darth Jerec, even though he has sith tattoos.

Are you guys talking about the Fall of the Sith Empire with this "hyperspace war," or are you talking about the Stark Hyperspace War that led to Plo Koon's elevation to the council.?  

Mercury33

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:10 am
not the Stark Hyperspace War. The Great Hyperspace War years before with Naga Sadow.

And if Palps followed the rules how do you explain Lumiya's Dark Lady of the Sith title.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:36 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
not the Stark Hyperspace War. The Great Hyperspace War years before with Naga Sadow.

And if Palps followed the rules how do you explain Lumiya's Dark Lady of the Sith title.

I think Lumiya was like Ventress. She wanted to be a Sith and called herself a Sith, but wasn't really Sith. Or, it might be that she didn't start calling herself a Sith until after Sidious and Vader died.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:15 pm
Durza the Shade
FrozenPhoenix32

I think Lumiya was like Ventress. She wanted to be a Sith and called herself a Sith, but wasn't really Sith. Or, it might be that she didn't start calling herself a Sith until after Sidious and Vader died.

probably the latter since Lucasbooks acknolwedges that she's a Sith  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:14 am
The battles where good but the jedi moving around wasn't to good  

daredevil18

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:43 am
daredevil18
The battles where good but the jedi moving around wasn't to good

what do you mean moving around?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:36 am
personally i like the new star wars better, i hop they remake the old ones cuz the graphics suck  

jarule13

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:15 am
A pox on your house you ignorant fool. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:27 pm
My question to the lovers of the new ones: Name a movie which you like that doesn't use CGI graphics or pyrotechnics....  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:53 pm
Nelowulf
My question to the lovers of the new ones: Name a movie which you like that doesn't use CGI graphics or pyrotechnics....

or a sucky/corny/cheesy/badly written plot/script/diaglogue!!!

>.o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:24 am
.....nothing I like has a ...what he said. then again Im thinking older films.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:36 am
I'm serious. If you cannot name one movie that you like, and here's the kicker, that doesnt involve any shooting, blowing up, or killing of anyone, you probably shouldn't critique movies or suggest how to change them.

I can name 4 movies instantly, and I can probably give a list that others may like as well. Start with Tom Hanks movies if you have problems...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:01 am
what like Bachelor Party? or more like Forest Gump((oh wait, that has explosions..nm sweatdrop ))  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:06 am
Terminal is one (since the only "action" is on news...), Toy Stories 1 and 2, I don't remember cast away having one..

Of course we could also mention Tim Allens' the Santa Clause.

There's hundreds of movies that one could like that don't involve tons of graphic action.

Not everything is about graphics. If thats all you care about, i suggest sticking to Final Fantasy the Spirits Within. Otherwise, Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games