Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:34 pm
BladeDeSoul
HEY! Snaebjorn! Were you at Frost Dragon this year????????

Could you possibly mean Ice Dragon in the Barony of the Rhydderich Hael in the kingdom of Aethelmearc?

If you do mean Ice Dragon then yes I was there this past year. I won the Novice Category for woodworking with a red and yellow round shield. I'll be there this year as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:24 am
Nope thats something I thought about after I posted it. I was at the Barony of Naevehjem Frost Dragon Tournament here in Caid. Soooo did you guys have a dragon? lol  

BladeDeSoul

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:03 pm
What do you mean by have a dragon? *laughs* Not a term we use I don't think.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:10 pm
No we had a dragon./.....Built out of a huge wagon, and it had huge co2 tanks so it actually blew out frost. And at the end of the day you can try to kill it, using boffer weapons...>.< I have a pic if you want it.  

BladeDeSoul

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:18 pm
Dema
Snaebjorn
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

Aww thanks ... I actually couldn't afford it either! rofl one letter was a christmas gift from my friend, and the others sweatdrop well ... lets not go into how much money I owe a certain family member! rofl They know they'll get it back though! rofl heart heart

And when you get your persona all together and clothed - take a picture for me!! biggrin I love japanese culture! although that addiction came about through anime sweatdrop Heh .. heh ... anyways... stare

Hehe, mine started with anime, I'm such an Otaku ^_^ but I love that I can bring that over to the SCA...well not the anime thing so much but the Japanese culture stuff LOL rofl sweatdrop

And I totaly will, mines not going to be kimonos so much as priestessy type outfits(like kikyou's from inuyasha except different colors) but I will probably have one kimono for awards ceremonies where theres pointies present ^_^

You do realize that Inuyasha is set during the Kamakura period and the only colors allowed for such an outfit was the red hakama with white kosode correct?

no I didn't know that but I have other SCAdian friends who are samurai that wear dark blue hakama and one of them wears a green leafishy print kosode. But whatev, all I really know about my persona right now is her name I don't know what time period I'm going to be from or anything really lol.

With Samurai there's a lot of time to choose from. There were proto-samurai recognizable from the sixth century, and the educated, cultured warriors of the Bushido code from the 11th century to the late 19th.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:15 am
i thought of one yay blaugh

You might be in the SCA if....

* if you are bored and instead of finding some game to play or person to talk to, you look up stuff for your Persona

i have done this one to many times blaugh blaugh  

endragh

Friendly Fairy

chickyraven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:16 pm
Rial k**e
If you owen your own set of dishes befor you have your own place.

I so know that one... my first event I was still homeless but someone gave me feast gear as a newbie present... So in my duffle bag my garb, tent, and feast gear took up more space than my mundane life stuff....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:50 pm
Brigit the slave child
Dema
Snaebjorn
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

Aww thanks ... I actually couldn't afford it either! rofl one letter was a christmas gift from my friend, and the others sweatdrop well ... lets not go into how much money I owe a certain family member! rofl They know they'll get it back though! rofl heart heart

And when you get your persona all together and clothed - take a picture for me!! biggrin I love japanese culture! although that addiction came about through anime sweatdrop Heh .. heh ... anyways... stare

Hehe, mine started with anime, I'm such an Otaku ^_^ but I love that I can bring that over to the SCA...well not the anime thing so much but the Japanese culture stuff LOL rofl sweatdrop

And I totaly will, mines not going to be kimonos so much as priestessy type outfits(like kikyou's from inuyasha except different colors) but I will probably have one kimono for awards ceremonies where theres pointies present ^_^

You do realize that Inuyasha is set during the Kamakura period and the only colors allowed for such an outfit was the red hakama with white kosode correct?

no I didn't know that but I have other SCAdian friends who are samurai that wear dark blue hakama and one of them wears a green leafishy print kosode. But whatev, all I really know about my persona right now is her name I don't know what time period I'm going to be from or anything really lol.

With Samurai there's a lot of time to choose from. There were proto-samurai recognizable from the sixth century, and the educated, cultured warriors of the Bushido code from the 11th century to the late 19th.

Most likely I'll end up making 1 set of garb in my houses colors (black/green/white) and one set in lighter colors/fabrics so I don't die in the mid summer heat for the July event. And probably a red/white one just cuz(that way I could go to cosplays at cons easy too!)  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:37 am
Dema
Brigit the slave child
Dema
Snaebjorn
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai

Most likely I'll end up making 1 set of garb in my houses colors (black/green/white) and one set in lighter colors/fabrics so I don't die in the mid summer heat for the July event. And probably a red/white one just cuz(that way I could go to cosplays at cons easy too!)

Thats right, show those Drakkenguard colors! Huzzah!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:12 am
Chibbi_Satan
Dema
Brigit the slave child
Dema
Snaebjorn

Thats right, show those Drakkenguard colors! Huzzah!

hehehe well, I figure I'm lucky to have found such an awesome House, not to mention that the person who introduced me to the Drakkenguard was the leader himself *evil laugh*

And no, everyone, I didn't intentionally seek out Elexi it was completely an accident. In fact Elexi almost had to die to finally FREAKIN' meet me.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:16 am
It is true...I almost died the night before I meet Dema. You see, I have a mint allergy, and had drank girlscout cookies at my friend Loki's encampment....to which I fell over and went into siezures and began to have cardiac arrest.
It sucks....
The next morning I was in her encampment, speaking with her current captain at the time, and she began to hug me and give me back messages. It was a nice meeting.
To say the least, we where talking all night.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:19 am
Chibbi_Satan
It is true...I almost died the night before I meet Dema. You see, I have a mint allergy, and had drank girlscout cookies at my friend Loki's encampment....to which I fell over and went into siezures and began to have cardiac arrest.
It sucks....
The next morning I was in her encampment, speaking with her current captain at the time, and she began to hug me and give me back messages. It was a nice meeting.
To say the least, we where talking all night.

Not to mention that later we found out I'd been friends with your sister for 3 years and had been at at least 2-3 of the same events as you LOL!!  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:30 am
True true...all very true. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:13 pm
You know you're the SCA when...

~You can't take your friends...because there's no more room in the car.
~You babble excitedly about the upcoming event and all your friends either nod or just tune you out.
~ You absently refer to pop up shade as a pavilion, or rainshade (An Tir only)  

AnimeOtaku391321

Regular Polyhedra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:58 pm
You know you're in the SCA when...
...You always yell "Hold!" instead of "Stop!"
...You see a sign for 'fencing' and wonder how much their épées cost.
...You're disappointed when you find out the History channel show "Fields of Armor" is about tanks.
...None of your mundane friends will watch period movies with you anymore because you're constantly critiquing the garb.
...You refer to porta-potties as 'biffies.'
...When trying to get the attention of a large group of people you yell, "My Lords and Ladies, pray attend!"
...You're the only person in your English class who can properly speak Shakespearian English, other than the teacher. (and in some cases, including the teacher!)
...You can fix anything with duct tape.
...You can put up any tent ever made in the dark, in the pouring rain, and with no directions!
...All of your mundane friends ask for your help with their sewing projects.
...You've seen a drunk man in a kilt searching around while baaing like a sheep.
...You don't find that sight unusual.
...You prefix stories with, "No s**t, there I was..."

I bet some of these have been done, but oh well.
heart  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces