Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:15 pm
Af Mas
UWEC is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. What's FSU got for psych? And trust me, if I could go down there, I would, but since my dad's taking out the loans to pay for school, and out of state tuition would be ungodly all the way down there, it's unaffordable. Somehow, my tuition this semester is just shy of $3000, because I got good loans and didn't take a meal plan, but usually my tuition is around $4500. That's cheap as I've come to understand, but UWEC is still one of the best schools in the midwest. But I wish you the best of luck, Kriss, I really do. It's hard to see a good friends crack under the pressure and I just hope that you can handle everything until summer and take a nice and restful break, and once you graduate, with all the work you've put forth, it'll all be worth it. You'll have accomplished something incredible, and not many people can say they've done the same. It's hard now, but you'll be glad you did it
I haven't personally done anything with psych here, but I would imagine they have a decent program. It is a pretty big college. I got a thing called Bright Futures that takes care of my tuition, plus I think its 600 dollars for books a year. Go decent SAT scores. I also have a cetain amount like 1000 or something for a scholorship through the school for my grades. I been pretty lucky on that aspect. The housing however kills a huge chunk of change. Not to mention art supplies. I spent about over 500 dollars for one photography class last year. XP Why does it have to be so expensive for art supplies. gonk

I'm trying to hang in there. Don't want to end up like my cousins. Neither of them made it through college. <.< Not working the best jjobs either.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:23 pm
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas
UWEC is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. What's FSU got for psych? And trust me, if I could go down there, I would, but since my dad's taking out the loans to pay for school, and out of state tuition would be ungodly all the way down there, it's unaffordable. Somehow, my tuition this semester is just shy of $3000, because I got good loans and didn't take a meal plan, but usually my tuition is around $4500. That's cheap as I've come to understand, but UWEC is still one of the best schools in the midwest. But I wish you the best of luck, Kriss, I really do. It's hard to see a good friends crack under the pressure and I just hope that you can handle everything until summer and take a nice and restful break, and once you graduate, with all the work you've put forth, it'll all be worth it. You'll have accomplished something incredible, and not many people can say they've done the same. It's hard now, but you'll be glad you did it
I haven't personally done anything with psych here, but I would imagine they have a decent program. It is a pretty big college. I got a thing called Bright Futures that takes care of my tuition, plus I think its 600 dollars for books a year. Go decent SAT scores. I also have a cetain amount like 1000 or something for a scholorship through the school for my grades. I been pretty lucky on that aspect. The housing however kills a huge chunk of change. Not to mention art supplies. I spent about over 500 dollars for one photography class last year. XP Why does it have to be so expensive for art supplies. gonk

I'm trying to hang in there. Don't want to end up like my cousins. Neither of them made it through college. <.< Not working the best jjobs either.

I believe you can make it. The job thing is always a good motivation for success, but I think it's also a good idea just to want to succeed for the heck of it. You don't have many other opportunities in life to say "I've made it through the toughest 4 years of my life, and it was worth it all". I felt like that after Highschool and just looked forward to college. Aiming to succeed, just because you can, takes a bit of the pressure off, and getting a good job is just one of the benefits you reap. I know everyone has the potential to succeed, and you're no different. I wanna see you thrive 3nodding  

Af Mas

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:41 pm
Af Mas
I believe you can make it. The job thing is always a good motivation for success, but I think it's also a good idea just to want to succeed for the heck of it. You don't have many other opportunities in life to say "I've made it through the toughest 4 years of my life, and it was worth it all". I felt like that after Highschool and just looked forward to college. Aiming to succeed, just because you can, takes a bit of the pressure off, and getting a good job is just one of the benefits you reap. I know everyone has the potential to succeed, and you're no different. I wanna see you thrive 3nodding
Thanks Affy, it means a lot to me. Right now I'm just hoping for some good luck. Been working non stop on my wooden sculpture project (bet you'll never guess what insect it is based off of), and I'm still not sure if I am going to be able to pull it all together for tommorrow. I can only hope and pray the pieces will all hold together and be able to support itself properly. I already had the main support for one of the claws crack part way. I filled it in with wood glue but who knows if the thing will hold now. *shudders*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:59 pm
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas
Thanks Affy, it means a lot to me. Right now I'm just hoping for some good luck. Been working non stop on my wooden sculpture project (bet you'll never guess what insect it is based off of), and I'm still not sure if I am going to be able to pull it all together for tommorrow. I can only hope and pray the pieces will all hold together and be able to support itself properly. I already had the main support for one of the claws crack part way. I filled it in with wood glue but who knows if the thing will hold now. *shudders*

Then best of luck to you. I would think that somehow you'd be able to put in metal rods to support the structure at contact points, but I don't know the details of the project. I'm sure you did everything right, so I'm sure it'll hold together  

Af Mas

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:05 pm
I did that for the legs, but I didn't have the time to work out all the glitches for the claws. T.T  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:20 pm
Krissim Klaw
I did that for the legs, but I didn't have the time to work out all the glitches for the claws. T.T

Well, I'm still sure it will turn out okay. I can't imagine why it wouldn't  

Af Mas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:36 pm
tourette's syndrome is annoying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:38 pm
Rainey_angel81

I've never been around someone whose had visible tics, but I'm sure I'd go to hell if I laughed at any of them if they had a tic, not intentionally, but because I'm one of those people who sometimes just can't help it sweatdrop  

Af Mas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:42 pm
Af Mas
Rainey_angel81

I've never been around someone whose had visible tics, but I'm sure I'd go to hell if I laughed at any of them if they had a tic, not intentionally, but because I'm one of those people who sometimes just can't help it sweatdrop

I've laughed at other people with tourette's too..but they weren't as bad as mine. They usually have the vocalized or just one or two tics  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas
Rainey_angel81

I've laughed at other people with tourette's too..but they weren't as bad as mine. They usually have the vocalized or just one or two tics

It's probably not any of my business to ask what kind of tics you're experiencing, but I'm naturally curious, but you don't have to tell me. That's kinda rude of me sweatdrop I'm sorry  

Af Mas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:52 pm
That's ok. I don't mind. I have to concentrate when I'm out and about and try not to do anything, but most of it is compulsive.

Frequent blinking <--I've been able to almost stop this one unless I'm really stressed out

grimacing of forehead or pursing of mouth

constant hand clenching, cracking knuckles and cracking neck, stretching neck

sucking in stomach, having to clench muscles all the time

when I'm sitting, knee jiggle

stretching of limbs <--usually when I have to sit for long periods of time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:55 pm
Is tourette's syndrom the one where people involentarily do something, like yell out things sometimes and that sort of thing? I know there was a kid at my highschool who had something like that pretty bad. He wasn't in any of my classes, but one day when my english class joined another class for a project he was in there. He was pretty vocal too, but after a little while I just got used to it and it faded into the background.  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 pm
Krissim Klaw
Is tourette's syndrom the one where people involentarily do something, like yell out things sometimes and that sort of thing? I know there was a kid at my highschool who had something like that pretty bad. He wasn't in any of my classes, but one day when my english class joined another class for a project he was in there. He was pretty vocal too, but after a little while I just got used to it and it faded into the background.

Yes. Though around here in SF, I see more people with Tourette's that have the visible tics. I knew someone who vocalized, but not noisily. Just that she had to repeat a certain word if someone said it near her. The word changed, but it was as if she couldn't stop herself, Even in the middle of a conversation, she would stop, repeat that word and then keep going on with the conversation  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Rainey_angel81
Krissim Klaw

Yes. Though around here in SF, I see more people with Tourette's that have the visible tics. I knew someone who vocalized, but not noisily. Just that she had to repeat a certain word if someone said it near her. The word changed, but it was as if she couldn't stop herself, Even in the middle of a conversation, she would stop, repeat that word and then keep going on with the conversation
He would just randomly go vocal. Sometimes he would copy a word that had been said and then some times it would be something random. He would also have problems with it in his conversation.

When does a tic classify as being Touretts syndrom though? For instance, I have a tendency to do the knee jiggle and stretching of limbs, normally when I'm bored out of my wits in a class and trying to stay awake. Also get the yawners. XP  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:03 pm
Symptoms

Symptoms include multiple motor and one or more vocal tics present at some time during the disorder although not necessarily simultaneously; the occurrence of tics many times a day (usually in bouts) nearly every day or intermittently throughout a span of more than one year; the periodic change in the number, frequency, type and location of the tics, and in the waxing and waning of their severity; symptoms disappearing for weeks or months at a time; and onset before the age of 18.

Vocal tics may fall into various categories, including echolalia (the urge to repeat words spoken by someone else after being heard by the person with the disorder), palilalia (the urge to repeat one's own previously spoken words), lexilalia (the urge to repeat words after reading them) and, most controversially, coprolalia (the spontaneous utterance of socially objectionable or taboo words or phrases, such as obscenities and racial or ethnic slurs). However, according to the Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc., only about 10% of TS patients exhibit this symptom. There are many other vocal tics besides those categorized by word repetition: in fact, a TS tic can be almost any possible short vocalization, with common vocal tics being throat clearing, coughing, sniffing, grunts, or moans. Motor tics can be of an endless variety and may include hand-clapping, neck stretching, shoulder shrugging, eye blinking, and facial grimacing.

The term "involuntary" has been used to describe TS tics, since most adults with TS do have limited control over the expression of tics. Immediately preceding tic onset, individuals with TS experience what is called a "premonitory urge," similar to the feeling that precedes yawning. The control which can be exerted (from seconds to hours at a time) may merely postpone and exacerbate the ultimate expression of the tic. Children may be less aware of the premonitory urge associated with tics than are adults, but their awareness tends to increase with maturity. Tics are experienced as irresistible (like a yawn or sneeze or itch) and must eventually be expressed. People with TS often seek a secluded spot to release their symptoms after delaying them in school or at work. It is not uncommon for children to suppress tics during a visit to the doctor or while at school. Typically, tics increase as a result of tension or stress (but are not solely caused by stress) and decrease with relaxation or concentration on an absorbing task. In fact, neurologist and writer Oliver Sacks has described a man with severe TS who is both a pilot and a surgeon.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games