Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:06 am

Anyways. now to get things back into gear.

The guild's been lazy for far too long. While the Star Wars craze is dying down, we have to get back to making a ruckus like we used to. So, this means we must get some unique crap up and running, so we definately have something different to offer to the world.

I'm seein' new RP, but that's relatively minor if we can't get this place all jiggy.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:15 am

Agreed.
Though if it were a new RP, what would we do it on?
In addition, I'd like to ask again if you needed that Avi Base.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:54 am

You can read the procedure, you can follow it like the rest of us.

As for the RP, I'd be digging into the unknown lands, notably Early Old republic. After the events of KotOR I and II and the galaxy rests back upon stable ground.

I still really would like to entertain my Outlaw star idea, with some changeups, but the same idea pushing it. It could either be a really good time, or a really bad ripoff. Right now, though, I'm trying to kill off the negative vibes of Legacy.

Also, I know that the star wars craze is dying down again, as there is no more movies ccoming out, only real fans will stick with the series. So we need to get back into that warm fuzzy feeling (as I plan to use the branch stores of the Galactic Outfitters as a semi-recruiting post).
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Well christ I'm sorry I offened your ******** sensibilities.
Didn't mean to s**t on your ******** parade.

So we got the Old Republic and the Outlaw idea.
When's the Outlaw one set and what did you have in mind there?

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Its not that Cale.

I'm just swamped with orders, and i'm just keeping everything organized. Just fill out the order form to GAT, and when get to it, I'll get to it. Its not that I'm trying to piss on yah, it's just that keeping things in order will be essential right now with everything crashing down at the same time.

As for the outlaw one, possibly put that in the Old Republic. Makes sense, since real large conflicts were pretty much "non-existant" in the old republic. Between the comics and the games, we have pretty much the entire tech we'll need, but as for a storyline, past a crew fighting pirates and the republic and searching for something, I'm really not coming up with much creativity. Being "rogueish" isn't entirely my strong point, so I was hoping you'd have something unique to work with for an angle.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:26 pm

Hell you could have said "Sorry Cale. I cant do your order. I got too many to do as is."
I would have understood that much and left well enough alone. But no. You ******** snubbed me instead. Thanks for reminding me where I stand in this guild again.

Well with the Rogue one, I must say Ive more knowledge of the Rogues of the Imperial era.
I'm well versed in how Rogue adventures go, but the b***h is running them on Gaia.
Almost all of my Star Wars RPs in the past have consisted of crews of Misfits and the like doing odd jobs here and there across the galaxy, dosging the law, pirates, and crimelords as they seek wealth and fame (and booze)
Now, I would gladly run something like that maybe on IM where I can get my words out and we can respond in real time. It would be like a D&D game, but with tech instead of magic with myself as a GM.

Hmm...I suppose between the two of us we could concoct a story. We'd divide it up into "Episodes" where the heroes or villains (Depending on the casts we get) will have to accomplish some goal or another, like sneak a cargo of cigarettes onto a prison planet or dodge a bounty hunter.
Guild members could send in Episode ideas and we could use the ones that work to make it a better RP.
Though we will have to keep it interesting. And that means th mods in charge will have to take on the roles of NPCs to prevent people from mowing down bad guys left and right with ease.
I Saw too much of that in BoV and Em Squad.
we'll probably have to structure it like the first two CotGCW, that way we don't hae people running around all helter skelter like we got in Legacy.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:35 pm

I didn't mean to "snub" you. You're taking offense when none was implied. Seriously, hit the bong or something, you sound almost as tense as I am.

Anyways, back to the idea. I figured the idea that all the people on the same side creating boring subject matter would come up. Hence we get a Hutt or something in that wants the items too. Work for the Republic, the crew, or the Hutt syndicate.

I figure that there'd be several NFUs, perhaps a Mando joingin the crew, and a padawan ranked jedi who just happens to fall into the group. The last part can be edited. Get a droid or two...

Kinda like Outlaw Star Meets kotor, if you really want a hashed summary. But why so difficult? Im curious what you mean by that you need the RT experience. Nothing that is done on paper can't be done in story to my experiences...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Hey Nelo, if you need any help, just ring.

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Kaze-Kage Daisuko
Too enthusiastic.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Nelowulf
I didn't mean to "snub" you. You're taking offense when none was implied. Seriously, hit the bong or something, you sound almost as tense as I am.

Anyways, back to the idea. I figured the idea that all the people on the same side creating boring subject matter would come up. Hence we get a Hutt or something in that wants the items too. Work for the Republic, the crew, or the Hutt syndicate.

I figure that there'd be several NFUs, perhaps a Mando joingin the crew, and a padawan ranked jedi who just happens to fall into the group. The last part can be edited. Get a droid or two...

Kinda like Outlaw Star Meets kotor, if you really want a hashed summary. But why so difficult? Im curious what you mean by that you need the RT experience. Nothing that is done on paper can't be done in story to my experiences...

Faster answers.
Players want the who what when where how and why continuosly.
IM gets that data faster and plus I can upload pics direct from my comp without going through Photobucket, which is acting odd for me lately.
There are other reasons too.

But enough of that.
So you're saying that we get three rival factions in there.
But what the hell would they be after and why? And what keeps them from simply saying "I know where it is"?
And how do we keep it challenging enough for people to stay interested?

Hmm...If we do attempt this Endevor, I might just have to bring in the First Darksun as an overall Villain.
If its treasure they're after, then what better way to oppose them than as a Pirate?

Sol Walker
Crew

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Nelowulf
Kaze-Kage Daisuko
Too enthusiastic.
Sorry? confused I seem to have sinned against you? neutral

Put in a GM, then. Everyone can contribute to how the story eventually turns out, but the GM himself could deal with the trivial details, such as the specifics of the object being searched for and it's location, giving hints that'll allow the RP'ers to use their Star Wars knowledge to discover it's location and seek it out.

But RPs led by that end up being very strictly controlled. Personally, I prefer that, but I've found that I'm one of few in that.

Connavar

Sol Walker
Crew

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

Hurry up and kill the Licker.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:48 pm

That's the mythos.

They inherit the ship and have to find the coordinates of the treasure. Its more about the episodes than the general plotline (starship races, swoop races, fight contests, jobs, etc).

But this is why I'm asking. we'd have to hammer out the details before really starting this b***h up. When it comes to adventures like this, i'm not really that good about it either.

Also consider how they found the star forge. That's my general idea for figuring out what to do.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:48 pm

Cale Darksun
Kaze-Kage Daisuko

Hurry up and kill the Licker.
Hey, i'm waiting for Nelo to post, i'm not the one slowing the rp down.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games