Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
~The Bunny Den-come in and cuddle!!~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 ... 2395 2396 2397 2398 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:45 am

I am very picky about what I read and sorry to say that such a series would not interest me in the least.

I have heard from many people that the books are far better than the movie and to be honest that is usually the case anyway. How often is a movie better than the book?

This is just one of those cases where the fans ruin the experince for others that might otherwise enjoy it.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Angelic Muse
*shrugs* I own all the books and even though I did enjoy the romance, there are many things I find wrong with the series. As far as her concept of the vampire, I think it's intresting and different compared to what I've read. Maybe not the best to make them "sparkely" but that adds to the "god" factor of the book.

1. The writing, I have to say, is s**t. The first book is the worst. The phrases are ackward, plot scenes are rushed and adjectives are reused WAY too often.
2. Is this the romance girls really want? To have an overprotective, manic depressive boyfriend? Like I said, I did enjoy the romance but i find my real life relationship waaaaaaaaay more satisfying.
3. The plot does get better as the books go on for the most part, as does the writing. However, I think Meyers has a problem writing fight scenes. The movie created one because they needed to sell the movie. In the last book, one of the most epic vampire battles could have occured, and instead, they talked it out. I'm not much of a sensationalist, but COME ON!

O.o I guess I felt it as my duty as an English/Education major to explain. By the way, you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, movie or all the negative publicity.

Maybe you should try reading it yourself. wink

:END RANT:

I wasn't interested as soon as I heard it was about vampires, since vampires generally do not interest me, but the more I heard about the plot and characters, the more it just sounded awful to me. I'm not willing to give it a chance of those key things are just bad in my eyes sweatdrop

Af Mas

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Af Mas
Sunegami
::raises her hand meekly:: I like Anne Rice's vampires the best. . . ::hides:: X3

I've never read an Anne Rice book, but from everything I've heard they're full of angst and stuff. I wouldn't know that for sure though. I just hear it's mainly where the usual stylish, lanky, goth-ish, arrogant vampires are inspired from, or something like that. I don't know, I never read them razz

You should read them. She actually writes really well. At first I wasn't really into the Vampire Chronicles, but as I read the books, I couldn't help falling in love with them. Most of it centers around Lestat, who's pretty much the most ******** arrogant individual ever, but it's still enjoyable.

Also, I HATED the Queen of the Damned movie. I mean jesus christ, they could have at least gotten Tome Cruise to be Lestat again. The guy they used had hair that was way too dark to be Lestat, and he didn't play the role well at all. The only good thing about that movie was Jonathan Davis' five second appearance as a ticket scalper near the end.
I also wish they had actually killed the crazy b***h the way they did in the book, but that may have been too gruesome for the tweens who watched the movie and didn't read the book.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Asphyxiat!on
Af Mas
Sunegami
::raises her hand meekly:: I like Anne Rice's vampires the best. . . ::hides:: X3

I've never read an Anne Rice book, but from everything I've heard they're full of angst and stuff. I wouldn't know that for sure though. I just hear it's mainly where the usual stylish, lanky, goth-ish, arrogant vampires are inspired from, or something like that. I don't know, I never read them razz

You should read them. She actually writes really well. At first I wasn't really into the Vampire Chronicles, but as I read the books, I couldn't help falling in love with them. Most of it centers around Lestat, who's pretty much the most ******** arrogant individual ever, but it's still enjoyable.

Also, I HATED the Queen of the Damned movie. I mean jesus christ, they could have at least gotten Tome Cruise to be Lestat again. The guy they used had hair that was way too dark to be Lestat, and he didn't play the role well at all. The only good thing about that movie was Jonathan Davis' five second appearance as a ticket scalper near the end.
I also wish they had actually killed the crazy b***h the way they did in the book, but that may have been too gruesome for the tweens who watched the movie and didn't read the book.

I'd read Anne Rice over Stephanie Meyer any day, that's for sure XD

My favorite fiction tends to be high-fantasy kind of stuff though. Dragonlance mainly...

Af Mas

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Af Mas
Asphyxiat!on
Af Mas
Sunegami

I'd read Anne Rice over Stephanie Meyer any day, that's for sure XD

My favorite fiction tends to be high-fantasy kind of stuff though. Dragonlance mainly...

Haha, I prefer my horror. Stephen King's the man biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:31 pm

@Asph: Oh, don't get me started on the Queen of the Damned movie. We'd be here all night~! gonk

@Af: Another Dragonlance fan! :'D <3

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Af Mas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Sunegami
@Asph: Oh, don't get me started on the Queen of the Damned movie. We'd be here all night~! gonk

I drew a comic about Dragonlance once >.>
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Asphyxiat!on

Never could get into King's writing. Much prefer Michael Crichton.

Selene Aries

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:56 pm

Diana Aries
Asphyxiat!on

Never could get into King's writing. Much prefer Michael Crichton.
BLASPHEMY gonk I've been reading his work since I was in 3rd grade. I <3 his books.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Af Mas
Sunegami

Can I see? :3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 am

My dad has every Stephen King novel published, but I've only read a few... sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 am

Manda_Tifa
My dad has every Stephen King novel published, but I've only read a few... sweatdrop
My mom has all the original hardbacks and paper backs of his books. She's going to give me the paper backs.

Alektorphobia

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:53 am

Asphyxiat!on
Manda_Tifa
My mom has all the original hardbacks and paper backs of his books. She's going to give me the paper backs.
I bet you can't wait... 4laugh
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Sunegami
Af Mas
Sunegami

It's really stupid, I hope you get the joke sweatdrop
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/1089095/

Af Mas

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Af Mas
Sunegami
Af Mas

It's really stupid, I hope you get the joke sweatdrop
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/1089095/

::laughs:: I got it. Nice. X3  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 ... 2395 2396 2397 2398 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games