Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 am
Nelowulf
Well, consider that people like to keep to the planets they know. Sure they're scattered, but its a lot better to know what planets they have if everyone knows what the planets are rather than simply sticking to proximity of the things.

Plus, granted, Hoth and Dagobah are within Bespin's vicinity. Still, what have either to offer a fledgling resistance movement?

I somehow doubt that a few wookies throwing snowballs would be much of a detterent! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:44 pm
They would be if they packed rocks into them.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:18 pm
Still... The Community will have a hard time considering just how spread out across the galaxy they are. The Loyalist Empire stand a much better chance of scoring a victory militarily once they really start rolling.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:09 pm
It never stopped the rebellion to be spread out.

While your forces are not as consolidated, they tend to fight on their own turf, and the Empire just can't sacrifice troops to restore order on every single planet if there are enough of them. I mean, they sent two thousand ships to play barracade for your little wayland blockade.

WE can't do that too much, before we spread ourselves thin. A war on two fronts is a pain, even for the empire. Even if that means they are in the middle of two sections of allied forces. I've played risk enough times to know its not always about having a large mass that's connected to necessarily win. Its what you can deny the opponent.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:19 pm
Between Nelo's statement and the map stellar posted, it kind of reminds me of a strategy RPG called Brigandine.

In that game, more territory = more resources.

However, if one is surrounded by enemies, or spreads their forces too thin, then they're in trouble. And, if you manage to defeat a country, you can recruit some of it's knights. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:53 am
Conscripting your enemies?
Not necessarily a good idea.  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:57 am
I should rephrase that. ^^ Once you defeat an enemy country in Brigandine, a couple of their knights will defect to your cause.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:58 am
Thats because its a game.

and this Damn Desert is friggen haunted.  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:03 am
Interesting haunting.

Now, a question o' Force related phenomena:

Can a NFU also hear or see anything relating to a Force ghost? Or is that soley the province of Force users?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:05 am
Celestia Whitesword
Interesting haunting.

Now, a question o' Force related phenomena:

Can a NFU also hear or see anything relating to a Force ghost? Or is that soley the province of Force users?

from what I can understand, its only Force users who can see and hear Force ghosts.
But with Luke's reapearance in Legacy, and given all the tales of hauntings that spacers come up with, I think its pretty much up to the Ghost who it lets see it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 am
Makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 am
Pretty much most Spacial Paranormal Anomalies (and the Force) tend to make the laws of reality their b***h.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:29 am
But Cade is force sensitive.

Luke also points out that the death sticks make cade less in tune with the force, which therefore limit his ability to listen to the force and luke. Thus, i think you need to have at least some sensitivity to see a ghosst, though it is also dependant on who wants to listen to whom.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:10 am
Thus, Cade could see Luke, but not his buddies, then?  

Nina Halford

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:12 am
Correct I suppose.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games