Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Johnny Malone
So only two more days of classes and then I leave for home on Wednesday.

Did Dover get around to telling you how he almost got the enitre party killed?
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

No, so what happened? Were there any casualties?

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

Lets see, he killed our party's healer, Moe's Ranger, and he himself was brought to just 15 hitpoints at most.

I was rolling a random encounter for him when Dover said he wanted to fight something new. He asked me what the toughest CR Demon was on my Random Encounter charts, and I told him that. He said he wanted to fight one (It was CR 14, we were Level 10)
So I let him roll the percentile dice and he rolled a 1, granting him an opportunity to fight the toughest things on my chart.
However, I did not convey to him that the CR 14 demon was not available in the area they were at (only reachable in two places)
What they ended up fighting were Thunder Beasts, Massive Hippo like grazers of the lower plans that are 18 feet tall and weigh in at 20,000 lbs.
And they fought six of them.
Well, fought isnt an accurate word since the herd of beasts were stampeding at the time.
So the entire party got trampled six times, griding our ranger and cleric into the soil of the Abyss while Dover's spartan was faring little better.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 pm

It was just shy of a TPK.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

Lets see, he killed our party's healer, Moe's Ranger, and he himself was brought to just 15 hitpoints at most.

I was rolling a random encounter for him when Dover said he wanted to fight something new. He asked me what the toughest CR Demon was on my Random Encounter charts, and I told him that. He said he wanted to fight one (It was CR 14, we were Level 10)
So I let him roll the percentile dice and he rolled a 1, granting him an opportunity to fight the toughest things on my chart.
However, I did not convey to him that the CR 14 demon was not available in the area they were at (only reachable in two places)
What they ended up fighting were Thunder Beasts, Massive Hippo like grazers of the lower plans that are 18 feet tall and weigh in at 20,000 lbs.
And they fought six of them.
Well, fought isnt an accurate word since the herd of beasts were stampeding at the time.
So the entire party got trampled six times, griding our ranger and cleric into the soil of the Abyss while Dover's spartan was faring little better.
Hmm... that may just be the dumbest thing Dover has ever done. Poor Mo he can now feel what it;s like to die due to another person's stupidity. rofl
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:41 pm

So did Mo make a new character or was he reserected?

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Well the gang previously got their buts handed to them by a pair of Driders, who killed our mage, and another pair of monsters: A succubus and a Noble Salamander.

The Driders snagged the party in a web strung up within a doorframe and pumped them with lightning bolts.
The Mage managed to hose them with a devastating fireball before he died and Moe nailed one with his compound bow before getting blasted with a Ray of Enfeeblement.
Once he worked his way free of three consecutively casted webs Dover polished off the last one.

The Succubus and the Noble salamander took a similar route. Having heard the previous battle from down the hall, they ambushed dthe heroes when they showed up.
First the Salamander cut Dover off from the party with a wall of fire, then the succubus grappled Moe and drained him of three levels.
Dover jumped over the wall, only to be caught in another one and facing a summoned Vrock demon, who summoned two other Vrock Demons and ganged up on him. Dover also got blasted by a fireball.
The Healer broke the enchantment on Moe finally and he bashed the succubus' brain in while Dover fillet'ed the Vrocks. He then charged through the firewall and attacked the Salamander, kicking his a** in a justified rage.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Sounds like the guys are having a hard time of things now.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:50 pm

Johnny Malone

Res'ed.
Dover used the Lesser Amulet of the Planes he had to send them to the World Serpent Inn with a message for them to be healed, then downed all his health potions and chased after the Thunder Beasts, beating them only after a hard fought battle.

Meanwhile, Moe and our Healer got resed and healed, then tried to come back on the next day by using the Ammy. They failed, throwing themselves not into the Abyss, but into the Seven Mounting heavens of Celestia where Moe had to beat off Conversion happy petitioners and self rightious angels until the healer could finish casting a plane shift spell, landing them two hundred miles from Dover's position.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Johnny Malone

No lie. Too bad they don't have Aoshi with them.
I think I'm getting better at utilizing Monster Tactics too, which is just as bad.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

Res'ed.
Dover used the Lesser Amulet of the Planes he had to send them to the World Serpent Inn with a message for them to be healed, then downed all his health potions and chased after the Thunder Beasts, beating them only after a hard fought battle.

Meanwhile, Moe and our Healer got resed and healed, then tried to come back on the next day by using the Ammy. They failed, throwing themselves not into the Abyss, but into the Seven Mounting heavens of Celestia where Moe had to beat off Conversion happy petitioners and self rightious angels until the healer could finish casting a plane shift spell, landing them two hundred miles from Dover's position.
This sounds like your having revenge for all of the adventures that we made too easy.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:54 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

I think I'm getting better at utilizing Monster Tactics too, which is just as bad.
Well yeah, when my dwarf was surrounded in the main room because all the other guards heard my fighting I think was one of the first times the enemies from one room knew what was going on in the other room because they made listen checks. All in all I say the battles are getting more realistic. (Which is a good thing.)

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:55 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

Res'ed.

This sounds like your having revenge for all of the adventures that we made too easy.

The funniest part was when we found out we had dropped into the exact polar opposite of the CE Abyss. Celestia is LG.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:56 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

Res'ed.

The funniest part was when we found out we had dropped into the exact polar opposite of the CE Abyss. Celestia is LG.
Funny. Too bad my Dwarf wasn't there to see it.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:58 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

Well yeah, when my dwarf was surrounded in the main room because all the other guards heard my fighting I think was one of the first times the enemies from one room knew what was going on in the other room because they made listen checks. All in all I say the battles are getting more realistic. (Which is a good thing.)

Nifty.
Just remember that when we face the big baddies.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games