Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:43 pm

Capn Deep Blusi
Capn Deep Blusi
ElladanKenet
Capn Deep Blusi
Civil War would be nice.
That's what I figured. Most people are familiar with it.

We'll see what the others say soon enough.

Hold on, which Civil War are you talking about. There are plenty.

I'm guessing the Galactic Civil War. you know, the one with the death stars?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Why does it always have to be a war? why not something different like a smuggling RP or bouty hunting or something?

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:35 pm

Missing nin Itachi
Why does it always have to be a war? why not something different like a smuggling RP or bouty hunting or something?

Because its Star Wars
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 am

Sayla-girl
Capn Deep Blusi
Capn Deep Blusi
ElladanKenet
Capn Deep Blusi
Civil War would be nice.

There's only one Civil War

All the others were between different opposing factions; members of different groups.

The Clone Wars was a battle with the people/droids controlled by territorries in the Outer Rim, beyond the Republic's control.

The Civil War, however, was between the Empire and the rebellious citizens within it.

Mon Mothma, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, etc. were all legally Imperial citizens, born on Imperial worlds to Imperial parents.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:59 am

EK, you forgot about the Jedi Civil War. Not to mention, the guerrila rebellion is during the GCW.

And DI, we no longer have a "one planet per chapter" rule anymore. We can spend a full year on a planet now. So it wouldn't be short.

@ missing: While I really wanted the outlaw RP, its easier to do a clear-cut-and-dry, good vs. evil kind of set up for new peoples. Though to be honest, I would enjoy a different setup, I'm kind of bummed out for major roles right now. I haven't even caught up with Ferno's part in legacy, for sheer lack of worthwhile s**t to post. Not to mention, Legacy's all but dead anyways.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:10 am

As overdone as it is, the Good vs Evil thing is perhaps the best choice. Unlike an outlaw or fringe based RP, everyone knows whats going on and you don't need to explain everything to people.
Like me. I don't know how the heck outlaws fucntion in star wars. You really only see two in the moveis.

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:13 am

Nelowulf
EK, you forgot about the Jedi Civil War. Not to mention, the guerrila rebellion is during the GCW.

And DI, we no longer have a "one planet per chapter" rule anymore. We can spend a full year on a planet now. So it wouldn't be short.

@ missing: While I really wanted the outlaw RP, its easier to do a clear-cut-and-dry, good vs. evil kind of set up for new peoples. Though to be honest, I would enjoy a different setup, I'm kind of bummed out for major roles right now. I haven't even caught up with Ferno's part in legacy, for sheer lack of worthwhile s**t to post. Not to mention, Legacy's all but dead anyways.

The Rebellion RP isn't Good vs Evil.
Its anarchists vs the government.
The Rebs will end up doing some pretty heinous things to stay alive, while the Empire is trying to sway the populous over to their side.
Now Ive determined the RP to start at 5 bby, because its a few years removed from the Formation of the Alliance.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:11 am

ElladanKenet
Sayla-girl
Capn Deep Blusi
Capn Deep Blusi
ElladanKenet
Capn Deep Blusi
Civil War would be nice.

There's only one Civil War

All the others were between different opposing factions; members of different groups.

The Clone Wars was a battle with the people/droids controlled by territorries in the Outer Rim, beyond the Republic's control.

The Civil War, however, was between the Empire and the rebellious citizens within it.

Mon Mothma, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, etc. were all legally Imperial citizens, born on Imperial worlds to Imperial parents.

There's the Jedi Civil War, the three Sith Civil Wars, and others.

Capn Deep Blusi

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:34 am

Cale Darksun
Nelowulf

The Rebs will end up doing some pretty heinous things to stay alive, while the Empire is trying to sway the populous over to their side.
Now Ive determined the RP to start at 5 bby, because its a few years removed from the Formation of the Alliance.

Thats right guys, this next RP is really going to blur the line between freedom fighter and terrorist.

Should we create a plot discussion/design thread for it Cale? It seems we're going to have to explain some things.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:15 pm

stellarmagic
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf

Thats right guys, this next RP is really going to blur the line between freedom fighter and terrorist.

Should we create a plot discussion/design thread for it Cale? It seems we're going to have to explain some things.

You mean again?

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:29 pm

We discussed the setting, not the plot.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:33 pm

I'm still calling the perverted R2 unit.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Nelowulf

who would challenge you for it?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:04 pm

Sayla-girl
Nelowulf

DA.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:38 pm

Nelowulf
Sayla-girl
Nelowulf

DA.

DA would probably play a Zeltron or Twi'lek, one of those oversexed aliens.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games