Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:42 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
Rainey - Thats what I was expecting. And I'm shocked, you have tourettes? What repetitive movements do you do? You don't have to answer, im just curiouse... sweatdrop

Kakky - Yes it is. God, thank you.

Thylacine - It seems, when it comes to illness, i'm not exactly typical. sweatdrop And neither of us (mother, Grandma, and I) know. All of our relatives are very secretive, and asking would only start a fight.

Af - I'm a bit passed obsessive, to the sickeningly so. You might be. Don't know about it in your case though, I just know how obsessive I am. X<

it was worse when I was younger and it was the physical tics rather than vocal.

Eye blinking, involuntary hands shaking and fingers tapping. foot shaking, leg shaking. facial contortions, abdominal jerking, nose twitching, sniffing,

If I think really hard about what I'm doing, I can stop it for a few hours, but as soon as I stop thinking, it just starts up right away  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:13 pm
NG, if it is affecting your life, then I would suggest telling your councilor. You have already taken the first step in the right direction. You can see the problems in some of your actions and recognize that they aren't right. Hopefully, the councilor can teach you the tools necessary to help overcome the obsessive urges.

Personally, I'm more of a hypochondriac myself. You know, the type who comes down with every illness in the world after hearing about it. I'm horrible too because I love watching medical shows and all that kind of stuff. Not a good way to feed the obsession. I have to say the strangest one was when I was convinced a parasitel worm was going to work its way up from my intestines crawl up into my windpipe and choke me while I slept (<.< It can really happen… curse you zoology class with all your freaky parasites) Of course, it didn't help at the time I was suffering from acid reflux that caused a condition where it constantly felt like something was stuck in the back of my throat.

Yah, I'm strange...^.^;;  

Krissim Klaw

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:41 am
Krissim Klaw
NG, if it is affecting your life, then I would suggest telling your councilor. You have already taken the first step in the right direction. You can see the problems in some of your actions and recognize that they aren't right. Hopefully, the councilor can teach you the tools necessary to help overcome the obsessive urges.

Personally, I'm more of a hypochondriac myself. You know, the type who comes down with every illness in the world after hearing about it. I'm horrible too because I love watching medical shows and all that kind of stuff. Not a good way to feed the obsession. I have to say the strangest one was when I was convinced a parasitel worm was going to work its way up from my intestines crawl up into my windpipe and choke me while I slept (<.< It can really happen… curse you zoology class with all your freaky parasites) Of course, it didn't help at the time I was suffering from acid reflux that caused a condition where it constantly felt like something was stuck in the back of my throat.

Yah, I'm strange...^.^;;

Rainey - Oh, i see. I wasn't sure, some people have physical tics and thats all i've ever heard of.

Kriss - ... Oo woman, i am both shocked and amused.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:45 pm
I suspose I should tell you guys what happened at my birthday party yesterday.

After I finally got there, I had a great time with my friends. I got 5 DVDs, a couple of pair of socks, and a wallet in a really good box. I'm still to be taken out shopping by my parents.... but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. Anyway, we saw the movie Click, which was very good and made me cry. After that we went to the 'Pancake Palour' for dinner and visited the arcade next door to play some games. Overall I had a very good night.

But today.... I'm depressed yet again.... but I'm starting to think I might have Bipolar.... but I can't diagnose myself..... but it might explain some things. My dad has it and has 2 dosage changes because of increased stress of life... anyway... doesn't matter really... just a thought of mine...

Oh, and the pictures I posted up in the Photo thread is from yesterday's party.  

Crenn

Mostlyjoe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:01 pm
Welcome back, me?

It's been a while since I was on Gaia or on this forum for that matters. Some of you 'might' remember me. I went through a few name changes over the year(s) but otherwise consolidated my logins to this name. After all, if I can't be myself what's the point?

So, I went away. Life has been interesting. In my own casual way I'm still employed and calm. Not totally happy though. Part of the reason why I came back is the need for chat. Furry or otherwise. Mostly furry.

I'm a very light furry. I enjoy the art, the culture, and some of the people. It's been a while since I talked in 'furry' mode as it were. Otherwise, I have this mental itch I need to scratch.

So hello again?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:00 pm
FogSage
Won't talk about my third day at work, other than it was long, tedious, boring and hot. Kids seemed all right.....most of the prizes we gave away were gone really quick.....the small promotional stuffies and t-shirts from Dole, Spam, Idaho Potatoes, ect. Other than that, there were Spam can piggy banks, rulers, pencils, chips, gum samples, red apples, and small cans of soda and water.

Tomorrow, I'm going to sleep in like a cow. I don't care. I have NOWHERE to be, but Monday, I have to go to the dentist (oh joy) to get my teeth cleaned and then have to do closing for work, yippee skippy. =_=

That's all, folks.

I used to work retail. I was surprised, I thought I would hate it, but... well, it was a bookstore, which meant that if we had multiple copies of something, and business was slow, I could put my feet up on the counter and read.

Then again, I also spent a month and a half as a stablehand, and now I feed, water and muck out bird cages (I'm allergic to birds). So, who knows? Everyone takes work as they will.  

Shaviv

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:04 pm
Mostlyjoe
So hello again?

Hello again.

---

It just struck me that the Internet is a great equalizer.

A lot of us here are, frankly, pretty socially awkward. I'm pathologically shy, for example, although I can get over it if I have someone specific to ask a specific question. Maybe I'm making unkind assumptions about everyone else, but you read some interesting things that raise your eyebrows, here in this thread.

But we get along, more or less, via the intarweb.

I heartily approve of the intarweb for this reason. For me, it's a tool for making my life easier.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:42 pm
Shaviv
FogSage
Won't talk about my third day at work, other than it was long, tedious, boring and hot. Kids seemed all right.....most of the prizes we gave away were gone really quick.....the small promotional stuffies and t-shirts from Dole, Spam, Idaho Potatoes, ect. Other than that, there were Spam can piggy banks, rulers, pencils, chips, gum samples, red apples, and small cans of soda and water.

Tomorrow, I'm going to sleep in like a cow. I don't care. I have NOWHERE to be, but Monday, I have to go to the dentist (oh joy) to get my teeth cleaned and then have to do closing for work, yippee skippy. =_=

That's all, folks.

I used to work retail. I was surprised, I thought I would hate it, but... well, it was a bookstore, which meant that if we had multiple copies of something, and business was slow, I could put my feet up on the counter and read.

Then again, I also spent a month and a half as a stablehand, and now I feed, water and muck out bird cages (I'm allergic to birds). So, who knows? Everyone takes work as they will.

A bookstore is probably a lot more comfortable than the hard tiles of a grocery store. Also, you probably had airconditioning in the store, making it a trifle more comfortable than where I work. I'm so busy most of the time I barely notice it, but it does catch up with you eventually.....

If you got paid minimum wage just by working in a bookstore, I'd be there, baby. That sounds hella more fun than lugging groceries to people's cars in 100 degree weatther. razz  

FogSage

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:02 pm
How to tell your Raseberries are fresh?

There is still a live inchworm walking around and eating one. -__-  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:19 pm
Waah! Our air-conditioner broke! This bites...it's SO hot right now, and not a fan to be had! *grumbles* And I just ate hot easy-mac too.....which didn't help the temperature any, but I was hungry!

Ah well....it's supposedly getting fixed tomorrow...and my uncle just got home, so I'm gonna try to talk him into going out tomorrow, since we both have the day off. The other uncle wants to get a ring for him for their 5-year anniversary (how cute! whee ) and it is up to me to discreetly find out said uncle's ring-size. So that's what I'm gonna try to do tomorrow while air-conditioner gets fixed (hopefully). Wish me luck!  

Manda_Tifa

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:29 pm
Today was an excellent day. It was doggy day at the Delta, which is a river here in CA. We had all the dogs from the SAR k9's there off leash and swimming, though Hansel and Cortina were the only ones successful with actually swimming and being able to use the swim ramp. And I got to see more of Marie's puppies. She kept all of them because she couldn't find any good homes to sell them to
I got sunburnt horribly and I have blood blisters and scratches from dogs trying to "save me" by drowning me. I also got to go bun busting off of a speed boat.

All in all, it was a great day and a good time to relax with the dog people without having to work ^.^

EDIT: except I came back to the house I am house sitting at and found it a mess. The dog had pulled alllll the snack bags out of the cabinet, had torn them up without eating anything. She had taken my yarn and knitting needles and unraveled all of it. Plus, she ate two pens and dug the water out of the toilet...so for the past hour, I've been cleaning up her mess.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:40 am
Krissim Klaw

Aww, but that's not a bad sign......if it was a fly, I'd be nervous........flies carry diseases other bugs don't. I mean, sure, the inchworm could be laying eggs or something in the fruit, but I think your stomach acid could handle that.

............I think I'll shut up now. ._.

I just read a book called Marley and Me. It's a wonderful book, very beautifully written, and it made me so sad at the end. It also made me feel very depressed.

So I ask this question that many others have asked before. What point is there to life if all we do is die? Is it death that makes life precious? That life is a fleeting opportunity, and that we must grip it and take everything we can from it?

I am sad and I do not know how to make myself happy again. It makes me sad and afraid to think of my own mortality, though previously I said otherwise. I am a weak human being, living a life I do not understand fully and only know understanding a small part of it. The thought of my death in whatever form it will come to me in makes me afraid. I don't want to die, nobody does. But it has to be. Nothing lives forever. And I wish I could though. I wish I could live forever and take in life for eternity, it's joys, it's sadnesses, all of it. It would be worth the time to me.

I don't know anymore.........  

FogSage

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:41 am
Krissim Klaw

oh..no.. eww..

speaking of raspberries..we have a wild black raspberry bush growing out in the field. My dad picked a bunch of them and my grandma made homemade jam out of them. Mmmm..  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:44 am
FogSage
I just read a book called Marley and Me. It's a wonderful book, very beautifully written, and it made me so sad at the end. It also made me feel very depressed.

So I ask this question that many others have asked before. What point is there to life if all we do is die? Is it death that makes life precious? That life is a fleeting opportunity, and that we must grip it and take everything we can from it?

I am sad and I do not know how to make myself happy again. It makes me sad and afraid to think of my own mortality, though previously I said otherwise. I am a weak human being, living a life I do not understand fully and only know understanding a small part of it. The thought of my death in whatever form it will come to me in makes me afraid. I don't want to die, nobody does. But it has to be. Nothing lives forever. And I wish I could though. I wish I could live forever and take in life for eternity, it's joys, it's sadnesses, all of it. It would be worth the time to me.

I don't know anymore.........

Life eternal eh? I find the idea to be disturbing. Death is good, part of life as much as life itself. None can escape it. I think that living forever would be sad in a way for a person who could do so would linger, they would see the passing of those closest to them, and in time a person so cursed would no doubt fall in on themself afraid to reach out to others because they would see them pass as well. In the end a immortal would find themself alone in an empty grey world, all of the lives it could sustain exausted by the march of time. the person would linger still trapped in hatted life even as the stars themselves burnt to embers and passed. I doubt that even then that they would find release from their endless immortal coil.

I do not fear death overmuch for it comes for us all, I just hope to leave this world loved and respected by those who knew me well.  

vaholm

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:58 am
I certainly do not want to love forever but I do wish we did not age so poorly and that our natural lifespan were not so short. Then again, we are always extending our average lifespan. We've gone from being lucky to live till 30 to living up to and over 80 years. This is of course still only a tiny blip in time and yet, what we do in that short time can have lasting affects that permanently changes this world. This is about the only true immortality one can achieve, being remembered. Beyond that there are other legacies we can leave behind, the more natural form which most living beings are driven by. I speak of procreating and passing on our genetic make up, in a sense we keep on living through the generations that fallow after us.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games