Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 am

In other news, bunnies have invaded SL.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/8131/newbitmapimagebp4.png
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:45 am

(_/)
(O.o)
(>_<)

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:18 pm

I just stumbled upon a rather interesting snippet of Conversation from back in WWII.

Quote:
Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:27 pm

Cale Darksun
I just stumbled upon a rather interesting snippet of Conversation from back in WWII.

Quote:
Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

Amen

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:23 pm

And all wars, no matter how pointless or justified they are, all end the same way: With young men dying and old men talking.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:48 am

I'm back, fellers!

Capn Deep Blusi

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:55 am

How'd it go?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:56 am

Not bad. It's the most tourist-like i've felt in my life.

Capn Deep Blusi

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:58 am

you get me any souveniers?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:07 am

Yeah...I bought you a strip club for the collection.

Capn Deep Blusi

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:13 am

Cool.
Cant ever have too many.

I don't mean to sound like an a**, but um, where did you go again?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:17 am

Not assy at all. Chicago.

Capn Deep Blusi

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 am

Capn Deep Blusi
Not assy at all. Chicago.

Oh Duh. Now I remember.

Did you give Sue my message?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 am

The Sue in the thing at the place? Yeah.

Capn Deep Blusi

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:28 am

Good. She was probably pissed that I havent seen her in a while. She needed an explanation.

Its never good to have the world's largest T Rex pissed at you.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games