Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
~*When Everything's Wrong...*~ [Intermediate/Fantasy] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

high tendencies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 pm
"Yes... Edward helped..." Hope groaned. "Why?!" She asked again, gritting her teeth. "He fought on our side. How the h*ll did that change?"

Their master held a hand out in front of him and the door opened without him touching it. "Welcome home, Seymour." He murmered blankly. Slowly he nearly floated into a large dark room. There were two long windows taking up the wall in front of them. Then, a staircase came down from the left, twisting and looking frail. On the right was a door with rusty locks. Groans came from below their feet, chains rattled. "Down." He said and disappeared into the shadows as he slinked up the stairs.
Edward lifelessly nodded and pulled the limp body toward the door. One of the guards going ahead and heaving the door open. "Okay.." He gasped, and stepped aside. Showing nothing but blackness. Of what you could see, there was a dangling cord of some sort, and cobwebs. This place was definitely dirty.
The same guard who opened the door took a torch, just like in the movies, and lit it. He stepped forward into the darkness, an eerie glow showing a steep concrete staircase. There was no hand rails, and the stairs was narrow. He led the way slowly and carefully, as if something could jump out at him at any moment. "Hello, young gaurd." A voice rasped and the man leading them jumped, pulling out his sword. "Calm down!" Edward growled. "Oh..." The guard lowered the sword away from a brittle old man who smiled, showing his gums. "A new feller, huh?" He said in a friendly but weak tone. Edward nodded, his eyes becoming more clear. "Keep him out of trouble." He murmered and left Seymour go, instead taking a spare set of chains that hung from the wall. He snapped it quickly around Seymour's ankle and moaned. "I'm so sorry..." He murmered and stepped back, back up the stairs with the other retreating guards.

The old man nodded at Seymour, and a light flickered on right before the door closed. "They don't like us with all the light when they come down. Guess they think we'll attack 'em if we see much more than just the lead man." The brittle soul laughed, then started coughing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 am
"Seymour is captured, and ... Edward helped?!" Mirabel asked for confirmation. Not that she needed anyone to confirm anything; Hope and James didn't have a reason to lie. Mirabel slowly breathed in, and then slowly breathed out. She finally murmured, "I am sure Edward had his reasons... We shouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe...well, maybe, he was pretending to capture Seymour? Just so he could try to...um..." Mirabel was at a dead end.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Bigfoot9000
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:49 am
"He could be pulling the double-agent card." James suggests, before realizing that this wasn't making Hope feel any better. "But I'm sure he will return to our side of things as soon as he is able too. Either way we should get a move on if we're to figure out whats going on."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:33 pm
Seymour paused.... and rubbed his above his chained ankle. Trying, but failing, to get some circulation to his foot. "If I only had some moderate energy... I could shapes shift and get us all out of here. But... Is it just me or does this place sap all energy?" Seymour didn't bother to listen to the elderly man. He needed to learn everything about this place. "Of course.... without that portal, I doubt we could find our way around."  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:50 am
Mirabel nodded in reply to James' suggestion. "Mmhmm..." she said. Then, she agreed with James with his second part of his talk, "Yes! We should start moving so we can get to Edward and Seymour as soon as possible..."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:31 pm
"O-okay...." Hope stuttered. "So which way?" She slurred, looking at the two in a haze.

**Sorry for the small post. But today was the first day of school and all... I`m probably gonna end up posting on weekends. Good posts, of course. Nice and long, to try and make up for my absence.~~

high tendencies

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:24 am
((School is starting for me next week...ugh....XD))

"I have no idea..." Mirabel said as she looked around. The cat-girl let out a long, drawn-out sigh as she shook her head fiercely. "Um...James?" She turned her eyes on the guy in their current group. "Did you see Edward or Seymour earlier? I haven't. I was in a tree." The last sentence would have been humorous if not for the situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 am
(No worries. We all knew the summer break would have to sooner or later... crying )

"I was unconscious for the most part, sorry." James answers, pulling back his shaggy brown hair with his free hand so to show the bruise that now marked his forehead. "Run into a tree after we scattered." James explains, dropping his hair back in place so to cover the bruise.

"But maybe we can trace them by footprints?" James asks, hope in his voice. "Surely they wouldn't waste the man-power carrying Seymour, so his heels must have left marks in the dirt from dragging."  

Bigfoot9000
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:58 am
"Great idea!" Mirabel said with a grin. "Yes, there must be footprints or some sort of dragging-marking left upon the ground in Seymour's wake... Hm..." Mirabel looked around, and sniffed the air like a cat would. Myu and Kii both followed suit, upon Mirabel's shoulders, and sniffed the air, their sheer white whiskers vibrating and quivering delicately. The two cats sniffed lazily, their eyes half-closed.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:55 am
Hope watched them anxiously. "Any scent?" She pleaded. "You have to smell something." She glanced back the way she had come. "Maybe I should lead the way back to where I saw Edward?" And then something popped into her head.
"Oh! Edward said he'd meet me. C'mon!" Hope's face lit up, and she no longer needed support. Instead, she walked quickly through some weeds. "I'm not sure if I know the way to our spot, but Mirabel can track Edward's scent out of the wood, right?" She asked. "I can find the way from there. After I know where I am."

high tendencies

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:17 pm
Mirabel said, "Yeah, I might be able to sniff something out...hm...and if I can't seem to do it, Myu and Kii can surely do it!" Mirabel grinned at her two cat buddies. Mirabel walked as Myu and Kii used their claws to cling to Mira's shoulders. Mirabel followed Hope as she walked through some weeds.

Myu and Kii's senses found Edward's scent first, and they started meowing and mewing loudly. Shortly after, Mirabel wiggled her nose, and she sensed Edward's path, too. "That way!" Mirabel pointed out the direction with her index finger.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:31 pm
"Sounds good to me..." James says, following the girls through the now freshly stomped underbrush. "And if we get lost I could draw us a compass. Although I'm not sure that would help sense I'm not much of an outdoors man."

Surely enough as they ran, James' eyes caught glimpses of well-formed footprints left in the dirt.  

Bigfoot9000
Crew

high tendencies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:44 am
Hope managed a weak smile. "Thanks... I know I`ve just met you two, really. I hope you don`t mind. I mean, this is all my fault, and my brother`s. Should you really be dragged into it?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm
Mirabel smiled friendily at Hope and said, "We may have just met, but I think I like you! I probably would have been dragged into some other issue if it wasn't this. Don't feel bad, Hope, this isn't really your fault. Or your brother's. We'll figure things out; don't worry!" Mirabel tried to keep a positive outlook. Myu and Kii meowed loudly in agreement.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Bigfoot9000
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:38 am
"Its no trouble, besides chances are we would have been sucked into it anyway. At least this way, we've banded together for a common goal." James says, his eyes wary for any movement that was not their own. "And this sure as hell beats a normal day in the city..."

(Sorry about not posting for a bit, I thought Starlight was still missing. Welcome back Star! blaugh )  
--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff