Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:30 pm
User Image

A few older students joined the table. Most of them seemed disinterested, though, in getting to know the new first years. People started talking about pet snakes, and Stella wasn't sure what she could contribute to the conversation other than what she already had - that she wanted one, but her mother wouldn't let her have one. Her mind turned back to her empty stomach, and she snuck another roll.

Just then, she heard a large shriek above her. She would recognize it anywhere - it was one of the family owls, a Great Horned Owl by the name of Fiordiligi. It dropped a letter on Stella's plate. She opened it. It was from her mother. A bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans fell out of the envelope as she opened it to read:

Dear Stella,
I'm sending Ligi to stay with you at Hogwarts. I assume you'll be all Sorted right now; I hope you'll let me know where they put you! I know you wanted Ravenclaw, but I know you will shine wherever you may go.
You left your wizard's chess set at home, and I am sending it with Leporello in the next few days along with some other things. But for now, I just wanted to make sure you were safe and happy and send you my best wishes for a good start! Sleep and study well!
-Mum

Stella hoped they didn't make her read her mum's schmaltzy letter. "Well," she began. "It looks like I'll have a pet here with me after all." She motioned for the owl to fly off toward the Owlery, and she did. "Her name is Fiordiligi." She sighed. "I still envy your snakes, though."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:35 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Sudden movement distracted Roisin. She looked toward the other end of the table to see two older students fighting. Punches, shoves, tackles, bashing heads the whole deal. If it wasn't for the stern up bringing of Miss Lochman, Roisin's mouth would be hanging open catching flies like some of the other students that watched on. But her eyebrows were raised so far up her forehead, Roisin was sure they trailed into her hair.

She took mental note of the fighters, a girl and a boy. SaLevera Sykes and Nott McNair according to the whispers of the other students.

"Whatever is that about?" Roisin asked, looking to the older students as well as her fellow first years. Someone had to know if this was going to be a daily occurrence.

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 pm
User Image

Just as Stella was shooing Ligi away, two students at the other end of the table broke out into a fight, falling onto the table and making a mess of the plates as they did so. Some of the students at other tables and professors even got up, looking alarmed. Even Roisin, who seemed so calm and poised, look startled.

"Bloody hell!" Stella exclaimed, then regretted it in case any professors or other authority figures were within earshot. She gulped. "This is not a regular occurrence in our house, is it? Because I'm more into nonviolent, verbal fisticuffs myself."

((OOC: While I'm interested in seeing where this leads, I have a test tomorrow to study for, so I probably won't be on the rest of the night. See you all tomorrow!))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm
User Image
Morvin Varren

Morvin was about to say something when a clattering down at the end of the table caused his drink to spill into his lap. Fuming, he looked down to the two kids fighting and cursed under his breath. Taking a napkin, he started mopping up the pumpkin juice.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

==== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ====

Justin looked at Mira "Mine was... Interesting" he said simply. Before he had a chance to reply he saw Levera jump at Nott. "Well we have some entertainment" he said watching the two second years

==== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ====

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 pm
Ura the rainbow King
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin looked at the fight, his hand leaving his pocket and leaving it open. A small shape darted out, launching it's self into Miss Roisins lap. "Meow!"

~

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:00 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin had been watching the fight closely, and jumped when something landed on her lap, startling her. Her hand flew to her chest before she looked down and recognized the little beast purring and nudging for attention. A crow, an owl, a fight and now the most adorable little kitten she'd ever seen. Roisin was most definitely glad she had not decided to throw a magpie into the mix. Hogwarts was random even to cover anything that happened it seemed.

Smiling, Roisin held out her hand for the kitten to sniff and decide if it really wanted to be petted by her.
"Sever, is he yours?" Roisin couldn't take her eyes off the cute purring furball. He had such big eyes. "What's his name?" She gathered him in her arms, petting and cuddling with it, turning to Sever. She kept one eye on the fight, but decided to let the older students deal with this. Or the teachers. If they didn't do anything, then obviously she shouldn't be concerned.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 pm
Ura the rainbow King
Ura the rainbow King
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin looked, seeing his cat. He turned pinkish. "Umm... Her name is chocolate speckes...." He said, embarrassed. He regretted namingbher that now. "She is a miniature cheeta and a forever kitten". "Meow" chocolate purred, nuzzling miss Roisin, her eyes staring happily.

~

User Image

User Image  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm
User Image

She was just about to tell Slange to shut up when she heard a scream, turning she looked over just in time to see one the younger students attack a boy on the other side of the table. Well that's interesting, she though as she watched the events take place, laughing at justin's comment.

~Translation~ {{{"..."}}}
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin closed her eyes and nuzzled Chocolate Speckes. "Hello, Chocolate. You are adorable." She told the forever kitten. She loved animals. Well, not all animals. Snakes, cats, komo dragons and lizards, the intelligent and curious animals really. Even some birds. Swans becuase they attacked any one or thing in their territory or close to their mate and hatchlings. She didn't see Sever blush or embarrassment, paying attention all to the kitten and the on going fight, though she made sure to keep the kitten from the table, just in case one of the magnificent serpents decided they were hunrgy and Chocolate looked too good to pass up. "Where have you been hiding this whole time?"

User Image

((OOC: Roisin has not changed to baby speak or even kissy language. She is still speaking as she normal does . . .))  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin smiled slightly. "She was in my pocket..." He said. He was losing stuff lately. "Do.. Do you like cats?" he asked, eyes bright. "Meow!"

~

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin nodded at Shin, still not looking away from the older students nor from Chocolate. "We have a wild, or what passes as wild, litter that claimed our property as their home. Seti, our King Cobra, even adopted them as his children. I always felt that snakes and cats were not too dissimilar. Intelligence and an touch-me-only-if-I-want-to-be-touch-and-at-your-own-risk attitude surrounds them both. Unfortunately, Mother is allergic to cats. Or so she says. I think she just doesn't want to have the house elves constantly cleaning up after the little dears."

Roisin did notice that Sever was losing, dropping and in the case of Chocolate, losing control of things. She hoped he didn't have a curse on him. "With of your brothers gave him to you?" Of course a brother had to give it to Sever. A father nor a mother would think to give such a great gift. That's how the family got Seti. Belenus went and got him a few years ago.

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin sighed. "My mother just said that she dosent care as long as it's not near her, and I'm near it" He said. He sighed. "Wild cat...? What do you mean?... Shamus, he said it was to be my friend at school" He asked. "Meow!"

~

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin smiled as Chocolate rubbed her head against her collarbone and neck. She didn't say anything or twitch a muscle, but Roisin sincerely felt Mrs. Sever was losing out on knowing her sons. And all because of insignificant things like scars or sexualities.

"Ummm," Roisin nodded at Sever. "Wild cats. Plural. Owen and Risteard built a shelter for them to go during the rain and cold nights, but for the most part, the litter hunts for it's own food and stays outside, though a few of the cats were able to squirm their way into our rooms one summer." Roisin smiled at the memory of waking up with Seti curled around her and cats sleeping curled against the small of her back, on her chest, behind her knees, against her stomach. It was a nest of warmth and comfort. She also remembered later that day, an arrogant mudblood, a supposed colleague, staggering into their home demanding Father's notes and such. The wild cats and Seti had ensured the conceited man had been put into his place, and into St. Mungo's. He wasn't honored with scars for the litter or Seti. He learned not to drop in ever again, announced or otherwise.

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:50 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin thought. "So... Like feral cats?" He asked. He thought of wild cats as lions and tigers and bob cats. "That's... Interesting" He said. He smiled at his chocolate. He loved his kitty. "She was my exspetance present. My parents got me a pin for my uniform". Chocolate purred and bounced back to sever.

~

User Image

User Image  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games