Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Gryffindor Common Room
Gryffindor Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
60%
 60%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 81

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:09 pm
Tamara "Goldilocks" RadcliffeUser Image

Tammy smiled, even though she picked up on her brother's ill thoughts. He'll get over it, she thought to herself. Then she smiled to Lucy who just entered and gave her a hug. "The story of Tam Lin is an old Gaelic tale, originally told via oration, so there are many versions. The one I like starts with a fair maiden named Margaret going to her father about a property they own, called Carterhaugh. Her father says the property is haunted and that she is to not go to Carterhaugh, but she does not believe him. She goes by the property and plucks a rose from the ground. Suddenly, the image of a man, a young man, appears before her. He demands to know why she is trespassing and has picked his rose. Margaret confronts the spirit and says that Carterhaugh is hers, owned by her family. She then asks the spirit how he came to be there and he tells her. He was the son of the Earl of Forbes, and one day he was hunting when he came by Carterhaugh. There he encountered a faerie, the Faerie Queen. He was taken by her beauty, and her by his. She took him prisoner. She trapped him on Carterhaugh to sacrifice as a tithe to Hell, but she fell in love with him. Alas, he had been trapped here for seventy five years, and could only be saved by his true love." She stopped and took a few good breathes. "You can guess at this point that Margaret was in love his with him. She confessed her love for him, which he confessed back. They..." she paused and sighed. "They consummated their love and he bid her leave the place. He said, 'If you wish to free me, at Miles Cross you must be on Hallowe'en. The Faerie Queen will be sacrificing me when she learns of us.' And so, Margaret returned home and prepared for the night. On the eve, she set out wearing her green cloak, and carried with her only a bottle of holy water. She came to the crossing and waited. She waited until the start of the morning when she heard horses riding on the hill. First, by the black horse came the Faerie King, then by the brown came the Queen, and on the white rode her love, Tam Lin. She snatched him off the horse, then using the holy water made a circle around them and gave cause for the Faeries to stop in their ride. The Faerie Queen, hurt by Tam Lin's betrayal turned him into an adder. But Margaret, she feared him not, and held onto him. Then the Queen turned him into a burning man. But Margaret still held him in her arms and feared him not. Growing furious, the Faerie Queen turned him into a large black dog, but Margaret did not let go. But Margaret's love was stronger then their magic and he turned back to a naked man. The Faerie Queen cursed him and said that she should have paid her tithe to Hell before he escaped. Since they could do nothing else, the Faeries departed and left Tam Lin with Margaret, the father of her child." She finished with a heavy sigh.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:26 pm
LUCY BONKS
“It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.”
< Gryffindor,Second Year,Quidditch Fan >

User Image

"Thanks." Lucy smiled at Indala as she cleaned the spider web off her. She coughed again and listened to Tamara's story attentively.

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImagePan <3  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:27 pm
"Wow" Indala started " I wasn't expecting something like that" she laughed. "I can't imagine what Margaret must have been feeling."

On second thought maybe I can. She was trapped. But she held on to the one she loved and they pulled through together.

A happiness stirred within Indala.

Perhaps that is what I need to do.
She looked around her. Tamara, Will, and Lucy were all new friends and yet she felt close to them.
Some more than others, but still, these people and this place; they are my reason to hold on.

She smiled to herself. She must remember this new revelation.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Tamara picked up on Indala's thoughts and smiled knowingly. "The moral of the story is love is a powerful tool to overcoming imprisonment. It's a moral I think we all hold dearly here," she said, smiling at Indala, as if answering her thoughts.

{And I'm going to bed. It's 2:30 here. Goodnight all!}  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 pm
LUCY BONKS
“It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.”

User Image

Lucy smiled brightly, and, as an idea bumped into her mind, she bolted to the Girls' Dorm to grab her guitar. She rushed back to the Common Room and sat on the floor, beside Tamara.
"My turn to show-off!" she announced proudly, clearing her throat and beginning to sing Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall. She discovered this song last summer, and grew a liking to it even though it wasn't her style much.

((Bye! <3 ))

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImagePan <3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Hearing Tamara put into words, albeit much more eloquently, what she had been thinking, Indala smirked. "Thank you for the story Tamara. I believe that it will live on with me."

When Lucy darted from the room and up the stairs to the Girl's dormitory she looked questioningly at the siblings. They knew her much better after all.
She returned with a guitar and starting singing a song that was very similar to the story that they had just heard.
Indala swayed with the music as she listened. It was upbeat, fun, and made her smile. "You have a lovely voice Lucy."

Indala glanced over at Will. He had been quiet for quite a while.

User Image

((Bed here too. G'night guys!))  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 am
LUCY BONKS

User Image

Lucy stood up and bowed dramatically.
"Merci beaucoup!" she smiled brightly, her British accent wrecking the French, giving blowing kisses to the people in the room. She ended up falling beside Tamara, laughing. She straightened up and cleared her throat again.
"Got something else, too." she muttered as she looked down to her guitar, playing and singing the light rhythm and lyrics of Cant Take It In by Imogen Heap. It's one of her favorite songs, and she kept singing it to herself when she's on her own.

(( It's 9am here XD ))

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:10 am
(( I need you to follow me around and be the soundtrack to my life XD))  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:17 am
(( lol XD fine by me! When do I get paid? ^.^ jk XD ))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:26 pm
"Hey Will," she said to get his attention, and motioned across the room to a pair of chairs by the window on the other side of the common room.
"Want to have that talk?" she mouthed to him.

User Image

((Um you start immediately, and will be paid weekly. ^^ ))  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:38 pm
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will listened to Lucy sing, his mind rummaging through thoughts as if he was studying for a big exam. He was perturbed by his sister's anger towards him and generally in a bad mood now. Undoubtedly his sister would pick up on that. Then Indala addressed him and drew him out of his reverie. "Huh? Oh, what? Yeah, sure. Let's do that." He forced a weak smirk.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Tammy did pick up on her brother's unhappiness and frowned ever so slightly. She sighed to herself and decided she would have to apologize for snapping at him.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:42 pm
"Girls, I hope you don't mind, but Will and I need to have a conversation. I'm gonna steal him for a few min."
She smiled gently at them, and got up, walking toward the chairs she had indicated to him.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Tamara smirked as Indala took possession of her brother.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 pm
William RadcliffeUser Image

He got up and followed Indala over to the corner. In his reverie, he had forgotten what she had wanted to talk about. "So, uh, what did you want to talk about?"  
Gryffindor Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games