Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm
❝I'm gonna hide my heart behind the peacock's fan, and keep my friends real close, yeah this is how it's gonna go.❞

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Zane laughed with the centaur. "Not safe here, not safe at Hogwarts. Proabably not safe at Hogsmeade. Where the hell is safe?" the boy muttered to himself.

The boy felt the centaur standing over him. He could tell he meant business. "You really think that's gonna make me move? I don't give a damn! Not after what's happened," Zane exclaimed, his voice eventually falling into a soft decrescendo, causing the last part to be whispered.

OOC: ---

❝Should I kill you with my sword, yeah? Or should I kill you with this word?❞

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 pm
User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

The boy must've done something to have exiled himself from the school. Serallius knew that Hogwarts has been safe ever since the Second Wizarding War. Perhaps it would explain that loathsome scent coming from the boy. Such a troublesome and stubborn boy.

"When the wind blows East and when the bird sing their lullaby, it is the ultimate peace that brings safety and the feeling of home. It is not a place, but rather your feeling that defines where is safe and where is not," he answered the boy on a whim.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:16 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

The cervine centaur shifted nervously where he was. This situation was making him increasingly more nervous as time passed. As another centaur spoke up from a distance. Looking up he listened to what he said then nodded.
"He is right, safety is a state of mind." he spoke softly. Naaki looked to Ammar, his ears almost flat. "I feel we need to end this soon Ammar...something doesn't sit right with me at the moment" he said backing up rather subconsciously, as if not in control of himself. Slowly he turned his half wide eyed gaze to the boy. "Hogwarts is as safe as you can get. If you are looking for safe..then go there...you will not find any solace here." His hoof scraped the ground before him roughly as a warning for him to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm
User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

Ammar glanced over at where the new voice was coming from and caught sight of another centaur. One he had never seen before. That meant one of two things: either this centaur was part of another neighboring group of centaurs or he was newly born from the forest. By the look of him, the latter might be more likely.

"You, what is your name and who do you hail under?" Ammar galloped to the new centaur, baring down on him to get his information. The older centaur was definitely taller, definitely more built, and his eyes narrowed as he circled the new centaur. His hooves pounded the earth as his chest puffed out, trying to show his dominance in this part of the forest.

He returned to face the front of the centaur. He wanted an answer, and he wanted it now. The intensity in Ammar's eyes showed that much.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 pm
User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Perhaps it was the wrong time to intervene. Certainly, the attention has been drawn on him instead of the boy. Well, Serallius knew it was coming, but not this fast. The eyes were said to be the windows to the soul. Ser did not back down, and stared into the young centaur's eyes. He saw the flames, the unyielding commands.

He instantly softened and bowed to show his respect. "The name is Serallius. I hail from no one's sides, for my loyalty lies to nature," he said sincerely. He lifted his head back up and took a couple steps back, grazing the earth with his hooves.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 pm
❝I'm gonna hide my heart behind the peacock's fan, and keep my friends real close, yeah this is how it's gonna go.❞

User Image

Zane shook his head. "None of you understand. I can never find safety. I'm always going to have to deal with what I've done," he grumbled. The forest may not be safe for a wizard like him, but if he died, then he would never have to deal with the justice that needed to come for what he had done.

OOC: ---

❝Should I kill you with my sword, yeah? Or should I kill you with this word?❞

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
HOGWARTS GRADUATE
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

The woods were quiet at this time of night as Tamara padded through them in her animagus form. As a rather large dog, most of the Forest's creatures left her alone and she had recently befriended the centaurs, so they too should leave her be. She started to near the school and the forest began to thin. Tamara exhaled, her dog breath crystallizing before her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

As Chase dwelled deeper and deeper into the forest, he can't help but feel the eeriness. He thought the name "Eerie Forest" suited the place better. Why was it forbidden anyways? Perhaps it was the dark creates who lived among the thick flora who hunted ferociously. Chase wasn't sure what creatures lived in the forest, so he sped up his speed to quickly get out of the forest. But sadly, the more the walked, the farther away he was from civilization. Little did he know, he was getting more lost than ever.

The stars couldn't show him the way home because tonight, the stars were ignoring him. Neither the brightest star smiled at him, nor the Moon soothed his scarred mind. Chase didn't care that the school might be looking for him, because chances are, they wouldn't notice anyways. Nobody would notice him gone.

His poor physique didn't help him on his quest to get out of Hogwarts though. Before long, he became exhausted from the traveling he did. How many hours had he been walking? One, maybe two, no longer than three. He needed to get in better shape, that he realized. But who cared anyways.

Chase came to an abrupt stop as he almost walked into a gigantic branch, or maybe a gigantic root. He couldn't tell the difference. He looked around, though it seemed unlikely he could go around it. So Chase, in his weakened mental and physical state, decided to climb the root or branch.

The rough outer layer of the plant provided enough friction for Chase to grab on and climb over. He didn't feel the splinters in his hands, or the scratches on his exposed skin of his arms. He didn't feel any pain beside that of his heart and mind. He sat at the top of the branch and sighed. It didn't take him that long to climb it, but it seemed like an eternity. Every second stretched like it lasted for hours, and perhaps even days. Hogwarts seemed so far away now, so distant.

He sat on the root, slightly breathless and felt even worse than before. He was elevated high above the ground, yet he felt like he sunk a thousand feet below ground. The air suffocated him and the heat crisped him to charcoal. If he had looked before he jumped off the branch was that right below is a slight decremental slope covered in rocks.

In mid air, he panicked. Moments before he would land, he lost control of his legs for a split second. But that was enough to send his bad day to worse: He lost his balance and fell forward, sending him face-first into the rocks. Of course, he was fast enough to shield his head with his arms from the rocks. What else could he do? It was a human instinct after all.

He tumbled down the slope for a couple seconds, and that was all it took to changed Chase's life. In extreme pain and unable to walk, he kept his eyes closed and shuffled around until his back hit a tree. He leaned against the plant, which eased the pain from having to support his body. He grunted and clasped his hand on his right hip, which was now bleeding profusely from. He reluctantly opened his eyes to assess the damage.

At first, the colors were blurry, but slowly it became clear. At the base of the tiny slope, there was a blood trail that lead to the tree he was leaning against on. The trail seemed to have widened as his eyes darted from the rocks to where he was. He didn't know how many bones he broke, or how much blood he was losing per second. All he knew was that he was dying and in extreme pain.

His breath became increasingly heavy and Chase started to think. Was he going to die tonight? Will he die alone? He bit his lip as tears flowed down his cheek from the pain on his back, legs, and hip. Perhaps he even injured his head, because he could feel warm liquid dripping down his face. Or maybe he was just imagining things, in his last moment of insanity.

He looked up at the sky with much difficulty. The stars were obstructed by the trees, but he could see them so brightly, like miraculous beings in the sky. He saw the Moon, a graceful lady in pure white. They smiled and worried about him. The sky was dark, but yet, it had a shade of navy blue that reminded him of his mother's caress. The wind reminded him of the soft words she whispered when he was scared. He clenched his teeth, half from the physical pain, half from the emotional pain.

Why weren't these mirages so beautiful back at Hogwarts? Why hadn't he seen it sooner? Why now, when he was bleeding to death? Was fate this cruel? Thousands of questions flowed through Chase's mind as he tried to come to terms that tonight, he will die. But he didn't want to. No matter how much he wished it back at home, back at Hogwarts, now he wished the exact opposite: To live. As his breaths became heavier, he laughed. When his wish was finally granted, he wished he never made those wishes. "I..." he managed to speak. Hi chest hurt as he drew his breaths and courage to speak. "I don't..." he continued. He gave a disgruntled sob before making more effort to speak. "I don't want to die..." he cried.

"Somebody..." he sobbed. He didn't care about anything besides staying alive now. He just wanted to live to see another day, another full moon. He wanted to curl up next to his mother and cry his heart out. He just wanted to be happy, and he thought Death would give him that. "Somebody... Please..." he pleaded to no one.

Nobody would come save him though, because he abandoned everybody. Maybe Sam was right. He was just a selfish prat who deserved nothing, who took everything for granted. But he just wanted to interact with others. Because, like any social outcasts would know, being alone is worse than death itself.

He looked back to the branch and the rocks. A sense of gratitude swept over him as he hoped that he would realize this another way, where he didn't need to sacrifice the rest of his life for his mistake. He closed his eyes and he let a last tear flow, drip, and disappear into the soft soil of the Forbidden Forest.

((He's not dead. And there are many grammatical errors and minor typos I'm sure, so I'll apologize: I'm sorry. :C))

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 pm
User Image

HOGWARTS GRADUATE
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara was padding her ways towards the school, when a breeze blew past carrying a familiar scent. Blood. And human blood by the smell of it. Tamara's ears perked up and she listened for any sounds that might give away the source, but she could hear nothing. She glanced back at the school, then determined that discovering the source of the blood scent was a better use of her time. Breaking out into a run, she headed towards the source, stopping occasionally to smell the air. The scent of blood was getting stronger, so Tammy knew she was nearing its source. She struggled up onto a large root and the smell became intense. Her dog eyes, while black and white, were very keen and she spotted what looked to be a young boy, lying on the ground bleeding. She growled and glanced down at the ground. Growling loudly, she leapt down from the root and wandered out the other side of the tree, compressing her body to get through the thicket of thorns, which provided her easier access to the boy. However, the thorns torn at her fur and skin, leaving long red marks on her. Approaching the boy, she shifted into her human form and dropped to a knee beside him. The boy was paling since he had lost a lot of blood. Tamara knew she needed to stance the bleeding fast. Drawing out her wand from her tattered pocket, she quickly recited the incantation thrice, "Vulnera sanentur, vulnera sanentur, vulnera sanentur." As she did, the bleeding slowed, then stopped altogether, and finally the major wound closed itself. Without looking at the boy, she turned her wand and waved it over his leg, where she could see a broken bone. "Ferula," she said, then repeated the incantation over the boy's mangled hand. Braces and gauze wrapping extended themselves over the injured parts, bracing the damage. The spell also released a pain reliever, so the boy would not feel the injuries much longer. She assessed the other damage to the boy. He seemed delirious.Tammy wished she had brought her bag with her, wherein she has some essence of dittany, a small vial, and some pain reliever. The boy had some other gashes here and there, but none of them too life threatening. She performed a couple other simpler healing spells, but she'd need to get him to the school's nurse soon. "Okay kid, I'm gonna lift you now. Are you ready?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Through the tiny open crack of his eyelids, he saw a blur of color he didn't recognize. A mammal, was it? To gnaw on his remains, probably. But instead of feeling like his life was in further danger, he felt... safe. Like his prayers had been answered. He thought he recognized the animal. Perhaps a wolf or a dog? The only animal close to the blur of colors was Venus. "Ve..." he mumbled weakly.

Before he could try again, he heard sounds, but they all sounded like gibberish. He flinched as he felt the bones in his left snap back into place, and winced in pain. He felt useless as he slipped into unconsciousness, the darkness enveloped him like a protective mother.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm
User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

Ammar scrunched his nose, huffing a quick breath. He analyzed this centaur, looking the being up and down once more. Ammar came to his decision, lifting his head in acceptance.

"Serallius, newly born brother from the forest, join me and my herd," the older centaur nodded his head in finalization, then turned to face the wizard.

He galloped over to the boy, frustrated by his hesitation to go to safety. What wizard would willingly waltz into the forest, knowing the dangers that literally lurked around them. Ammar lost centaurs every day to the mysteries of this forest. The students at the school were told never to wander without supervision into the forest for that very reason.

"At this time, boy, you have no choice. We do not want any trouble from your kind searching our forest for you,"

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 pm
User Image

HOGWARTS GRADUATE
xxxxxxxxxx x x

When the boy did not answer her, she checked him and notices that he had passed out, probably from the pain and blood loss. She checked the boy's vitals and nodded. At least he was stable. She hefted him up and placed him on her back. Conjuring some ropes, she lashed the boy's arms around her shoulders so he would stay on her back. Heaving, she stood up, balancing the boy's weight as well as her own. At least he is light, she thought to herself as she started back towards the school.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm
User Image

HOGWARTS GRADUATE
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara's face was red and she was out of breath as she emerged from the forest, her clothes ripped and bloody. She had Chase still tied tightly to her back. Heaving, she started up the hill towards the school. "Alright kid, we're out of the forest now. Just a short walk up to the school. Then you can get some proper medical treatment." She knew she was talking to an unconscious boy, but the talking helped to comfort her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:11 pm
User Image
Kit Maximas

Transfer Auror from the U.S.

Kit had received Arnolds last words before he had moved out to the forest with Michael following close behind. The man was a strangely silent individual, but as long as he could hold his own in a duel Kit did not care if the man never spoke. The thought that there were two students in the woods did not sit well with the military wizard, as now they would need to identify and check before they engaged any targets of opportunity. Regardless of reason both boys would need to be brought out from the forest if only for their own safety, which meant either having one follow behind them the entire time or paralyzing them both and simply carrying them out. They were not teachers after all and the paralyzing spell was not harming in any way.

"Alright eyes up and head on a swivel, stay ready," with that Kit took his wand from his holster and held it low with his left arm resting just under the shaft.

It was how the American wizards had been trained to fire their wands when engaging a target. The unused arm acted as a rest for the wand shaft giving better stability and a straighter line of sight. All wand motions were quick and small to keep the tip pointed at the target as often as possible. Thankfully many aggressive spells could be fired with little wand motion allowing for the American military wizards to use many of the same tactics as the muggle troops.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 am
User Image
User Image

Bailey had led the rest of the aurors to the forest's edge, and as they penetrated the darkness provided by the tree cover, she told them to "Move South from here. This column of the forest we're in is the most traveled," before suggesting that they, "keep the formation tight and keep watch on all sides." She immediately allowed Kit to take the lead, being so military inclined, and dropped to his right flank, though all of the aurors stuck close in tight cluster.

She nodded her understanding to Kit's advice, then added,
"And don't forget to watch in the trees. Students always seem to think the branches make them invisible from professors, so let's not prove them right." Bailey spoke in a low, rushed whisper, her chocolate brown eyes never lingering in one place.

User Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games