Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Theater (RP)
[S]King of fighters one liners Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:12 am
JoyRose
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee
"So, you're a hunter style fighter,"Rock said, hopping down off of the stage, "This gives me an idea. I want to show you something. Follow me."

Rock was intending on showing Jinxi the hunter's brigade where you got to choose between a gun or a bow. It was found within the arcade that Terry built, so there was no real risk of death, but the pain if shot was definitely real. He stepped into the video game hoping that Jinxi was following him. As soon as he entered, his physical form changed to his saved avatar where he had a sniper's gun strung to his back. He said to Jinxi once she was behind him, "This is Hunter's range and what you do is work on your hunting skills based on the ranged weapons you like best. As you can see, I have a sniper's rifle. Like you mentioned earlier, I too prefer to wait until my foe is in just the right spot just before I kill them. Of course, this is a video game virtual reality center, so while we will feel every shot we take, we won't actually be taking any damage whatsoever. Its a good way to train your style of fighting and to do really good in my father's course at the school. And, the more skills you have, the safer you will be in the Renaissance. Hey, I am not saying you have to devote yourself to fighting. I sure don't. But, its good to have especially in Southtown. Danger can spring up behind you and before you even have a chance to react, you're dead. You almost did die once in the lounge and you were lucky that my mom and dad were monitoring the area."

Jinxi gave an unseen shrug at his appellation "hunter" and followed willingly. He'd shown he cared about her safety so she felt pretty sure he wouldn't knowingly lead her into danger.

She was fascinated by his description of the "video game" center. She eyed his avatar and the rifle it bore with interest, too! While she preferred not to fight at all, she understood on a core level that danger could sometimes only be averted with violence.

Rock looked at her avatar screen and then said, "Okay, lets get you set up here with a weapon of choice. You said you preferred guns, but I think in this case, a bow would be better."

Searching through his own personal collection of ranged weapons, Rock chose a very stylish, yet effective sniper's bow. Then he asked her, "Okay, while holding this bow, tell me how it feels. If its too heavy for you, it shouldn't be, but still, let me know. I have other bows that are just as stylish and effective as that one. Oh, and I made these, by the way."

Jinxi looked surprised but accepted the bow, hefting it for a feel of its weight. "Does it matter if I have absolutely no idea how to shoot a bow?" she asked uncertainly.

"Not right now, no. I will show you how with my own bow. I can switch weapons whenever and I have one with the same strength as my rifle. But if it feels okay, then awesome. Now to get you some gear, like armor. I gotta know your favorite color and your favorite gemstone in order to fit you with the proper gear."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:25 am
empress dee
"Not right now, no. I will show you how with my own bow. I can switch weapons whenever and I have one with the same strength as my rifle. But if it feels okay, then awesome. Now to get you some gear, like armor. I gotta know your favorite color and your favorite gemstone in order to fit you with the proper gear."

Jinxi shrugged and said, "I like pink and black, and my favorite gemstone is pink sapphire."  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:41 am
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi shrugged and said, "I like pink and black, and my favorite gemstone is pink sapphire."

"Okay, that would be pretty easy to make for you, though I would have to sub the pink sapphire for star rubies. They are the same color and more sturdy. The black pieces will be made of Blackrock, which is the strongest iron known, so..your feet are going to feel a bit heavy, but at least you cannot trip. Your gloves will be made of blackrock as well. You will also be wearing a stylish blackrock belt with a single piece of gold for a buckle. Every other piece of armor, including leggings, a helmet, and chest armor will be made of Star Rubies. Give me about 5 minutes and I will craft them all."

Grabbing a portable forge with anvil, Rock had placed it into the ground with a rather loud thud. Some angry animals arose in the process. Without even looking up from his knapsack, Rock, had pulled back the string of Jinxi's already drawn bow, and with one shot, the animals were no more. On the ground in placement of the vaporized creatures were meats and one very shiny object. Rock then asked, "Would you bring that shiny object over for me, Jinxi? It might be useful."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:30 pm
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee

"Okay, that would be pretty easy to make for you, though I would have to sub the pink sapphire for star rubies. They are the same color and more sturdy. The black pieces will be made of Blackrock, which is the strongest iron known, so..your feet are going to feel a bit heavy, but at least you cannot trip. Your gloves will be made of blackrock as well. You will also be wearing a stylish blackrock belt with a single piece of gold for a buckle. Every other piece of armor, including leggings, a helmet, and chest armor will be made of Star Rubies. Give me about 5 minutes and I will craft them all."

Grabbing a portable forge with anvil, Rock had placed it into the ground with a rather loud thud. Some angry animals arose in the process. Without even looking up from his knapsack, Rock, had pulled back the string of Jinxi's already drawn bow, and with one shot, the animals were no more. On the ground in placement of the vaporized creatures were meats and one very shiny object. Rock then asked, "Would you bring that shiny object over for me, Jinxi? It might be useful."

Jinxi was startled at the instant vaporization of so many animals at once, but she did as asked and brought Rock the shiny thing. "What is it?" she asked.  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 pm
JoyRose
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi was startled at the instant vaporization of so many animals at once, but she did as asked and brought Rock the shiny thing. "What is it?" she asked.

"This little beauty is an enhancement gem. Your gear will be so much sturdier and you will be able to deflect attacks. The food we can actually bring out of this game and have Ma cook it up. Shredded meat is usually very tasty. But, now you've seen what your bow can do and how you use it. Just pull back the string as far as you can without the wood snapping and then let the string go. Simple, right? The farther you pull it back, the more enemies that bow will destroy at once. The arrows are automatically equipped so you won't need to worry about that and I can make a bow like this outside of the game. The thing is, you kind of got to prove you can handle it first. Luckily, those creatures were only minor. They are skittish, but they come in many numbers. Its when we have to hunt the larger creatures as is this game's idea to beat it, is when we will have to work as a team. There is one particular boss that I needed another hunter with me. So, it works out."

With great speed and accuracy, Rock had made the gloves, the helm, and the chest piece. He got off of his knees and said, "Try these gloves on and see how they fit. If need be, I can either shrink them or expand them."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:41 am
empress dee
"This little beauty is an enhancement gem. Your gear will be so much sturdier and you will be able to deflect attacks. The food we can actually bring out of this game and have Ma cook it up. Shredded meat is usually very tasty. But, now you've seen what your bow can do and how you use it. Just pull back the string as far as you can without the wood snapping and then let the string go. Simple, right? The farther you pull it back, the more enemies that bow will destroy at once. The arrows are automatically equipped so you won't need to worry about that and I can make a bow like this outside of the game. The thing is, you kind of got to prove you can handle it first. Luckily, those creatures were only minor. They are skittish, but they come in many numbers. Its when we have to hunt the larger creatures as is this game's idea to beat it, is when we will have to work as a team. There is one particular boss that I needed another hunter with me. So, it works out."

With great speed and accuracy, Rock had made the gloves, the helm, and the chest piece. He got off of his knees and said, "Try these gloves on and see how they fit. If need be, I can either shrink them or expand them."

Jinxi tried on the gloves. "Maybe just a little smaller?" she suggested. She thought the fit was pretty good for just eyeballing it.

Then she took the bow in hand. It was obvious to Rock from the way she was holding it that she had never held a bow of any kind in her hands before. The tension she put on the string was wrong, the position of her hands wasn't quite right, although it was clear she'd watched Rock and was doing better than she would have without his model. Her aim was also off.

(OOC: I've shot bows and guns, and the skill set is very different, so Jinxi will have a bit of a learning curve before she'll be proficient with the bow unless the bow and/or the computer program can offset that lack of skill. I know I am terrible at bowling, but on a Wii I'm very good because the skills are actually very different on the Wii than in real life. So I'll leave the results of her efforts in your hands, knowing her total lack of skill.)  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:00 am
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi tried on the gloves. "Maybe just a little smaller?" she suggested. She thought the fit was pretty good for just eyeballing it.

Then she took the bow in hand. It was obvious to Rock from the way she was holding it that she had never held a bow of any kind in her hands before. The tension she put on the string was wrong, the position of her hands wasn't quite right, although it was clear she'd watched Rock and was doing better than she would have without his model. Her aim was also off.

(OOC: I've shot bows and guns, and the skill set is very different, so Jinxi will have a bit of a learning curve before she'll be proficient with the bow unless the bow and/or the computer program can offset that lack of skill. I know I am terrible at bowling, but on a Wii I'm very good because the skills are actually very different on the Wii than in real life. So I'll leave the results of her efforts in your hands, knowing her total lack of skill.)

(The feel of the bow for Jinxi is what we are going for here because in an upcoming scene, her and Rock will have to team up using their archery skills. Plus, the way these video games in the Renaissance are designed more for educational purposes so, the feel of the bow in the game will feel the same in the Galaxy. Rock will show her his collection of weapons later in the RP when they visit Azeroth after something happens to Dee.)

Rock smiled, "That was actually pretty good for your first time with a bow. Believe me. My first time with any ranged weapon was pretty bad. I had to repeat year 4 like 7 times already in Southtown Finishing school until I finally got the hang of it. You learn how to use a bow and a gun prior to that and the school does take you on a field trip in Orientation at the start of year 4 to an actual hunting ground where its your life or theirs. The animals you face in the real world...scary is the best word to describe it and I am one of them hardcore fighters. And I would hate for you to faint because a stag was charging at you and you weren't quick enough. Unfortunately, school rules says that on the actual field trip only teachers are allowed to bail students out of trouble. Training now is so important, plus like right now, we don't have to worry about our lives so, we can really have some fun with something that would make us feel uncomfortable in a death match situation."

Being handed back the gloves, Rock chipped a bit off of the fingers and then welded them to being smaller. "Okay, try the gloves now. They should feel better."

Rock looked in his inventory and pulled out a set of golden ones for his own hands and put them on to show Jinxi how they should look and how they should feel. He also equipped his own bow, the one that was the male version of the one Jinxi had to show her how it was supposed to look. He repeatedly drew back the string on his bow to show her the different effects. The first shot he took with it landed 5 arrows pretty close to their feet, but in no danger of striking them.

He said, "Even at the weakest setting, you won't ever slice your own bod with these weapons as I just demonstrated. The weaker the pull, the closer those arrows are going to land. By the way, these bows are called Quincies. The arrows are automatic because they are a reflection of our own fighting spirit. You only shot three the last time because it was obvious practice and you notice the difference between your weakest and mine. Yours went farther."

Looking at a prime target for some honey, Rock aimed his quincy bow at a beehive and nailed it. The obvious angry bees were going to attack them, but Rock was faster than the insects and nailed them all with a second strike. The bees all vaporized leaving 5 jars of honey on the ground, which Rock picked up. "Ma was short on honey this morning and I just remembered that she asked me to pick some up."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:57 pm
empress dee
Rock smiled, "That was actually pretty good for your first time with a bow. Believe me. My first time with any ranged weapon was pretty bad. I had to repeat year 4 like 7 times already in Southtown Finishing school until I finally got the hang of it. You learn how to use a bow and a gun prior to that and the school does take you on a field trip in Orientation at the start of year 4 to an actual hunting ground where its your life or theirs. The animals you face in the real world...scary is the best word to describe it and I am one of them hardcore fighters. And I would hate for you to faint because a stag was charging at you and you weren't quick enough. Unfortunately, school rules says that on the actual field trip only teachers are allowed to bail students out of trouble. Training now is so important, plus like right now, we don't have to worry about our lives so, we can really have some fun with something that would make us feel uncomfortable in a death match situation."

Being handed back the gloves, Rock chipped a bit off of the fingers and then welded them to being smaller. "Okay, try the gloves now. They should feel better."

Rock looked in his inventory and pulled out a set of golden ones for his own hands and put them on to show Jinxi how they should look and how they should feel. He also equipped his own bow, the one that was the male version of the one Jinxi had to show her how it was supposed to look. He repeatedly drew back the string on his bow to show her the different effects. The first shot he took with it landed 5 arrows pretty close to their feet, but in no danger of striking them.

He said, "Even at the weakest setting, you won't ever slice your own bod with these weapons as I just demonstrated. The weaker the pull, the closer those arrows are going to land. By the way, these bows are called Quincies. The arrows are automatic because they are a reflection of our own fighting spirit. You only shot three the last time because it was obvious practice and you notice the difference between your weakest and mine. Yours went farther."

Looking at a prime target for some honey, Rock aimed his quincy bow at a beehive and nailed it. The obvious angry bees were going to attack them, but Rock was faster than the insects and nailed them all with a second strike. The bees all vaporized leaving 5 jars of honey on the ground, which Rock picked up. "Ma was short on honey this morning and I just remembered that she asked me to pick some up."

Jinxi was pleasantly surprised at her facility with the unfamiliar weapon. After Rock altered her gloves, she tried them on again, pronouncing them a perfect fit.
Helping gather the jars of honey, her eyes twinkled at Rock's explanation. "Wow," she said, "shopping trips here are much more exciting than my faulty memory would suggest they were back home." She giggled a little.  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:38 pm
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi was pleasantly surprised at her facility with the unfamiliar weapon. After Rock altered her gloves, she tried them on again, pronouncing them a perfect fit.
Helping gather the jars of honey, her eyes twinkled at Rock's explanation. "Wow," she said, "shopping trips here are much more exciting than my faulty memory would suggest they were back home." She giggled a little.

Rock giggled as well, "That they are. Okay, next, try these boots on. Now remember, they are supposed to feel heavy, but not so heavy that you cannot walk in them nor are they supposed to feel like they are squishing your toes together."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:56 am
empress dee
Rock giggled as well, "That they are. Okay, next, try these boots on. Now remember, they are supposed to feel heavy, but not so heavy that you cannot walk in them nor are they supposed to feel like they are squishing your toes together."

Jinxi tried on the oddly heavy boots. She quirked her mouth at the feel of them, but was pretty sure that was what they were supposed to feel like given how Rock had described them. "Why are they so heavy?" she asked.  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 am
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi tried on the oddly heavy boots. She quirked her mouth at the feel of them, but was pretty sure that was what they were supposed to feel like given how Rock had described them. "Why are they so heavy?" she asked.

"They are made of black rock iron, which means its like wearing a wrought iron piece of furniture on your feet. They will help you with your balancing problem and help you to walk better. Plus, since we are both hunters, we want to be as stable as possible. Try walking in them a bit. I know they are heavy, and I know they will make you feel slow, but, you will stay on your feet at least and by the time supper rolls around or the next meal, when we return to the lounge, you will feel like you can move much faster and stay up instead of tripping over your own feet. I have heavier boots on just so you know. But, I have been training with these for at least 3 months and still not used to the weight yet. In that sense, we are both learning how to stay on our feet better."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:34 pm
empress dee
"They are made of black rock iron, which means its like wearing a wrought iron piece of furniture on your feet. They will help you with your balancing problem and help you to walk better. Plus, since we are both hunters, we want to be as stable as possible. Try walking in them a bit. I know they are heavy, and I know they will make you feel slow, but, you will stay on your feet at least and by the time supper rolls around or the next meal, when we return to the lounge, you will feel like you can move much faster and stay up instead of tripping over your own feet. I have heavier boots on just so you know. But, I have been training with these for at least 3 months and still not used to the weight yet. In that sense, we are both learning how to stay on our feet better."

Jinxi moved clumsily in them, finally tripping over them and nearly breaking her ankle as the boots tried to keep her on her feet against gravity. "This is going to take some getting used to!" she muttered. "It's not my balance that's bad as much as my coordination," she explained somewhat apologetically.  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:04 pm
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi moved clumsily in them, finally tripping over them and nearly breaking her ankle as the boots tried to keep her on her feet against gravity. "This is going to take some getting used to!" she muttered. "It's not my balance that's bad as much as my coordination," she explained somewhat apologetically.

"You think that's bad, watch me." Attempting to move, and unable to do so, Rock let "one" go out of failing. He blushed when he farted, but at least his point was made. "Be thankful that you aren't wearing my style of boots."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:38 pm
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee

"You think that's bad, watch me." Attempting to move, and unable to do so, Rock let "one" go out of failing. He blushed when he farted, but at least his point was made. "Be thankful that you aren't wearing my style of boots."

Jinxi nodded. "I believe I'm very grateful indeed!" she admitted. Then she resumed practicing walking in the heavy clunkers.  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:47 pm
JoyRose
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee

Jinxi nodded. "I believe I'm very grateful indeed!" she admitted. Then she resumed practicing walking in the heavy clunkers.

After about 3 hours, Rock was finally able to move in his boots, but the resulting shockwave of each step he took roused several aggressive beasts. Rock managed to get 50 of the 75 charging at them, but was unable to get the rest. His HP was dropping fast and if Jinxi didn't do something, Rock wasn't going to make it.  
Village Theater (RP)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games