Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Home Base Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:40 pm
Shun froze in place as America's words caused him to halt. The shadow dagger vanished from his grip.

"We need to..." he started before dropping to his own knees. He still burned. He didn't think he could take much more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:40 pm
"Who is they?" Temperance asked the Burning Man. She'd stepped back to Ezra and now hovered over him, in an attempt to heal him further. She patted Mila absently on the knee, drawing some of Mila's power towards Ezra like fine, gossamer threads. He needed just a bit more... Her hair smoldered, just the ends, but she ignored it.

"Mila, can you put him out, please?"

HP: 13/30
Burning Stacks: one
Turn: healing Ezra.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:42 pm
SPARE (judgement / bind)

Nasir shuddered as the wave hit, glad that both Trouble and Bud were not nearby and somewhere safe. He was, in fact, mostly ignoring that parts of his clothing were on fire. This was because Alexis was bleeding and burning and unconscious right in front of him and Wil.

Panic set in, Nasir crawling forward (a pained noise escaping) as he clearly made a gesture to suck away the oxygen at the fire that was still on Alexis and put it out. "We have to stop the bleeding, Wil, we have to stop the bleeding-"

He was a broken record, on repeat. Later he would tell Wil that he saved him from the worst of it, that both him and Alexis had broken the wave of fire, but right now he was concerned about making sure Alexis did not die.

A glance was given towards the Burning Man, his eyes hard. "What about you? What about what you did? You should pay. Face your crimes."

HP: 23
BURN: one stack
TURN: burn stack removal on alexis

iloveyouDIE
nasir is cooked and freaking out still

Daekie
burning stack removal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:47 pm
"My daughters," said the Burning Man. "If there'd never been a Court, they would've had normal lives. They could have lived their time. Like all of you got to."

He tried to push himself to his feet. His knees gave out and he went back down.

"Let all of you live out ******** eternity alone," he said. "Alone and in pain. The innocent didn't need to be harmed. They could have their lives back. You ******** deserve--what you did to me--"  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm
KILL

His shield scattered instantly, and as the Burning Man's flames seared Chester's skin and clothes, he grit his teeth and held back all audible indicators of pain. Something smacked into him, no, some one, and as he opened his eyes and saw who it was through his now faintly warped glasses, he dropped to his knees, pressed his hands to her shoulders and shook once, despite her burns. Once he was sure she was breathing, he banked the flames still lingering on her clothing and hair with an angry thought and glared at the Burning Man.

"Bring your daughters here so they can die with you. I'd love to watch."

He bent low, nudging Preacher much more gently this time.

HP: 18/50
burning stack: 2
[ removing burning stack on preacher ]

The Semblance of Unity

KILL

Horace arrived late, in a cult-y robe with Starbucks. Maybe it was just the after effects of the magic, but it felt like he could... feel Ollie and Eli. It wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, but it was strange. He rolled his shoulders. Honestly, this floor was a ******** mess. Snippets of conversation filtered to his ears and he frowned.

"I..." He leaned against a wall, licking his thumb and putting out a small flame that lingered there. "You guys realize he doesn't care about you, any of you, right? We were all simply means to his own end. I saw your stupid, lying letter that you sent her." Horace's eyes were fixed on the Burning Man. This man used and he used. "He's only a creature of revenge."

He made weak finger guns at the crowd of people. "The good news is that destruction works pretty well." Then he sighed, looked around. Think it's time to play firemen. I think... we did it.

melancholies
saedusk

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

SPARE ((contain/put on trial, save judgement for later when people aren't on fire))

((warning for language, minor gore mention for burns, stop drop and roll is important kids))

Lily tried to cover her face at the last second, but it held back nothing of the storm to come. She crumpled to her knees in the blast, overtaken by the pain. Her skin flaked and roiled and bubbled, and where her clothes didn't smoke and flake away they began to melt in dark rivulets that clung to her body like ruined eyeliner. It was probably a bad sign that she couldn't feel the rush of cool air when it ended, but when there was no longer a force buffeting her backwards Lily gingerly opened her eyes under the guard of her arms, peeking out from scorched hands to see the being on his knees.

"Dude," she whispered, maybe because Shun teleported with lethal intent or maybe because out of all the crispy bodies in the court, Eve had just delivered the worst burn of them all. And then, just like the blast, panic rose and overtook her and reminded her that yes, she was still very much on fire, and in her surprise she let out a shrill squeak as she began to cover her own body in ********> ******** Christ on a cracker," she croaked, her vocal cords as dry and smoky as the rest of her. "That just happened. That really just ******** happened."

It was hard to focus on whatever trial was happening when half of her was on fire and half of her was covered in melting slush snow and all of her looked like a melted goth doll and smelled like burning hair. "Cool motive, still murder, but if the court keeps being a murder zoo, then it ******** sucks," she spat out, her voice still quivering and panicked. "Just...I dunno, put him on trial or whatever, do some magic democracy."

She fell sideways in the remaining snow, begging for some relief. Everything was happening all at once and it was entirely too much.

HP: 3/30
Burning Stacks: 2 -> 1
Action: Put out one burning stack on self  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 pm
"It began with a terrible act. And then it went on and on and on with more and more terrible acts. He's the end final result of it," America gestured weakly at what remained of the Burning Man. "If we keep doing the same ******** things, we'll have a new charter and the same ******** problems. We need to be better than our past selves who made the thing in the first place. We need to be better than him, who thought he could right a wrong by doing worse."

She paused, panting slightly, and addressed Ezra, "Nobody should have to live outside the cycles the way you have, but I don't think you stopped caring. I think you stopped growing."

HP: 3
Burning stack: 1

blade kuroda
shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 pm
gore probs. don't get set on fire kids

Nasir put out the fire, and their breathing got -- a little better, maybe. Alexis still sounded like every rattling breath their body managed to force would shatter the rest of them.

Without the fire to mask it, heat altering the air; they really did look bad. A good amount of inches of their braid had burned so badly as to be colorless, and the hair above that were still brittle, smoke-dyed. The fire had burnt through their shirt, their binder underneath, barely leaving char against their ruined skin; all up their back from the waist and above, angry red all over their neck.

They were face-down, still. Their arms weren't worth talking about. Broken skin and blisters, their fingertips blackened; it was a mess.

HP: -7, unconscious, taking -1 per round
Burn Stacks: 0

azuredreams

iloveyoudie
wil proximity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:04 pm
The fire that was on Cass was taken next, Jeremiah pulling the fire to himself. It looked as if it seeped into the icy scales on his skin. Aside from his clothing, it looked as if he was mostly alright. Algie and Cass and others were the ones that needed tending to.

He looked back towards the Burning Man and, somehow, he thought he understood. "... and what of the fact that we're trying to give them lives back? We are trying to fix the mistakes of the past but you decide to take that from us. You could not trust us to change at all."

Now, more than ever, he thought he had an inkling as to why they had said Father was mad at him. When Horace spoke, he knew that was the truth but some part of him was disappointed that, in the end, the Burning Man was trapped by his own goals and needs for revenge.

At least he had been looking out for July and September.

... and perhaps it was for them that he would not be able to see him killed this day because they were innocent, just as the Burning Man had been once upon a time.

demon_pachabel
stack of fire gone

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:08 pm
"Why should I? Why should I trust any of you? I know where that leads."

He looked up at Chester, or directed his face towards him anyway. "I know where that ******** leads."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:09 pm
"If the innocent were going to be spared, why did I see myself dead? I never was part of the Charter. Not that I know why but-" Another gesture and the fire was out on both him and Wil, Nasir gathering energy as he spoke at the Burning Man while trying to tend to Alexis.

His hands pressed to their skin before he simply pulled off his ruined glasses and rubbed at his watery eyes. Hands back on their clothing, what pieces of it there were, he was trying to heal them. To give what he could. Come on, wake up, wake up ... his mental voice was shakier than his actual voice.

"You were going to hurt innocents by doing this, so as far as I'm concerned, you're full of s**t. America's right, you stopped growing and became blinded by your need for what you believed to be right and revenge."

Daekie
tending

iloveyouDIE
fire out

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:16 pm
"You were trying to kill me," said the burning man. "I am on fire. If you died because you punched a man on fire, how would that be my fault? I wasn't attacking you until you took my physical form away."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:24 pm
"And you tried to kill Pride," Temperance said. Death begot more death and that theme was old and tiring.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:25 pm
Nasir opened his mouth and then shut it. That- that actually made sense. Except that he was a little freaked out and seeing himself killing a man and then burning and then being dead-

Those things weren't him were they? No, Nasir could not actually kill a man and this was why he wanted him to be judged. (Yet he had still misunderstood what he had seen in the mirror all the same. It was not as if he understood scrying.)

Instead he focused on trying to heal Alexis.

"... by that line of thought," said Nasir to the Burning Man, "you can't be surprised we tried to stop you from what you were doing. You were going to do away with our loved ones and you clearly understand the lengths people will go for those they love and their family."

Daekie
still getting heals

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas