Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Haru Yates
Haru Yates

I do own Kaneki's ghoul mask irl. It's not kid-friendly. (looks pretty creepy heart )

Rad dude  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

So it can only affect one target? Not a group? Isn't that kinda... not that useful? (I'd imagine that a smarter enemy would not travel alone. Unless it's more of a hunting spell...)
And how would the spell know if it was a fight or a social encounter? neutral[

No it just puts a wall around the entire battlefield so it can have 100 people in it depending on how big the current battlefield is

As for other things, as you said great for hunting, other social encounters it has basically no use unless you use it as a threat or something but it was made so you could reliably kill things without them running or calling out for help

Holy--! 100 people? With no time restraint? You realize that that means that as long as I can remain undetected, I could potentially start a miniature war by forcing the captured occupants to fight over food after 40 hours of capture? (assuming I have my own rations to hold out with.)
Not that I'd ever do that. Might be a good idea to restrict boundaries to "as far as you can see., or restrict the number of enemies contained to no more than 20. (and that's pushing it.)

Also, I do see it as a great intimidation tool. (or something to prevent a target from fleeing when you confronted.) You could drive somebody mad if you make them believe they're trapped forever. It also ensures that they can't be rescued by stalling for time if prevents others on the outside from interfering.

Also, does it prevent others on the outside from interfering?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:45 pm
Haru Yates

Yes, there is no in or out
Also yeah you could try to start a war but if they kill you the spell would end and you would need to be in it so you would need to hide very well for a long time and still be able to access your rations as you are hiding so just turning into a Shadow wouldn't work
And driving someone mad would take a good amount of time, and people know that all spells are broken when someone dies so that might just make them attack you out of fear  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yes, there is no in or out
Also yeah you could try to start a war but if they kill you the spell would end and you would need to be in it so you would need to hide very well for a long time and still be able to access your rations as you are hiding so just turning into a Shadow wouldn't work
And driving someone mad would take a good amount of time, and people know that all spells are broken when someone dies so that might just make them attack you out of fear

True, but if you introduce torture, then they may cooperate for the sake of their health. When intimidating an enemy, fear is what makes them talk!

On the other hand, this spell could potentially be abused to buy time. If you were to use it to entrap you and your allies in a space, then you could potentially create a safe place for you and your party to rest without interruption. Although I'd assume that the caster must be conscious to keep up the spell, so sleep may be an issue. Getting surrounded may also be an issue. (how might this spell work? like a dark wall/dome? or is it's effect invisible?)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

And driving someone mad would take a good amount of time

effects of madness could be accelerated with some sort of confusion spell. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:09 pm
Haru Yates

True, but if you introduce torture, then they may cooperate for the sake of their health. When intimidating an enemy, fear is what makes them talk!

On the other hand, this spell could potentially be abused to buy time. If you were to use it to entrap you and your allies in a space, then you could potentially create a safe place for you and your party to rest without interruption. Although I'd assume that the caster must be conscious to keep up the spell, so sleep may be an issue. Getting surrounded may also be an issue. (how might this spell work? like a dark wall/dome? or is it's effect invisible?)

It is a dome of darkness, yeah, staying awake is also a requirement because falling unconscious breaks spells, and torture again would just start a fight and yeah buying time works but you would need to do it before starting a fight so it wouldn't do much also for buying time there is an earth spell that works way better
(14)Sit- cover yourself in incredibly hard stone that even you cannot break, you can't move, take DMG, or deal DMG in this state, the stone will vanish after 1 day  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:12 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

effects of madness could be accelerated with some sort of confusion spell. emotion_yatta

Yeah planning out a lot of status based spells  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:16 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

It is a dome of darkness, yeah, staying awake is also a requirement because falling unconscious breaks spells, and torture again would just start a fight and yeah buying time works but you would need to do it before starting a fight so it wouldn't do much also for buying time there is an earth spell that works way better
(14)Sit- cover yourself in incredibly hard stone that even you cannot break, you can't move, take DMG, or deal DMG in this state, the stone will vanish after 1 day

Sit sounds like petrify (assuming you don't get hungry).

When you say I'd have to do it before starting a fight, how does the spell know why your using it? Does it need to be cast with hostility or intent to do harm or something? (Whatchu mean by "need to do it before starting a fight?" It can't be used outside of an encounter?)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yeah planning out a lot of status based spells

In that case, you may be interested in spells that cause disorientation/drunk (the target behaves as if intoxicated, or the target can not maintain their balance effectively), Invoke fear (basically intimidation in spell form. Causes enemies to quake with fear, lowering accuracy), or something like a curse spell that causes random status ailments. (or wait- does that spell exist already?)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:28 pm
Xa44

Something like Final Fantasy's "demi" spell might be interesting too. (Demi shrinks the target. They take more damage in that form.)

Or a ability to grant temporary darkvision (like infrared).  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 pm
Haru Yates

Dark vision sounds way too weak, plus with 2 moons would you need dark vision?
For most the status based spells the problem is if there was a spell that is just target inflict status, that isn't really interesting and that makes it hard to have a lot of spells that do status ailments
But a do a random status ailment spell will be a thing because I love random, but established what different statuses are would be first

And the spell just kinda knows because magic, and I was saying to buy time because if you did it in a fight the enemys would be trapped with you  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Dark vision sounds way too weak, plus with 2 moons would you need dark vision?
For most the status based spells the problem is if there was a spell that is just target inflict status, that isn't really interesting and that makes it hard to have a lot of spells that do status ailments
But a do a random status ailment spell will be a thing because I love random, but established what different statuses are would be first

And the spell just kinda knows because magic, and I was saying to buy time because if you did it in a fight the enemys would be trapped with you

...I'm still not understanding your "before a fight" explanation. (Not sure if it's a lack of punctuation, of if it's just me. Are you trying to say that it can only apply to encounters? (be them social or battle)

Darkvision is the ability to see in darkness as if it were daylight. I always figured that Terran, as a half-vampire, would have low-light vision (like dwarves and drow, and stuff, where they can see in dim-light as if it was daylight, and darkness as if it were dim light up to a certain distance), but even he can not see well in pitch darkness. It's more useful in dungeons than it is in a field.

(goodnight)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:57 pm
Haru Yates

...I'm still not understanding your "before a fight" explanation. (Not sure if it's a lack of punctuation, of if it's just me. Are you trying to say that it can only apply to encounters? (be them social or battle)

The spell always covers the battlefield you do not get to decide how big it is, you said you could use it to buy time but because of the way it works you couldn't mid fight put the party in a bubble and heal. Only way you could use it to heal up is by using it before a fight, but there is no reason to because you could just heal normally  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:00 am
Xa44
Haru Yates
BTW, nice avi. 3nodding

Thank flutflut for that(I love Tokyo ghoul)

I just realized that my brain has gotten so used to auto-correcting your spelling, grammer, and punctuation that my brain read this as "Thanks, flutflut, for that." So disregard that comment about being the other flutflut. Guess you didn't mix us up after all!  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:50 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

The spell always covers the battlefield you do not get to decide how big it is, you said you could use it to buy time but because of the way it works you couldn't mid fight put the party in a bubble and heal. Only way you could use it to heal up is by using it before a fight, but there is no reason to because you could just heal normally

so it really is useless outside of an encounter then.

I was talking to Bored Reckless and she is thinking that she wants her character to be a water mage. She was wondering about a spell to manipulate the form and shape of water. (So a basic water manipulation spell.) Not sure if it could be caused by the same spell (like an effect based on how you use it) or if it would be a completely different spell, but the ability to cause water to pressureize, expand, or suddenly burst through a pipe that you can see (or a kettle, or a barrel, or a bottle, etc.). Something water-based that could case a distraction for a thief to steal stuff.
She was also wondering about a water-themed barrier spell.

I also wanted to ask about a spell to manipulate the size and shape of flames, as well as a spell to change the colour of flames or water (and/or consistency of water) . A spell to create objects and sculptures out of ice would also be useful, as would an ice wall/barrier spell.
In fact, a basic spell for each element to manipulate the element would be good in general. It's simple and adds variety,(not to mention more options).

finally, is your Disarming Darkness spell the same as my Shadow Capture Bind spell? Like, exactly the same?  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games