Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_nightmare90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 am
.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.
Ahhh.

Best one ever.

Dumb "popular girls" looking at your nails and exclaiming "OMG GOTHS GET MANICURES?!?!?"

That drives me insane.

((And it really happened.))

But here's my general list::

1.) Getting stared at by people when I walk around.

2.) Children staring at me like I just walked out of the freak show.

3.) People asking me if I'm in secret cults ((I am, actually. But it's just a stupid little one my friend and I made up.))

4.) Vice Principals. No more needs to be said.

5.) Parents who try to change your style, as it was stated.

6.) Having to turn my armband inside out for school. I have nothing to fear, but I just don't want to risk letting people see my gay rights triangle.

7.) People asking if you have an infatuation with skulls.

8.) People assuming right off the bat that I only listen to death metal. I like every kind of music, thank you. I do not close my mind and limit myself to one genre.

9.) People looking at me and asking, "Do you own anything in colour?"

10.) Stupid people who think I know curses and can put "a plague on both your houses!" ((Literally, as people tend to have two houses up here.))

11.) Stupid, stereotyping people.

12.) The fact that people think my chain is somehow a leash gonk

13.) When people try to make off with my wallet just to test my chain. ((I grab it back everytime. My lunch money is in it! D=))

Ehh they're all petty complaints based around how I look. But still, they get annoying after a while.
Dude, we need to hang...really. OK, yea. so i have another thing to add to the list and I donno if it was said. as I was reading all of the listings of people's lives pretty much, I couldn't help but smile because most of them applied to me. Well, still apply. If anyone on here wants to add me, because I'm a great listener of problems, or because I can relate, that's just fine.....but, here's my list......

1. People calling me a vampire and saying that I kill people who move away......(they go missing and though they tell everyone, I get blamed)
2. I raise the dead....(just cause I walk around at night and drive the the cemetary when I can, doesn't mean anything. (I work nights so I can go to school so...yea.)
3. People who try to push my buttons.
4. People who are afraid of me and don't even know me.
5. People who say they're goth just because they wear black, and black isn't even a real goth thing, you can be goth and wear bright pink. I wouldn't do it, but I've seen it done.
6. getting stuck on chairs.....TRYPP pants, though comfy, can be annoying when the chains can't come off.
7. When I get my locker and belonging searched for:
A. Drugs
B. Weapons
or
C. Sacrificial things..... (this is literally what my principal said he was searching JUST my locker for......but not the crack-head above me.....)
8. When people see me and avoid me, even if they know me.
9. When my friend's parents tell me I can'[t hang out with their well-behaved kids.
10. When people think I ride around on broomsticks because my cat has a black face.....simease....NOT A BLACK CAT PEOPLE!

And I just felt like writing the # 11. biggrin Hope all is well with you all...Blessed be. ADD ME!!!! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:37 am
Angel Princess, the exact same here. I am actually responsible for turning one of my friends goth.... funny thing: her parents at first thought she was in the occult, after realizing she was attending church and church related activites more than ever they quit that (she started going with me to my youth group). Well, her grades started dropping, so they assumed she was ditching school and doing drugs (although she doesn't have a car, our school calls home whenever someone is not accounted for in class even if it was called in, she doesn't have a job or anyway to get money to buy drugs, and she is never allowed to leave the house). Oh, and then she broke up with her boyfriend who was her first love, and her parents assumed because she was so upset that she had been having sex with him (when she has never even made-out with anyone). And now because, like all people, she is slightly emotional, they think she has a mental problem and want to get her checked out. Oh, and for all this stuff she didn't even do, she is grounded till summer. Funny thing, her parents havn't gone to church once in 8 years, they would throw a fit if they knew she was protestant instead of catholic now (she is a bit scared to tell them that), and obviously.... they have a mental issue.... and they don't want her to hang out with any of her "goth" friends anymore.... even though I'm the only one... and I don't curse infront of adults, don't have any piercings, and I've seen less R-rated movies, just for an example, than her.
Yeah, it's pretty messed up. I pity her. Well, atleast things are not as bad as they were, she has been taking her punishment without a single word of complaint.  

Angel of the End

XJetXBlackXHeart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:09 pm
The biggest pain is when people at my school try to act like their goth.

And when the teachers or principals tell people that wear the tripp pants that we have to wear something else. Its stupid.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 am
User Image

So very many of the things listed make me glad I'm no longer in high school...

User Image

therealkarity

Fashionable Genius

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:35 pm
Hmm I think my biggest annoyance may be keeping cat fuzz and baking ingredients off of my black clothes.
I did have an interesting altercation a while back. I was walking to meet my SO for a walk around the botanical gardens here and I had my paper parasol as the sun is awful in the south. Some frat kid yelled "Your not chinese!" at me from a bar....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 pm
I personally would of yelled back, "Yeah! But I'm not fat either!"  

Angel of the End

Veronica090

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm
(I'm sure some of these have already been done but smile

~Not telling the difference between emo and Goth. burning_eyes
~People who think you're Goth solely b/c no one else likes you
~People who think you're Goth for shock appeal only
~Whenever something goes wrong, everyone looks at you (especially if you wear a trenchcoat in public)
~Everyone assumes all Goths are the same with no diversity  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:13 am
***** class="quoted">1) The people that walk up and touch you and/or harass you on some dare. Then after you ignore they're lame advances of "hey you. Goth girl." they run back to their friends like they've completed some major feat. "Holy crap, I annoyed a goth and I wasn't killed by a demon she summoned! I'm invincible!"

This is my biggest thing. People seem to think that because you dress differently, that you can treat them like less of a person.

totally agreed. that's my biggest problem with this s**t.  

ii-See-Stars-x

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:49 pm
Schreiben Engel

werd
Also...this just came to mind...another thing that really bugs me is other goths. Apparently, I'm not"one of them" because pink is my favorite color.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:41 pm
Hyena_Queen
Schreiben Engel

werd
Also...this just came to mind...another thing that really bugs me is other goths. Apparently, I'm not"one of them" because pink is my favorite color.
Don't bother yourself with them too much. Enjoy being an anomaly. xd  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:23 pm
XWraith_LordX
Hyena_Queen
Schreiben Engel

werd
Don't bother yourself with them too much. Enjoy being an anomaly. xd

I try to avoid them....been trying to avoid a lot of people lately...kinda sad really.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:26 pm
I'm kind of punk/goth and I hang out with a girl who everybody calls 'emo' {ex: how'z it going emo? Didn't kill yourself yet?} So I'm automatically labeled 'emo' too. What the ******** is that? And then some dude cumz up to me. here'z how it went:
him: are u emo?
me: no
him: then why are you wearng black?
me: because i like black
him: black'z an emo color
me: no it's not
him: so your wannabe emo?
me: NO
guy then proceeds to spread rumors about how I am emo or wannabe emo or whatever. now i'm labeled as 'pre-emo'. not full-on emo, not semi-emo, as he callz another one of my friends.  

666_bloody_rose_666

Sneeferu

Dangerous Gekko

10,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 am
oi, i hate it when people step on my pants(im short to so the ends of the pants drag alittle)
2. being asked if i cut myself.
3.being too warm in the summer(haha)
4. people thinking i do voodoo(wtf?)  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:20 pm
After owning 8 pairs of Tripps, I honestly can't tell what chains go on which pants. So I just took them all off. Its easier to get around that way. But they do have the tendency to get lit on fire often (as do I, I have several scorched clothings, what can thhis mean?)  

Maniacal Hatter

Shirtless Raider

8,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

MoonlightxCastsxShadows

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:16 pm
1. Clothes fading.
2. My hair dye coming out. I love having my hair black but the color always fades out after a while (any suggestions on a good brand of dye?)
3. People running away from you (no seriously, I was at the grocery store walking over to a shelf to get bread and this woman saw me walking near where she was and she RAN.)
4. Lint getting on my clothes.
5. People asking if I'm sick because I'm so pale.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff