Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:51 am
Oh no I get it. And none of the Echani you met were ever human. You simply assumed they were because they looked that way. Which is precisely what near-humans do...

Well, The Echani that were approved by Nelo in the CotGCW were Near Humans. And why do people keep weirding out about the term near-human. All they are Humans that age slower with an added gland in their brains that can release a new kind of neurochemical. Seriously, Clone Troopers have more augmentation than that and they're considered human...think about it a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:53 am
So why dont you call yours human?
and you still havent explained why you want to conect them so far back to the Rakata.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:58 am
Maybe he wants to put them on the Rapora's s**t list. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:05 am
I put them so far as back to the Rakata because it seems the easiest and most interesting way to create an in-depth society that fulfills all the things I want the Echani to do.

And yes if you want to have the Echani on the Rapora's s**t list go ahead. The Echani I doubt are aware of the quarrel however.

The term for "Human with a few differences" is near human. however I could write Human if you really want me too. The differences still exist however.  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:09 am
But if they'e so old as a race, why are they so similar to humans?
In the millenia after they were introduced, surely they had time to evolve differently physically from humans enough that they wouldnt just have White hair as their distingushing mark.
Hell, Winter had white hair. She wasnt an Echani.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 am
They are taller, generally slimmer, and yes they have White Hair. And Human's are that old too, what keeps them so similar. As are Duros and all of the other races the Rakata owned. What keeps them so similar?  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:14 am
so you just totaly ripped off Elves when you made the Echani?
as for the evolution, I just thought biologicaly engineered humanoids would diverge physically more after breeding true for so long.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:55 am
Wait a minute...

White hair + Bodyguard training + Logical and cold demeanor.

Winter is an Echani!  

stellarmagic

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:57 am
Cale Darksun
so you just totaly ripped off Elves when you made the Echani?
as for the evolution, I just thought biologicaly engineered humanoids would diverge physically more after breeding true for so long.

I did not rip off the elves. I drew from them yes, but I also drew from Japan, Garou, Shaolin Monks, KotOR, and Star Wars itself.

The Echani are taller not shorter (Elves are shorter) and I said slimmer, not anoxeric with narrow faces. The light hair color i only added because it's canonical via KotOR.

And they are not biologically engineered. They are biologically modified humans. And don't the Kuati diverge from the Correllians, the Coruscanti from the Eriadan?

They don't diverge more than anyother near human race.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:00 am
If you're having them live 200+ years they're much more divergent.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:03 am
I'm refering to Tolkien-esque elves.
Y'know, the long lived, tall, fair haired slim people renowned for crafting and wielding swords?
Hmm....
Why does that sound familiar?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:13 am
Ah, well then in that case the similarities are coincidence, and you are right. I hadn't considered the similarities to Tolkien elves. *kicks self*

BUT The wielding and using weapons of great quality was not my idea, nor was the light-hairedness. That's Canonical via KotOR.

And an excentric tatooed pirate renowned for his ship and his skills...

hmmmmm doesn't that sound familiar?  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:15 am
PaulTheWolf5575
Ah, well then in that case the similarities are coincidence, and you are right. I hadn't considered the similarities to Tolkien elves. *kicks self*

BUT The wielding and using weapons of great quality was not my idea, nor was the light-hairedness. That's Canonical via KotOR.

And an excentric tatooed pirate renowned for his ship and his skills...

hmmmmm doesn't that sound familiar?

Jack Sparrow, Rav, Cale,
Hell, you can take your pick.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:23 am
Precisely! I'm sayin' that the similarities are there, but similarities are present in all of the various things there.

So any other objections?  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:27 am
Star Wars already has two types of elven races exist in Star Wars already.
The Nagai and another, unnamed species of near humans with blond hair and large pointed ears.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games