Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:51 am
HereticX
I thought a Laser was concentrated, focused light. Blasters seem to be more like plasma weapons, where gas is superheated/energized, magnetically contained, and then accelerated.

That's right, but the term "laser" is used for two different things in the GFFA. A laser is a beam of light used for industry cutting or data reading, etc., just like our lasers here on earth. But a laser cannon is basically a far-more-powerful and larger blaster. There's no such thing as a modern "small" laser weapon; laser cannons are either solid emplacements or vehicle-mounted. Turbolasers are even larger and more powerful.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:23 pm
hmm...
So anyone know any thing on the wookiee long rifle?  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:14 am
Nope. They have a long rifle sweatdrop . But what about the Wookie War Club? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:20 am
Hmm...I'm bored, and I'm fishing around for gold, too, so I'm just going to idly sketch around with Chidee's army for a bit.

Anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'm sure I'd like to hear them. I think. Ah well.  

HereticX

HereticX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:45 am
So far, from what I've got, his forces are versatile and mobile. The construction of much of his forces is probably going to be modular, so that it's easier and faster to repair and change things.

His 'tanks' are an example; they're basically hover platforms (and they're often used to haul supplies or troops that way), with guns and armor added, and they can serve pretty much any role. The design can be easily and rapidly changed on the fly.
So, Tank; armor, nasty main gun, lesser blasters.
Artilery; shell launcher, at least.
APC; armor, light guns, main gun, but not as nasty as tank.
Anti-infantry, anti-air, anti-missle; lotsa rotary blaster cannons or something.
And I'm sure there are plenty of more esoteric/unique types possible, like EW/ECM tanks, flamethrower tanks, etc.

His droids...eh, I'm visualizing a stocky B1, with some Zaku features. Just because. xd
The hands are fairly well articulated, it's got thicker armor but more powerful motors than the B1, so it's a bit heavier, but still has a decent turn of pace. Standard weapon is a nasty blaster rifle, perhaps a modern version of the DC-15.

I'm thinking the most things will be made of some kind of metal, assuming that's the cheaper, more common, and easier to manufacture with material. More advanced droids and vehicles will be some kind of ceramic. Perhaps his bodyguard droids will have cortosis/Mandalorian Steel/Phrix or something as well.

Hmm...his droids are like the B2s in that they can operate on their own. They do, however (like most militaries, I would assume, though in this case it's a bit more), have a battlenet, which gives them orders and such.
Blowing up ships and the like are nodes, blowing some up, won't stop the droids, but it will reduce their effiency and spread a bit of confusion as they try to sort out the battle network. Blowing them all up will really mess with the droids, but it won't stop them (course, by then, you're probably blowing up all the droids as well).
I suppose...it's like Battle Meditation for droids.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:05 am
Boba Fett's rifle is called a EE-3 Blaster Rifle.......... That would be my Blaster. >.< whee  

BobaFett13

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:30 am
Isn't it more of a carbine?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:37 pm
it is classified as a carbine, yes.  

Nospai Deathous

HereticX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:07 pm
I remember hearing somewhere he basically carried around a sawed-off blaster rifle. Or was that some other bounty hunter?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:40 pm
Isn't that bossk or dengar?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Alianna Naviri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:24 pm
Fett didn't carry anything of that dort. not in the movies anyhow.

bossk has a really weird gun...maybe dengar...?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:10 pm
Cale got a D18 pistol...
Or somethin....

but I think of starwars blasters as modern lasers, just firing in shorter bursts and more powerful.
With the gas thing, true they use gas, but thats Tibana which is used to cool the weapon.  

Aleksandr Dyatlov

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:14 pm
Yes, its a DL-18. the Colt revolver of the star wars universe.
My sig's other gun is a clone commando pistol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:31 pm
General Ironwolf
Cale got a D18 pistol...
Or somethin....

but I think of starwars blasters as modern lasers, just firing in shorter bursts and more powerful.
With the gas thing, true they use gas, but thats Tibana which is used to cool the weapon.

No, spin-sealed Tibanna gas is actually used in the production of the bolt. It is charged with energy, then processed into a beam of charged particles, coupled with laser light, then focused by a prism or crystal into the final bolt.  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:52 am
so, anyone know where else Tibanna gas is produced?
or is it mostly Synthetic?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games