Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:52 pm
Morrighu
I love to read. I don't usually get books from a store though...Buying them gets expensive after a bit. Especially Stephen King books.

As for music, I can play Piano, Flute, and some other things.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I read a bit less now. I don't have as much time anymore. I have a lot more work to do ((various shops on here and school work)).

And I can't play anything anymore. xD I totally forgot how to read notes and what were what notes. xD

<3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 pm
Well I'm a major book geek. sweatdrop I read a LOT. But usually sci-fi/fantasy. I'm reasonably intelligent and literate, but I hate school. I really do. I get decent grades though, and I'm concentrating on graduating highschool at the moment.

I don't have any great fondness for anime, aside from the movies by Hayao Miyazaki. And in a book store I tend to be found drooling over a large stack of books in the sci-fi section.

I'm not musically gifted at all. I played piano when I was a kid, but that was a LONG time ago. sweatdrop  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

AmberGriffon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:40 pm
It really depressing not being able to read much now a days. Im too busy all day and flat broke. I loved to visit used book stores and see what marvel I could find in some dark corner, yet even that has been sacrificied for the moment. I get so tired at the end of the day that when I open a book I hardly get far.

I really hate reading from the screen, nothing compares with reading a book. So this solution doesnt really work for me, but Im trying.

Im also a sucker for sci-fi and fantasy, yet I also enjoy psicological trillers and some dectective novels.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:15 pm
Sci-fi/Fantasy, Mystery, Psychological thrillers, historical books, comedies, LOTS of books! So masch fun! Currently Finishing The latest from Terry Goodkind "ChainFire", he so far is the only author I've found myself that starts a book IMMEDIATELY where the previous took place. No time in between to catch up on, from one comment, book ends, new book, next comment!  

Centrosi

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:18 pm
Just bought Don Quixote, to my horror I discovered last night it's the abridged edition....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:38 am
i read everything I find on any desk, table, chair.
magazines, comics, and BOOKS. I love books, I love their smell, basically.
and usually I like every genre of book, as long as it's well written..
I'm reading "Amrita" by Banana Yoshimoto now, and of course all the books about medieval history I have to read for university.

about the music, I can't play any instrument, but I took singing lessons ^__^

eledh

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:18 am
eledh
Taking singing lessons doesn't really imply anything. I mean, I took singing lessons (you'd be laughing now if you heard my voice) and I still sound like someone's trying to drown a premature kitten.
That's just when I talk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:49 pm
I've recently become obsessed with reading. I'm hooked on this new book I've been reading called Invisible Monsters. Very interesting.

Is this just me or do teenage romance books bug the crud out of you? They bother me quite a bit and that's all my friends will read.

Laharl Part Deux

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:19 pm

I've always loved reading and right now I just got done with a book called Freak and finishing up Macbeth for school.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:40 am
The Goth Apple
eledh
Taking singing lessons doesn't really imply anything. I mean, I took singing lessons (you'd be laughing now if you heard my voice) and I still sound like someone's trying to drown a premature kitten.
That's just when I talk.

in fact I didn't say I'm a singer, I just meant that I like singing even if I can't play any instrument ^__^

eledh

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:32 pm
Laharl Part Deux
I've recently become obsessed with reading. I'm hooked on this new book I've been reading called Invisible Monsters. Very interesting.

Is this just me or do teenage romance books bug the crud out of you? They bother me quite a bit and that's all my friends will read.
Someone agrees with me??? eek Are you real? I must know....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:54 am
Adding to my list of books I'm reading-

Black Coffee Blues- Henry Rollins

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Surrealys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:26 pm
Im absolutly in love with Anne Bishops "Black Jewels" series...
And I love Sherrelyn Kenonys Dark Hunters ^^
Such gorgeous gys wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:55 pm
XWraith_LordX
Laharl Part Deux

Someone agrees with me??? eek Are you real? I must know....
::pokes thyself:: Ow! yes I am real...to my knowledge. I haven't been told otherwise. And YES! Someone shares my sentiments. Teen Romance books lack depth and complexity. If I'm not mentally stimulated by a novel I just simply can not read it.  

Laharl Part Deux

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:35 am
In the past week I just finished up:

The Fellowship of the Ring
Pride and Prejudice

I'm now working on actually finishing the Little House on the Prairie series.
I seriously got the boxed set when I was 7.
I'm 20 now and on the fourth book.
=/
I think my reading level progressed too fast for the books, and I got bored of them.
But I need to finish.

I'm also reading I am America (And So Can You).
Stephen Colbert is one funny man.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff