Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am
I wonder if its something I could fix...

Nah, probably not.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:33 pm
Cale Darksun
The only place that can fix my Computer is hidden somewhere in Omaha, not available on the weekends, and apparently can only be contacted on the night of a new moon, in the dim hours of dusk between day and night. At that hour I must sacrifice a goat and smear its blood about a crossroad and then do a polka.
Only then can I reach their technical support line.

Ugh.....

If you want to, give the computer to me, and i'll get it fixed on your behalf. I'm sure that my schedules' a bit more flexibile for that kind of thing.

NEXT RANT!  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

tigris the infamous

Benevolent Lovergirl

13,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:11 pm
i went and bought 2 instant win picks from the cash shop, and i have bought a lotto ticket or 5 everyday since the thing started, however, i haven't got back a single red sent (or gold cent) since i began, i was feeling like not buying all together, when i was persuaded by my boyfriend to by the instant picks, which he said would make my winning a sure thing, well he was wrong, and to make matters worse, he won 4700 gold today, without even placing a single instant win number.... stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:34 pm
And now, reposted from the Official thread, Cale Darksun gives his reaction to the Clone Wars Episode, The Mandalore Plot

......................Really? Really, Lucasfilm? That's the way you wanna go? Just piss everyone off? Fine. Usenye, Mir'osik.

I went in to this with an open mind. I was like, OK, this can't be that bad. They got mandos in it, and Clone Wars has been pretty decent about things so far. It might not be a great episode, but it aught to be good.

And then I watched it.
Then I added one more strike against them on the board.

The EU Mandalore was a cold, forested, rocky sort of place long past its prime in terms of Galactic Worth and Power. The People there made handcrafted armor made from a native Iron, spoke their own language and were a nomadic, stoic and hardy people with a long history of warfare who, in the current era kept to themselves, aside from the occasional mercenary or bounty hunter who put his people's heritage to use.

The "Official" Mandalore is a planet with massive cities built inside protective domes. Their leader, the Duchess(who is not from Mandalore), heads the Council of Neutral Systems and claims to have exiled all Mandalore Warriors to their heavily mined moon of Concordia which is a rocky sort of place with a slowly recovering forest. On Mandalore, everyone is obsessed with cubes and cubism and is bald. On Concordia, where everyone speaks a "dialect"(Though it clearly is a language) theres a terrorist group called the Death Watch who are rather decent warriors and who want to take over Mandalore with armor mass produced from the metal found on Concordia. Their leader uses a black lightsaber to fight a Jedi and wonders why he lost.

My god, guys. Karen Traviss hands you a moneymaker with her idea to make the Mandalorians a group of Space Celts (They drink dark beer, consider Bolo-ball sacred, like fighting and have a real dislike of a certain Republic. Anyone who knows anything about Ireland or the Gauls can draw a lot of conenctions), you accept it for about 7 or 8 years, then completely ******** everything over. No wonder why she quit.

Oh, and Dave Filoni? I know you're all proud and s**t about that cubist painting you had your guys made that's a take on Picasso's Guernica(See the episode Commetary on StarWars.com) but Picasso's Guernica was meant to show the artist's horror over a brutal massacre. Its supposed to represent a scene of total carnege that should make a person cringe. You shamelessly tried to make it a depiction of Mandalorian Victory over the Republic, depriving it of any meaning because no one paints a victory like that. I gave you props for Neimodian Napoleon because that was funny. But this is just fail. Oh, and kudos for showing a grieving woman's tits on a children's show. Thanks for keeping it classy.
Seriously, was no one paying attention in editing?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:52 pm
George did it... He has the touch of death.

Enough said.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:52 pm
Grrrr.....I have a couple things to rant about. I hate everyone who berates my authorship. I can take creative criticism, but these bastards are the kind that are very impolite about it, and make you feel like an utter failure. I've gone through forests of depression because of them. I try my damndest to make a worthwhile short story, or even try a novel. Then some a** like these people comes and belittles my creation, like a VanHelsing impaling a Dracula.

Second item to rant. I hate my mother as of the moment. She goes all Nazi-Hitler-Auchwitz on me when I get a single, horrible mark on an assignment in school. This being in a class where I can easily boot up the marks. She makes her point, but she also tends to mock me when I can't give a straight answer to her questions. I just want to go up and hit her in the cheek. But I refrain, only out of respect of the Biblical teaching of "Honor your parents".  

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Yuuki: Been there done that one with my mother...she makes me sooo mad when she gets on me about my grades in math. I'm in the honors math courses at my high school, so they're pretty hard, and last year I would get grades like D's and C's (which I'm not too proud of), and she would get all in my face and yell at me, and tell me to do better. She yelled so much to the point where I would just start crying because it made me feel horrible about myself because I asked for help, I did all the homework, and I understood all the lessons, I would just simply blow it on the math tests. So yeah, I completely understand where you're coming from.

And another thing to rant about. I was in my English class this morning when the fire alarm goes off. And it's February and it's windy/cloudy, and it's not even above freezing outside and all I'm wearing is a long sleeve shirt. When we get back inside, our principal comes on the loud speaker and said that someone purposely pulled the f***ing fire alarm. So we stood out in the cold for twenty minutes freezing our a**es off for no reason. And now I think I'm sick. I couldn't feel my nose, ears, fingers, hands, etc. when we got back inside. I want to kill whoever pulled that fire alarm (not really, but I'm pissed at him) scream

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 am
Man do I have something to rant about...

I hate it when for some dang reason...you can't get onto your Gaia account! It just WOULD NOT let you log in. So then it locks your account because you've tried to many times. Then you end up not caring for like...3 or 4 years. AND THEN one night you think... "hey...remember that one website and all those cool Star Wars lovers?" and resurrect your once locked and broken profile. Happy ending?

Nope!

Now 3ish/4 years later:
1 - Half your friends have gone inactive, and half of the ones that are left have changed their names so you don't really remember exactly who they are...
2 - Now I can have a house, car and an aquarium? Wtf?
3 - My profile I spent so long creating (back in the day) looks TOTALLY old school now.
3.5 - I can post a status now...?
4 - Now we don't have to only stress about accumulating gold, but wtf are these green coin things?
5 - The (used to be) main threads around here haven't been posted on in weeks and even months! (this really saddens me..)
And the worst of all...
6 - Twilight is the main topic EVERYWHERE (throws up)

Now I feel..uhh... *anonymous website* challenged.
Forgot how much I missed this place though! Hope I was missed...just a little...  

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:05 pm
Here's a rant:

Ashoka Tano. Did she actually need to exist? Seems to me like her reason to be is just to screw up established canon, piss off legit followers, and give ten-year olds a character they can connect with.

Way to waste $5,000,000.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 pm
Here's another rant:

It's Over 9000

Lesson learned: Never watch Dragon Ball Z Kai. It tarnishes your fondest memories of the original series  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 am
Thats not Gohan's voice and thats not Nappa's voie.
Yeah, that dub sucks balls.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:53 pm
Here's a rant. I'm stick and tired of noobs trying to make profiles for my RPs. The ones who have grammar issues and those who over power their character. As for instance, I've recently made a Star Wars RP. Got a couple people trying to be Force users, and they made them like Saiyans...:/ It gets irritating.  

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:00 pm
Thats what you get with a generation of Fans who grew up with the Prequels and the Force Unleashed.

I remember when, back in the day, it took 30 Jedi Students and teachers to throw a fleet of Star Destroyers to the edge of a planetary system which in the end resulted in the death of the one who initiated the maneuver.

Nowadays you got every other punk thinking he can pull a Star Destroyer out of Orbit with the Force alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:11 pm
Cale Darksun
Thats what you get with a generation of Fans who grew up with the Prequels and the Force Unleashed.

I remember when, back in the day, it took 30 Jedi Students and teachers to throw a fleet of Star Destroyers to the edge of a planetary system which in the end resulted in the death of the one who initiated the maneuver.

Nowadays you got every other punk thinking he can pull a Star Destroyer out of Orbit with the Force alone.

Hey now, I actually like those two things. I'll admit, Marek is overdone. I only like the prequels and TFU because of the faster lightsaber combat.  

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 pm
Marek is overdone, and the entire premise of adding another apprentice to the list of MANY Vader already had (he had about 4 or so, at various points) is a bit pointless... especially considering we already know he either dies, or ends up doing something completely irrelevant

I only really liked the game because it's the closest thing to playing as a Jedi/Sith you can get in a game, at least until TOR or that new 1st person game comes out  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff