Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:46 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"It does plenty of harm to me," she replied simply, going just slightly rigid though her voice calmed considerably, "And why should I calm myself? Someone took off with my books and now my brother is being completely obnoxious and...and..." She gave up on words finally, breathless for a split second, a pout flickering across her face for a prolonged moment, her head tilting forward a bit and the thick mass of crimson curls sliding down, brushing her thin shoulders. She thought very vaguely of locking him in place, keeping him like this for a few minutes, but ultimately decided against it. What would really be the point?

"All brothers are obnoxious," he said, lightly. "I was one. I should know." Noticing how Antha had quieted, he released her, smoothly taking a step back and around to stand at her side. "It will not be so difficult to track down your books. If you already know that they are stolen, the task has been poorly managed thus far. Their mistakes indicate that there are likely more to come."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:25 pm
"I know exactly where he is," she hissed venomously, eyes piercing for a moment, cast at the blank air as quickly she stalked across the room to stand at the glass doors to David's balcony. It seemed he had tried to help, attempted to calm her, and for a moment it had indeed worked, but it only left her even more bitter finally as she stood watching the stars, one arm folded and supporting the other as idly she ran her fingers over the Mayfair emerald. "Just another task entrusted to the Designee of the Mayfair legacy. What else can I do, right?" In her state of mind, lost in thought as she was, for one moment she let the persona of a normal, sulking teenager overtake her. "It sucks!" she concluded, pouting, sighing softly, thinking for an instance that she was angry either of them had moved. "And Nicolae...you can't very well include him with most brothers. I think he'd strangle you if you tried. Not that it could be done, of course."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:05 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"I know exactly where he is," she hissed venomously, eyes piercing for a moment, cast at the blank air as quickly she stalked across the room to stand at the glass doors to David's balcony. It seemed he had tried to help, attempted to calm her, and for a moment it had indeed worked, but it only left her even more bitter finally as she stood watching the stars, one arm folded and supporting the other as idly she ran her fingers over the Mayfair emerald. "Just another task entrusted to the Designee of the Mayfair legacy. What else can I do, right?" In her state of mind, lost in thought as she was, for one moment she let the persona of a normal, sulking teenager overtake her. "It sucks!" she concluded, pouting, sighing softly, thinking for an instance that she was angry either of them had moved. "And Nicolae...you can't very well include him with most brothers. I think he'd strangle you if you tried. Not that it could be done, of course."

A pale hand hid his smile for a moment. That was one opinion he never thought he'd hear the inscrutable Antha Mayfair give voice to.
All the more reason for her to do so, of course...
"I had not thought the idea was ever so unappealing as his reaction would dictate." he said musingly. "He is, however, entitled to his opinion..."
Vikteren watched Antha, hands clasped together behind his back, as she stood at the window. "These books you mentioned. I assume there's a reason why they have been stolen, and why their theft agitates you in such a manner. May I ask why?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:37 pm
The girl paused, sour for a moment, before answering. "I'm not entirely sure which books were taken," she admitted, "It's the idea of it, someone daring to break into my house, the main Mayfair family establishment. I won't stand for it." She quitted the windows here, her steps slow as she made her way back across the room, her heels clicking on the cold, hard floor. "But regardless, concerning this petty little thief..." For a moment she hovered before him, her extravagant eyes staring hard up at him, and then very quickly she turned and sat herself on the edge of the bed, sighing gently. "Obviously I don't know how to strike in you some interest in me, but if you come along when Nicolae and I go after this creature, all of my hope will be lost, just like that." Her face contorted in some strange flash of indiscernible emotion, something tinged with a vague despair. "If you want to come, of course, you may. Certainly Nicolae would be excited. But..." She didn't finish, merely sighed her soft sigh again and ran her fingers through her hair, infusing it with umbra energy and straightening the tight curls so that when it fell back to her sides and down her back it was in severe waves. "But personally I would quite like to think I still have some chance."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:38 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
The girl paused, sour for a moment, before answering. "I'm not entirely sure which books were taken," she admitted, "It's the idea of it, someone daring to break into my house, the main Mayfair family establishment. I won't stand for it." She quitted the windows here, her steps slow as she made her way back across the room, her heels clicking on the cold, hard floor. "But regardless, concerning this petty little thief..." For a moment she hovered before him, her extravagant eyes staring hard up at him, and then very quickly she turned and sat herself on the edge of the bed, sighing gently. "Obviously I don't know how to strike in you some interest in me, but if you come along when Nicolae and I go after this creature, all of my hope will be lost, just like that." Her face contorted in some strange flash of indiscernible emotion, something tinged with a vague despair. "If you want to come, of course, you may. Certainly Nicolae would be excited. But..." She didn't finish, merely sighed her soft sigh again and ran her fingers through her hair, infusing it with umbra energy and straightening the tight curls so that when it fell back to her sides and down her back it was in severe waves. "But personally I would quite like to think I still have some chance."

He watched her, expressionessly. "Would you prefer that I remain here, then?"
Vikteren did not like the thought of leaving her side. But if she commanded him to, then he had little choice in the matter. Yet if he would not be a hindrance, he would follow her to whatever end.
Loyal as a dog, even after all these years. I must have trained you well. He could hear Cyrus's half-imagined mocking whisper.
"I do not think that you are as terrible a person as you believe, Antha." he said quietly, not quite knowing why he spoke. "I think I would recognize it if you were the monster you claim."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:06 pm
There was a moment in which Antha only stared at him, eyes wide in an incredulous curiosity, before finally the laughing overtook her, something so removed and reckless it couldn't help but support the popular theory that she was insane. "Not a monster?" she asked finally, voice soft in a very open manner, as she grasped the end bedpost, leaning her full weight against it. "Some people say vampires are monsters, you know. But what do they do? They kill. Big deal. How many vampires have really dragged children from their rooms---their little cousins and half-brothers and sisters---so many of them that they can't count, and put them through a torture so intense, so psychological, that all but a small few went mad? How many drove innocent people to a crazed suicide? Tell me, have you ever watched a woman hanging upside-down from a hook on the ceiling, beaten until the blood rushing to her head and turning her face purple and red comes gushing out up through her throat and eyes and every other little opening in the head it can find? Have you ever seen a child's limbs twisted so much when they're stuffed half alive under a shelf that, had they lived, they would never be able to move again? They look purple from all the bruises, and the limbs go limp even before they die if you're too violent in stuffing them under." It seemed a miracle even to her that it had been said so calmly, that there had even been a slight upward turn to the corners of her lips as she spoke, looking mad certainly with that certain glint in her eyes. But finally, the words choked out in an unfamiliar airiness, a smooth composure, Antha collapsed against the floor, her will to stand vanquished, the images in her head worked finally into her eyes so that she had to put a hand to her forehead, looking to all the world, should they not see her hopeless expression, merely stressed. "Don't tell me I'm not a monster," she whispered finally, no change touching her entire form, "No, that's one of the few things I can't deny. It's not my imagination, not some idea forced into my head by some grief, it's just another fact. I'm a Mayfair witch, I am little more than a harlot, and I am an indisputable monster. Fact."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:22 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
There was a moment in which Antha only stared at him, eyes wide in an incredulous curiosity, before finally the laughing overtook her, something so removed and reckless it couldn't help but support the popular theory that she was insane. "Not a monster?" she asked finally, voice soft in a very open manner, as she grasped the end bedpost, leaning her full weight against it. "Some people say vampires are monsters, you know. But what do they do? They kill. Big deal. How many vampires have really dragged children from their rooms---their little cousins and half-brothers and sisters---so many of them that they can't count, and put them through a torture so intense, so psychological, that all but a small few went mad? How many drove innocent people to a crazed suicide? Tell me, have you ever watched a woman hanging upside-down from a hook on the ceiling, beaten until the blood rushing to her head and turning her face purple and red comes gushing out up through her throat and eyes and every other little opening in the head it can find? Have you ever seen a child's limbs twisted so much when they're stuffed half alive under a shelf that, had they lived, they would never be able to move again? They look purple from all the bruises, and the limbs go limp even before they die if you're too violent in stuffing them under." It seemed a miracle even to her that it had been said so calmly, that there had even been a slight upward turn to the corners of her lips as she spoke, looking mad certainly with that certain glint in her eyes. But finally, the words choked out in an unfamiliar airiness, a smooth composure, Antha collapsed against the floor, her will to stand vanquished, the images in her head worked finally into her eyes so that she had to put a hand to her forehead, looking to all the world, should they not see her hopeless expression, merely stressed. "Don't tell me I'm not a monster," she whispered finally, no change touching her entire form, "No, that's one of the few things I can't deny. It's not my imagination, not some idea forced into my head by some grief, it's just another fact. I'm a Mayfair witch, I am little more than a harlot, and I am an indisputable monster. Fact."

He stared at her for a moment, amazed by the force of belief evident in her statements. Then Vikteren shook his head. "No. If you were a monster, these images--these acts--would not haunt you. You would feel no sympathy for those children, would derive no guilt from any actions you have taken. Just as the turning does not make one a witless, animalistic murderer--your Khayman is proof enough of this, yes?--your bloodline, Antha, does not make you a creature of nightmares." His eyes, lurid absinthe in the light, caught hers, heavy as lead and compelling as a serpent's gaze. "Your own choices determine that."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:18 pm
"And you think it was not a choice?" she asked soberly, hollow eyes watching him blankly, "They made me do nothing. I can say all I like of it now, but when it comes right down to it I wouldn't trade it for the world. When that moment hits, there is no sense and there is no reason, and in those times I like it. I actually like being a murderer. I like watching the blood trickle down the walls and the bodies slide across the floor. When the moment is over I regret it all, I'm afraid, as I regret it this moment. But I know when the moment comes again it will do nothing but excite me." Her sigh was weary when she let it loose, standing almost shakily and smoothing down the skirt of her dress to distract herself. "But why am I telling you this, I wonder. As if I really need another hindrance concerning you." And finally her smile was bitter when it crossed her face, a smile that seemed only for her, as if he couldn't see it. Antha was all but lost to her own mind, ranting aloud.
And then she turned her attention on him again, expression never faltering, and drew closer in a few simple movements. She was careful when she took her firm hold of his hands, standing hardly apart, eyes gazing steadily up at him. It was evident she was testing him, gaging his reaction.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Rynn lay awake for a long time before he finally slept.
And when he did, he dreamed.
He dreamed of animal-headed gods and goddesses in misted courtyards, where the dead slept beneath cracked and mossy paving-stones, and held judgement upon the living. A lion-headed woman watched him through the ivy.
When he awoke, he lay in bed quietly for a long time, his mind searching for his sister. When he found her, touched her mind so very gently as to not disturb her, only then did he rise. Wearing the same clothes as he had the day before was not particularly impressive hygiene, but Rynn thought the Talamascans might understand. He spent a few minutes searching the room for a brush before he finally gave up and finger-combed his hair into a less unruly state, and left to search for Mr. Talbot.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm
Antha stopped cold, watching the movement in the tower above, and only when she knew exactly who it was did the smile creep across her face and she turn to rush from the room, pausing to beckon Vikteren after her. 'David, David!" she called down the hall when she saw his shadowy form. "Rynn's awake!" She giggled for a moment, David's hands clasped within her own, before she continued on up the tower steps and stood at the top quietly, leaning against the wall with a vague and impish grin, waiting for him to turn the corner and come across her.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:45 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha stopped cold, watching the movement in the tower above, and only when she knew exactly who it was did the smile creep across her face and she turn to rush from the room, pausing to beckon Vikteren after her. 'David, David!" she called down the hall when she saw his shadowy form. "Rynn's awake!" She giggled for a moment, David's hands clasped within her own, before she continued on up the tower steps and stood at the top quietly, leaning against the wall with a vague and impish grin, waiting for him to turn the corner and come across her.

He almost walked straight into her when he turned the corner, and halted himself just in time, taking a step back almost immediately when he realized who it was. Rynn's sleep-deadened brain took a moment longer to respond to her appearance. "Miss Mayfair." he said finally, attempting a smile. "I apologize--I didn't realize it was customary for one's host to hang around outside one's rooms like a cat in front of a mousehole." He looked between David and her, then asked, "What time is it? I'm afraid I couldn't quite tell--the windows were all boarded up in my room."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:35 pm
The wicked grin spread wider, her eyes calculating. "Good evening, mon cher," she greeted him smoothly, taking a few steps forward, "I trust you slept well?" Her eyes glimmered knowingly for just a moment before she took him by the hand. "Sunrise passed a couple of hours back. I believe Aaron and Atticus have already begun preparations in the chamber." Antha paused, sighed softly, a vague pout to her face. "I suppose I can kill the thief later. This takes priority. After all, you're just so eager to leave us, aren't you, Rynn?"

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:59 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
The wicked grin spread wider, her eyes calculating. "Good evening, mon cher," she greeted him smoothly, taking a few steps forward, "I trust you slept well?" Her eyes glimmered knowingly for just a moment before she took him by the hand. "Sunrise passed a couple of hours back. I believe Aaron and Atticus have already begun preparations in the chamber." Antha paused, sighed softly, a vague pout to her face. "I suppose I can kill the thief later. This takes priority. After all, you're just so eager to leave us, aren't you, Rynn?"

Rynn looked at her, guardedly. The walls around his mind, if anything, had strengthened doubly in an instant. "I slept as well as could be expected. Thank you for your concern." A little sigh, as she took his hand and he allowed her to do so. "I would, in fact, like to get back to my sister as soon as possible, this is true." And then, after a short pause, "I'm--sorry, but what thief are you referring to?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:12 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+

He sighed, glad at least that he'd been removed from that rather...uncomfortable situation, and followed the echoes of her voice through the Talamasca's winding stairs. Finally the vampire found her, conversing with the rather disheveled-looking witch boy. Rynn Calais.
He looked like he'd just woken up. That, or he'd been enjoying some increasingly frantic molestation.
Vikteren padded up behind Antha, fixed a lurid green stare on Rynn, and waited.
A flicker of thought ebbed through his warded mind, drifted to Antha.
I don't trust him.  

Vikteren
Crew

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:41 pm
David watched in mild shock as Antha popped up before him, still reeling from the sight of unrealistically beautiful Nicolae Mayfair. He hated the sight of him with Antha; the very feeling of intimacy and secrecy and utter familiarity that they infused the air with when they were together made him sick. But when he felt the soft touch of her hand again, caught sight of the wicked sparkle in her eyes, it all vanished. "What on earth did you do with your pets?" he asked with a sigh, lighting up a cigarette. "Antha, wait!" In a whirlwind it seemed, he still looking into the darkness which she had surrendered herself to, Nicolae was at his side, shaking his head, and Singe was right behind him.
"Antha!" Nicolae shouted after her, catching up at the landing. Singe walked along the same pace as David, looking up only when they stood behind Antha and he grinned and gave a quick wave at Rynn. Nicolae he hated as always and he ignored him as well as Vikteren.

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff