Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
AskYoda.com ((Trivia and General ?'s)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mystic Rush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:29 pm
...I'm not trying to stump anyone, I just want to know. What species is Darth Maul?

(I've only ever seen the movies, I don't know half what all you guys are talking about! xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:31 am
Mystic Rush
...I'm not trying to stump anyone, I just want to know. What species is Darth Maul?

(I've only ever seen the movies, I don't know half what all you guys are talking about! xd )

He's a Zabrak  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:56 pm
Nelowulf
Trivia for you people who think you know everything.

Name a senator that escaped the Emperor's "frying of the senate"?

Bonus: How did he die anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Nelowulf
Nelowulf
Trivia for you people who think you know everything.

Name a senator that escaped the Emperor's "frying of the senate"?

Bonus: How did he die anyway?

By "frying of the Senate," which event exactly are you referring to? When he "dissolved the council permanently" in ANH? He didn't actually kill all the Senators when he did that, you know.

Anyway, if that is what you're talking about, Bail Organa died when Alderaan blew.  

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:49 am
ANH. Tarkin says "The Emperor has disolved the senate completely." And yes, he didn't kill all the senators when he said that. Bail escaped. duh...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:16 am
Nelowulf
ANH. Tarkin says "The Emperor has disolved the senate completely." And yes, he didn't kill all the senators when he said that. Bail escaped. duh...

No, that's not what I meant. The Emperor didn't kill the Senators themselves; at least, I don't think he did. He just removed the Senate as an institution within the Empire. So if that's what "frying of the Senate" refers to, it's not accurate.  

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:35 am
That's the nice way of putting it. I mean, so the senate is no longer needed.

If I was palpy, why not kill the senators? I mean, think. You kill them, everyone is scared since their govenrment has literally been fried! As well as the fact that once they are dead, there is nobody to challenge him. Think of the Organas. if the senators were left alive, they too might become traitors and part of the rebel alliance.

I never thought that palpy would keep them alive. At least, every time I watch the movie thats the impression i get. A massive lightning storm to kill everyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:49 pm
If Palpy had held a public Senate roast, the first Imperial citizens to know would be those on Coruscant, and he doesn't want them scared. He wants them supportive and proud of his mighty Empire. Come to think of it, he probably did have most of the Senators killed; not all at once in a grisly Empire Day celebration, but quietly, one at a time. Assassinations and "accidents." That sort of thing.  

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:54 pm
Hmm... But Coruscant is just one more planet under fear of the local governors...

You know, as Tarkin stated that since the senate is disolved, now the control will be maintained by fear, fear of this battlestation and by the military.

So even Coruscant is under that rule.

Plus, By that time, I would believe Coruscant would be Imperial loyalists anyway. I mean, 20 years is enough to brainwash the new generation...

Kinda like 1984. The government brainwashed the future to believe the past and accept the present, so frying of the senate would be seen as a good thing for the empire, and the big brother Emperor Palpy was now going to lead the empire in a new wave of goodness...

I dunno. Maybe I read too much political stuff. Or maybe we should write a fanfiction of it... make it canonized... really screw up the universe....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:00 pm
Well, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm right. We don't know. The important Coruscanti would be Imperial loyalists by that time, and probably would support a Senate fish-fry, and those are all Palpy cares about. But at the same time, Palps isn't Darth Maul. He's a schemer, and even when high on twenty years of power and success, I don't see him as the kind of Sith to just walk into the Senate Rotunda and cut loose. Sidious is more subtle than that.  

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:28 pm
'tis a thing we shall never truely know.

But by this time, everyone knows of the emperor, and his apprentice Darth Vader. I mean, if for no other reason, everyone knows Vader is a sith lord.

Oh well. Let the dust settle once again, so we can move on to further trivia.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
What food item was the inspiration for the design of the Falcon?  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:15 pm
a potato, I think...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:22 pm
Nope. Try again.  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:25 pm
then a sandwich. cause I know for a fact an olive with a toothpick served as the basis for the cockpit.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games