Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Lightsaber Lucas Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:52 pm
EViLgerbilz
One word: Ewoks.

I was just watching the entire series, warming up for RotS, when, during RotJ, I realized that the Ewoks are just as irritating as Jar Jar Binks.

Why, oh why, George, didn't you put the battle on Kashyyk instead of Endor like your original plan?! Your idea that the Ewoks would "market better" flopped!

Thank god RotS features a battle with the Wookiees.

"Market better"? Where'd you hear that? Making that many full-size Wookiee suits would have been too expensive, so they sliced the height in half. Half as much furry material needed.

Or that's the official line, anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:02 am
Durza the Shade
EViLgerbilz
One word: Ewoks.

I was just watching the entire series, warming up for RotS, when, during RotJ, I realized that the Ewoks are just as irritating as Jar Jar Binks.

Why, oh why, George, didn't you put the battle on Kashyyk instead of Endor like your original plan?! Your idea that the Ewoks would "market better" flopped!

Thank god RotS features a battle with the Wookiees.

"Market better"? Where'd you hear that? Making that many full-size Wookiee suits would have been too expensive, so they sliced the height in half. Half as much furry material needed.

Or that's the official line, anyway.

I thought I heard it from the documentary in the SW Special Edition dvd. But now I'm not sure.

But I am certain that GL switched the Ewoks with the Wookies in the final draft of the script for RotJ. I heard that it was because he figured that Ewoks would be a better marketing strategy for the movie, that Ewoks would make for better merchandising. Makes sense, since all the profits from the SW toy industry all go in his pocket.

But interesting thought about the Wookiee suits being too expensive. That sounds kind of like a lame cover for a real reason. It seems to me that GL would have a huge budget for RotJ, after ANH and ESB being such huge hits. I just don't see that as a really good reason for trimming the budget. But ah well...  

Uncle Choco

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:22 am
Lucas payed for the two sequels out of his own pocket, because with studio-sponsored budgets come contracts, and executives breathing over his shoulder and limiting the story he wanted to tell. If the cash difference between the Kashyyyk he wanted to potray and the Endor that resulted was significant, I should think he'd be willing to make the sacrifice.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:22 pm
to be honist i dont think the wookie battle would have been impressive in ROTJ mostly due to lack of digital effects and the lack of tall people may have also effected it to who knows it to late to do anything about it now.  

NickCpointless

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:33 pm
I thought the Wookiee battle wasn't that effective in ROTS anyway, just like General Grevious...Come on, he's an droid that has tuburculosis or something and gets sliced up by Obi-Wan in no time flat scream !

And then I was expecting a HUGE Wookiee battle, and then there's hardly any of it in the movie!!! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KEEP ANI KILLING THE YOUNGLINGS AND CUT OUT MOST OF THE WOOKIEE BATTLE?!! scream

(And that's another thing. The part with the kids was disturbing and just plain WRONG. gonk We could have gottent he fact that he was evil without having to see that!)  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:41 pm
He had to kill younglings because that is what makes it evil. In the eyes of others the Jedi were enemies so killing full knight would have been just a fight. By showing the deaths of the younglings it was an obvious massacre.  

Duredhel

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:46 pm
Well, we could tell it was a masacare by the fact that he was *ahem* killing everything in sight But younglings...? I mean, I didn't think Ani could get that evil that fast...It just creeped the hell out of me and I think we REALLY could have done without seeing innocent children get murdered...  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:51 pm
Well Knights can defend themselves. So they would not really be defenseless. And the actual killing of the younglings was inferred. You see him kill padawans, which is almost as bad, but not younglings.  

Duredhel

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:55 pm
Well, even if we didn't see it, it was still IMPLIED!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:57 pm
The Kitsune Hanyou
Well, we could tell it was a masacare by the fact that he was *ahem* killing everything in sight But younglings...? I mean, I didn't think Ani could get that evil that fast...It just creeped the hell out of me and I think we REALLY could have done without seeing innocent children get murdered...
But you just didn't want to see it. xd  

Duredhel

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:43 pm
The killing of the younglings just shows how fast Anakin Skywalker died and was replaced by Darth Vader. While Ani would have never even considered it, Vader thinks nothing of killing younglings. I mean, look at how he treats his own children. Plus it makes sense to cut wookies for dead younglings because it fits the dark mood of the film. Also, General Grievous is not exactly a droid, he's a cyborg. half-alien, half-droid.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:05 pm
One thing i hate is that Darth maul and Mace could've lasted longer.  

Capn Deep Blusi

Duredhel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:34 pm
It is DArth Sidious.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:55 pm
Deep_insanity
One thing i hate is that Darth maul and Mace could've lasted longer.

MAce maybe. Maul had it coming.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:03 pm
Two words: Expendable Sith. that flash film sums up Darth Sideous's recruitment policies in the most accurate way possible. plus its funny.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games