Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:22 pm
AnimeOtaku391321
You know you're the SCA when...

~You can't take your friends...because there's no more room in the car.
~You babble excitedly about the upcoming event and all your friends either nod or just tune you out.
~ You absently refer to pop up shade as a pavilion, or rainshade (An Tir only)

eh hehehehehee I did the pavillion one with a carful of non-SCAdians and I got the ....whaaa...??? look.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:00 am
You know your a SCAdian when...

Your VERY scottish friend tells you he has "coin of the realm" and you automatically think its chocolate.

I was so dissapointed when it was only money...(not really, but still... 4laugh )  

Chibbi_Satan

[Xx Danzi xX]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:15 am
Chibbi_Satan

Your VERY scottish friend tells you he has "coin of the realm" and you automatically think its chocolate.

I was so dissapointed when it was only money...(not really, but still... 4laugh )
CHOCOLATE!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:22 pm
~__under__statement__~
Chibbi_Satan

CHOCOLATE!!!!

*giggles* I wonder if theres a chocolatier that will make custom foil wraps for your chcolate coins *gets evil grin*  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:17 pm
Dema
~__under__statement__~
Chibbi_Satan

CHOCOLATE!!!!

*giggles* I wonder if theres a chocolatier that will make custom foil wraps for your chcolate coins *gets evil grin*

lol, actually - my shire was thinking the exact same thing- but complaining that normal tin foil wouldn't work.

So I asked if there was anyone here working at Alcan, or had family working at Alcan (aluminum company). And they said yeah, and I said - get them to go in and get that special extra heavy stuff that they don't sell anymore, only give to employees!

And it took them a couple seconds to think about it, and then they're like YEAH! xd We were thinking of doing it for site tolkens! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Dema
~__under__statement__~
Chibbi_Satan

CHOCOLATE!!!!

lol, actually - my shire was thinking the exact same thing- but complaining that normal tin foil wouldn't work.

So I asked if there was anyone here working at Alcan, or had family working at Alcan (aluminum company). And they said yeah, and I said - get them to go in and get that special extra heavy stuff that they don't sell anymore, only give to employees!

And it took them a couple seconds to think about it, and then they're like YEAH! xd We were thinking of doing it for site tolkens! rofl

I was just thinking it would be fun to make Drakkenguard coins cuz every year at Gathering and I think also at SDN they have a treasure hunt thing for kids and a designated person from each house hold stamps them or gives them something to represent their house. I thought it'd be kinda fun to give the kids a few chocolate coins with the drakkenguard flag on the foil.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:48 pm
That would be a highly amusing site token. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:02 pm
ugh, new to the SCA, not yet been to an event of any size, and already get so many of these. Granted, I understand a bunch of them even better from being an FHG, not an SCA. Some word switching has to be made though... (FHG=Fort Henry Guard)

Change the word "HOLD" out for "FIX!" (I think I'll try that on Brian during fight practice, he's also FHG and has done enough ARTY to freeze automatically)

I know quite a few people by their last name and rank, but not their given names.

When the best part of fall guiding was getting to move the arms exibit (I have pictures of myself with a blunderbuss somewhere, among other historical arms, NOT RECREATIONS)

Corrected my history teachers in highschool in just about everyclass slightly military history... and had my College professor call on me, without prior warning, to teach on Sparta (and in more than one class too).

Know the words to Barret's Privateers by heart.

and others I'm sure you'd only be bored or annoyed to hear  

HoiPolloi

Evil_Little_Cupcake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:33 pm
~Someone Asked where you are from and you give them your Kingdom and shire name.~  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:52 am
- though it's only March, you're already planning on what you'll cook for the masses that inevitably stop by your campsite for June, July, and August. (I've been planning for the last few days... )  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

[Xx Danzi xX]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:59 pm
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai
Dema
~__under__statement__~
Chibbi_Satan

CHOCOLATE!!!!

I was just thinking it would be fun to make Drakkenguard coins cuz every year at Gathering and I think also at SDN they have a treasure hunt thing for kids and a designated person from each house hold stamps them or gives them something to represent their house. I thought it'd be kinda fun to give the kids a few chocolate coins with the drakkenguard flag on the foil.
I would LOVE chocolate site tolkens!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:35 am
Madmadison
~Someone Asked where you are from and you give them your Kingdom and shire name.~
If someone asked where you are from and you answered where your personna is from.

(Especially if you mention the century)  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

endragh

Friendly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:57 pm
You might be in the SCA if....

- you're walking through a thrift store and see a dress and the first thing you think is 'i could change this to be a SCA dress'  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:00 pm
You know you're in the SCA when you see a drinking game being sold in a super market thats played on a cheker board and your first thought is "DID I JUST SEE A TABLERO BOARD BEING SOLD IN A SUPER MARKET!?!?!?!" eek eek eek

You know you're in the SCA when you are looking at "renaissance" halloween costumes and see that the material they used is crappy. Then you look at the price ($40.00) and think "I could make a dress just as nice but with better material and for cheaper! LOL.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 pm
You might be in the SCA if you wear your garb as a Halloween costume, though it doesn't feel like a costume to you.

You might also be in the SCA if you have a huge smile on your face because of the amount of money you're not spending at the local costume stores.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff