Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:04 am
*sigh* such a shame.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:05 am
No lie.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:25 am
however, for some reason, i don't think the y-wing will be missed too much... =)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:29 am
no. dependable as it was, only Diehards will miss the pig.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:05 am
the Y-Wing sucked. it was slow, it had crappy lasers, the only good thing was the ion cannons and the shielding.

other than that , it was only good for recon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:21 pm
not even that! not fast enough. only good for bombing, really. nice payload. but sacrificing speed and not-suckiness defenitely wasn't worth it. i'm glad it was replaced by the far-superior B-wing. ^_^  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 am
The B-wing is no bomber. its a dedicated anti capital ship fighter. it has no bomb bay.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:37 am
yep Cale's right, the B-Wing "Bomber" is a stupid misnomer that Factor 5 came up with. The B-Wing was designed specifically for assaults on capital ships and assistance on capital ships. It has no bomb bay but rather an expanded ballistic payload and better laser output.

The "true" Y-Wing replacement is the K-Wing bomber from the Black Fleet Crisis Novels.

As for the Y-Wing goes, yeah i guess it was good for bombing and specific recon missions ( though a modded Z-95 would have done better)  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:34 am
Right, the K-wings. I'd also consider them a successor of sorts to the ARC-170, as they are both really big, tank-like fighters with massive payloads and more than one crewer in the standard version. Although, as a bit of background info, the K-wing was made by Y-wing manufacturer Koensayer, and Incom produced both the ARC-170 and its true descendant, the X-wing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:35 pm
the K wing was also by Koesanyr? huh, i guess you learn something new everyday. of course, most people wouldnt expect that ytou learn something new about Star Wars everyday but..

Its sad that I could probably narrarate the history of the GFFA and it's wars (back to the first sith war) more accurately than i could say, the US's wars ( theres what like... 6? revolution, 1812, mexican, civil, ww1 ww2, korea, vietnam, mid-east.. okay 9. the GFFA has like 9 sith wars alone.  

FrozenPhoenix32

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:39 pm
the y-wing is a classic figther if i were in the star wars universe id use one. but your right they are slow but you simply buy a nitro for it xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:43 pm
NickCpointless
the y-wing is a classic figther if i were in the star wars universe id use one. but your right they are slow but you simply buy a nitro for it xd

ahahahaha.

I would never fly a Y-Wing were I imn the GFFA. Definately an X-Wing or a Headhunter, maybe even an E wing or an ARC 170. Snubfighters are sweet. Or a TIE avenger, defender or a cchiss clawcraft.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:52 pm
FrozenPhoenix32

Its sad that I could probably narrarate the history of the GFFA and it's wars (back to the first sith war) more accurately than i could say, the US's wars ( theres what like... 6? revolution, 1812, mexican, civil, ww1 ww2, korea, vietnam, mid-east.. okay 9. the GFFA has like 9 sith wars alone.

vietnam, desert storm, afghanistan, and iraqi freedom aren't wars. they're "police actions." i forget if korea was really a war.

as for /conflicts,/ there's also the barbary pirates mix-up, Spanish, Phillipine, and China (boxer rebellion) conflicts.

and unofficially, cuba (bay of pigs).

plus, we've funded numerous more wars with arms and money... but enough about that.

i guess you're right about the B-wing, i forgot about that... but really, an anti-capital ship fighter isn't a very practical idea... but it couldn't be much of a bomber, could it? ...how would it be used effectively?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:56 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
NickCpointless

ahahahaha.

I would never fly a Y-Wing were I imn the GFFA. Definately an X-Wing or a Headhunter, maybe even an E wing or an ARC 170. Snubfighters are sweet. Or a TIE avenger, defender or a cchiss clawcraft.
neutral Ah who am i kidding i love y -wings and all but i was really in the star wars universe id have an x-wing.  

NickCpointless

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:37 am
Of course an anti capital ship fighter is a good Idea! especially when the other guy has far more capital ships than you do. besides, even the imps had an anti cap ship. it was called the skipray blastboat. this little pecker could ruin your day in a hurry.
If I were in the GFFA, I'd fly a good corellian freighter. screw all y'all and your p***y fighters.
Fighters are high preformance military craft and need an assload of maintenance everytime you bring her back to the hangar. they suck starship fuel like a thirsty wookie sucks down whiskey and typically they don't have very long ranges. most don't even have their own nav computers.
Freighters on the other hand are designed to take more punishment by far. they can flit across the galaxy and only need maintenance every three weeks.((depending on the action she sees.)) Freighters can be upgraded and modified well beyond what the stock model was. bigger engines, better shields, and the bane of all fighters:Turreted weapons. a turreted quad laser is more than enough to scare away most fighters as the quad has the stopping power to gun them down and the turret gives it a fireing range that the fixed weapons of most fighters cant match.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games