The Ocean Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Child of Cirra -

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:17 pm
Anafiel's stubby tail twitched in discomfort. The beach was becoming increasingly populated, to his distaste. An array of different scents and voices invaded his senses. Some feverant childish urge gripped him, and he absentmindedly hunched protectively over his sand castle. A sharp voice panged in his ears. Distracted, again, from Angel, he first laid his eyes upon the sporty femme. She was unbecomingly loud, and he quickly lost interest in her.
But, as he shifted his attention away from her, his gaze fell unexpectedly upon the fishing male. Upon sight of the male's fair hair and fine features, his breath involuntarily caught in his throat.
He truly needed to work on the newly surfacing staring habit.
Quickly, he caught himself, and allowed himself to look no further.
Guilt flooded the pits of his stomach.
He forced his eyes back on his sand castle, though his hands lay unmoving in his lap.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:38 am

Long ebony black hair swayed ever so gently in the salty breezes made Jun crack a smile every once in a while. It was strange enough that she was in a pleasant mood but the cause must had definitely been the beach itself. This wasn't really surprising because although it was mostly humankind, beaches just had that very air about them that gave one the feeling of refreshment and the freedom to do whatever the hell they pleased. Of course, Jun did whatever she wanted without consent from others in the first place but it was apparent to her that she couldn't get in any trouble at all here. Not exactly the best option for the female really. Yet she on a rare occasion decided to herself that she would behave. Only for as long as possible though. She could never go for long without smashing something or being nosy.

Jun's visible blue eye wandered around the beach area freely for signs of life. It was somewhat difficult to pick up scents of other creatures because of the thick salty air that masked almost everything. However, she knew that the beach wasn't deserted when she spotted a male. He had fine features of a human but the snowy white hair of a demon. This made her curious. But not enough to make her stare at him; his attention was on fishing from the great sea, yet she couldn't help but think he was watching her. It pissed her off some because she didn't like it when people stared. But the female simply waved at him with one seemingly delicate hand as she passed by, calling out " 'ey dude! Good luck wit' dat fishin. Don't'chu give up, ya hear?" It was very cheerful of her and she didn't pay him any mind after that. She just continued to stroll casually along the beach's sandy shore.

It wasn't too long before she glanced to the shore. Another male sat in the sand with a sand castle that looked absolutely adorable to Jun. She just let out a giggle and half bowed her head in a nod as a greeting. But unlike the male who was fishing, Jun didn't say a word. She figured that simply acknowledging his presance was good enough. A quick swish of her fluffy white tail, and Jun was off once again. Yep, I ain't alone fer sure. Wonder what other folks is on dis beach.

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:58 am

Atoryu nearly fell off of the rock that he perched on when Jun spoke to him. Her manner of speech belied her appearance- he would have imagined that she had a small voice, or a refined one- not slang. Still, I suppose it fits her. He watched her out of the corner of his storm-grey eyes as she receded down the beach. She had a long white tail that swayed in the ocean breeze, just like his. Her slender arms swung freely, nails painted blue, and her white ears lay on her head as if they were friendly themselves.
Wait. If she can walk around exposed like that, why can't I? So, he pulled hard on his tail and it came out, relieved to finally be free to swing and wave. Whipping off his binding cap, he threw it out to the waves and shook the white hair out of his eyes. I don't care who sees me. I really don't. As he turned his head around, he caught sight of another boy on the beach, sitting on the sand beside a castle. He scoffed and watched the water- fishing took too long! So, he would have some fun while waiting. Dropping behind the rock, he stood on all four limbs and channeled his thoughts to be more instinctive, to feel the ground beneath him, and to change his being. And he did.
He jumped out from behind the rock in his appearance as a white wolf, scarred on its legs and muzzle. He easily loped up beside the tall girl with his muscled legs- he wasn't a short person himself, even in wolf form. He looked up at her through his same grey eyes and seemed to beg the question, Who are you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:45 am

Jun's snow white ears twitched a few times from hearing Atoryu approach. When he came to her side, one ear flicked to the side to show that she was paying attention to the wolf. " 'ello wolfie. Followin' me, eh?" She questioned to him with a quiet chuckle. For a while, she didn't speak any further. It was as if the beach's crashing waves had not only calmed her usually nasty temper, but it seemed to hypnotise her. But eventually with a soft swish of her tail, Jun finally slowed down as she turned her strong head to Atoryu and her eyes lowered to meet his cloud gray gaze.

Her own eyes were strange as well. The visible right eye was the color of the deeper side of the ocean with a kind feeling about it. Her black hair had grown long enough to hide parts of her nose and the left side of her face. But as if it were alive and curious, a ocean breeze blew past the female and gently blew the hair out of the way just to see her face. For a brief moment, a left eye the color of amber was visible. It was strange as well. The pupil was slitted like a demon's, so her left eye appeared to be an amber stone with a black crack running down it. Her eyes themselves seemed to cancel each other out, one kind and pure, the other chilling and evil. What was also visible during that moment was a nasty scar. How painful it must have been when she got it because it ran from the top of her right eyebrow and it went down her nose and stopped under her enigmatic left eye in a completely straight path. Soon though the straight strands of hair fell back over her face and hid the horrifying scar along with the eye.

Jun herself appeared to know why he had followed after her so she finally decided to answer. "Ya be wantin' ta know who I is?" She asked thinking that's what Atoryu wanted to know. Her ears just twitched again."...I tink though, as I was taught, dat someone should intros demself first bafore askin' another's name. Don't'cha think?"

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Atoryu snorted. What did she expect him to do, transform right there and just strike up a conversation? Hmph. But, he did want to know her and who she was. So, in compromise, he swished out all of the characters of his name with his tail. Hopefully it was legible, being written in loose sand, but he carved them deeper with his claws. Now that he had written out who he was, he seated himself next to where she had stopped.
She was not just pretty, she was beautiful. Her black hair covered her left eye, but her right eye was as blue as the deep parts of the sky, or the fathomless parts of the ocean. Her fine, angular features belied her being a wolf demon- Is she half, or is she full? Come to think of it, if she was full, she would just reject him as a miserable half anyway. That was what his father had done, and he expected no less of this one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:54 pm

" Hmm?" Jun lowered her head so she could see the ground as he etched out the letters in the sand. It was somewhat difficult to see at first so she had to figure out the letters by tilting her head from side to side carefully. A blue nailed finger went softly against her lip as she tried to read the letters over and over. But finally, her ears flicked straight up when she came up with what she believed was the answer. The female's hand dropped back to her side and she spoke with confidence that she had his name correct."...Atoryu, eh? Ain't never 'eard of a name like dat." She admitted shaking her head slightly. " Well den, since you done told me yer name, I might as well tell you mine since ya don't seem ta be meanin' ta fight. " She replied then paused." Call me Jun, hon." She nodded as she introduced herself.

She was starting to feel as if she were a snooty person since she ws looking down to him. She figured it was rude to do so, and eventually she dropped down into the soft sand next to Atoryu. Her legs were stretched out in front of her and her arms holding her up as they rested against the ground. Even sitting, she appeared tall and proud but attentive.A curious blue eye watched him while long fingers quickly ran through her long hair to comb out a tangle that the sudden breezes created."...So, what gave you da urge ta follow afta me, Atoryu?" She asked with a small smile.Her snow white ears now perked forward to listen while her fluffy white tail wrapped itself loosly around her waist to try and keep sand from getting on it."...Iffen ya want, it's ok ta show yerself. I ain't gonna hurt 'cha." She then commented calmly since she could somehow feel that he was feeling a bit uneasy around her.

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:51 pm

I forgot again. She's just like me. And I feel okay around her. Which was strange enough for him. However, he took her advice and uncurled from within his wolf form. Long arms stretching, he adjusted his denim blue shirt and situated himself on the sand across from her. "Since you're the same as me," he said in his deep, quiet voice, "I guess it's okay." His long white tail flicked over the sand where his name was crudely written and it disappeared.
"So, Jun," he said, testing her name off of his tongue. It sounded good and rolled right out of his lips. "I followed you because I have never seen another half-wolf like me. And if I had, they would be hiding themselves, like I do. Does that sate your curiosity?" He flicked a thin silver-white hair out of his eyes. "So... what's your story? Anything special?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:50 am

"Dat's more like it. 'Bout time ya came out o' yer shell." Jun said nodding in approval.Tha same as 'im? She thought repeating what he as said. But when he spoke further, Jun started to chuckle when he finished speaking. " A half wolf? Ha! I duuno where you got dat idea, hon. Just ta let ya know, I is as full blooded wolf as it gits...Just...two different types of wolf is all dere is." Jun admitted cheerfully. She really didn't know that he was a half breed. She mainly guessed that he was just shy but she never thought of him as a half breed. She had intended to treat him as an equal, and even though she know knew what he truely was she wasn't going to change how she would act at all. A person was a person. It's how she was taught to act towards others.

" But like I said, I'm just yer average hybrid runnin' around raisin' hell." Jun explained with another nod. It wasn't really for any particular reason, but the female took her left hand and used the palm of her right hand to push against her left fingers. Her fingers made tiny cracking noises so it seemed like she was cracking her knuckles. But because of the spiked knuckles strapped to her hands, it would have been hazordous to crack them like any other person. But this method worked just as good for Jun so she used it."...And ya, ya 'sated' me curiousity. As for me story, I ain't tellin' ya dat easily." She added looking over at him with her mismatching eyes.

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:38 am

Her speech is hard to decipher, but I understand. He cocked his head at her and flicked his snow white ears. She was secretive, but not secretive at the same time. She said that she was a full wolf, but here she was, human as everyone else with added ears and tail. And now that he had shown himself, there was no doubting- she really wasn't just like him. She just looked it. Extending his long, lanky right leg, he yawned lazily.
"So you're a full wolf, but you look like a cursed half-wolf like me," he said, a ghost of a smile tugging at his lips. "And you refuse to tell me anything but your name. Fair enough." He flicked his tail deftly over the loose sand where he sat, leaning back on his open hands, equipped with long nails that looked like claws. "So, Jun, if I can't get a story out of you, what brings you to the beach?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:36 pm

" Cursed?" Jun repeated, blinking a few times. Her ears twitched once then perked forward as she began to speak again. " Atoryu, ya ain't cursed just 'cause ya ain't some full blooded floozy. Here's da way I see tings. Ya should be grateful dat yer alive. Dat ya even exist. Ya shouldn't care about whut oders say 'bout ya. Ya are only cursed iffen ya tink ya are." Jun explained honestly, for this is what she had discovered over the years. " Iffen folks mess wit'cha, just beat tha s**t outta them 'till dey stop! Dey only treat ya dis way 'cause yer different. And there ain't nothin' wrong wit bein' different. Hell, I like bein' different. I don't wanna look like everyone else. 'Cause the way I see tings, their all uglier den me iffen they try ta be tha same!" Jun then commented laughing. She was so upbeat about this matter now, although she hadn't until a few years ago.

Jun seemed rather satisfied with her answer as her pointed ears lowered lazily. She was lost in thought now, and the female didn't answer for a few moments. Finally, she just laughed at what she had thought up since it seemed rather silly to her. " And ya know whut? I don't even know why I is here! Guess 'cause I smelled tha salty air." She concluded, looking away from him to watch the waves crash onto the sandy shores."...Somethin' 'bout beaches I just love." She replied more calmly after her light laughter had faded away into nothing. Her own bushy tail swished onto the sand with one ear cocked to the side to listen to Atoryu.

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Atoryu's strange after-storm grey eyes widened a little bit, his black eyebrows rising. Jun was so passionate- even upbeat about something that had plagued him his whole life. When he was a child, his mother had told him to hide himself from humans- they would only hurt him. But Jun was different; she seemed happy that she was a wolf, and would always be proud of herself. He couldn't imagine it.
"You're proud to be different." He let his eyelids drop to where no white showed, only the cloudy grey. "You'd fight for your place in the world instead of hide. You know your purpose. And you don't care what they think of you, or what they'd do to you." He looked her straight in the eyes. "You're strong, you know." After his almost-compliment, he looked away out to sea for a moment.
"Do you know why I love water?" He said this after a pause, still looking out to the ocean while the warm breeze riffled his hair. "It washes everything clean. It feels like it makes everything new again, like I've never made a mistake." Even if I hadn't made a mistake, I still feel like I am a mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:08 pm

"...I is only as strong as I freakin' wanna be." Jun said cocking her head to the side. A faint cracking noise could be heard as she did so, for Jun's neck was feeling tense anyway so cracking it made her feel a little better."...I'm guessin' ya don't know yer purpose yet. Well don't 'chu worry. Everyt'ing in tha world's gots a purpose. Ya just gotta find out whut it is. Neva give up. Don't stop movin' forward. You gots strong legs, so git up an' use 'em...Yeah, dat's like, da cheesiest ting eva, but hell, it works." Jun said to him altough she didn't turn her head to speak. She just had her ear cocked to listen to him.

"...Anoder cheesy statement. Ever'one makes mistakes. Tha key is ta fix 'em. So, like ya said, water washes away mustakes. Water don't make mistakes, it fixes 'em. Kinda like an eraser to a pencil." Jun said with still confidence in her voice, But she sounded more calm and not as loud as before. Of course, she would rarely ever sound timid even though she spoke with more wisdom. Words she had spoken she had learned for herself. She intended to share this with whoever needed it. And from what she had observed thus far, Atoryu needed it.

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:52 pm

For the first time in a long while, Atoryu smiled. Not widely, and he didn't show his teeth, but somehow, it felt good. He had forgotten how another person could make him happy. Looking at Jun, he flicked one of his snow white ears and said, "Thank you, Jun." Ever since he was a child, he was taught that being endebted to someone was the same as being enslaved to them. But he felt grateful to this girl, this woman, and he didn't feel enslaved. "I appreciate your words."
She said something about erasers, and he thought about the days of when he used to scratch pictures out on the rocks of the mountains. Then, he used water to wash the etchings away. Water did wash away mistakes; it also washed away pain and sorrow. "If there's a God, water is his real gift to us," he said quietly, taking a neutral position. He had always thought there was some smart person behind the world's design, and whoever they were, they were good enough to give water to the world.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

[[Gaah! I HATE writer's block. ><; ]]

" Well den, yer welcome. Ain't a probelm ta give a few friendly words." Jun said nodding in approval. The female didn't speak again for a while, for she seemed to be lost in thought yet again. How strange, well another strange thing about her, was that she would always seem to stare off. One who was usually so loud and cheerful did not appear at all to be the type who'd want to watch scenery. But it was clear that the beach itself made the hothead want to sit quietly. At least for a limited amount of time before she spoke again. "...Well, iffen dere is a God, and I'm purty sure dere is, he did a damn good job. Dat's whut I tink." Jun said nodding once again. "...He done so much work, makin' tha world and all tha wondaful creatures runnin' 'round. Kudos ta him."

Teh Faust

Kannumiko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:00 am
[[I'm here, I just am busy- I thought I would get my post in to keep you from getting impatient. I'll add to it when I get back. ^^]]

Atoryu stood, stretching. The sand had been soft, but firm enough to where his human muscles had become knotted and sore. Wolf muscles were so much more suited for sitting, in that they folded much more readily. Still looking out to sea, he let the warm ocean breeze caress his face as he answered, "I believe he did. I don't know God's name, but he probably cares about us enough to give us water and a good place to live." He looked down at Jun, his long tail swishing. Her slender, lanky legs still were folded easily, as if sitting didn't bother her at all. Oh, of course. She's always human-she's probably used to it. He lifted one jean-clad leg and kicked out towards the open air to loosen the coiled soreness."I'm getting tired of sitting- do you want to walk?"

</~~~~~~~~~~Old/Removed posts~~~~~~~~~~>

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff