Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:05 pm
Diagnosis

According to the DSM-IV-TR, TS is indicated when a person exhibits both multiple motor and one or more vocal tics (although these do not need to be concurrent) over the period of 1 year, with no more than 3 consecutive tic-free months. Previous versions of the DSM required that the disturbance must cause distress or impairment in the individual's normal functioning, but this requirement has been removed from the most recent version of the DSM, in recognition that not everyone with the diagnosis has distress or impairment to functioning. The onset must have been before the age of 18, and cannot be attributed to the use of a substance or another medical condition. Hence, other medical conditions which include tics or tic-like movements (such as autism) must be ruled out before conferring a Tourette's diagnosis.

It is estimated that as many as 1 in 200 experience some form of tic disorder (transient tics, chronic tics, or Tourette's). [4] Males are affected 3 to 4 times more often than females. Most cases decrease in severity or cease entirely upon reaching adulthood.

As it is a spectrum disorder, the severity of the condition can range vastly. Those with mild cases are often highly functioning, so much so that others would not know of their condition. Severe cases (which are the rare minority) can inhibit or prevent the individual from engaging in common activities such as holding a job, having a fulfilling social life, or maintaining his/her basic need

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:11 pm
I can understand why it would be annoying then sad I hope it's not too bad  

Af Mas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:15 pm
Af Mas
I can understand why it would be annoying then sad I hope it's not too bad

I can still work and everything..but it's constant.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:21 pm
Hmm maybe I did have it back in highschool I use to knee jiggle all the time. At lunch it would always be your shaking the table again. I was pretty rough with it too. One time in a class on of the students asked me if I was ok. She thought there was somehting really wrong or something because all she saw was my upper body trembling slightly. It was of course do to my leg jerking. I never thought of it as a problem though. Just me being bored in class. However, thinking on it, I almost never do it anymore. I was doing it a bit to day, and it caught my attention because I was like Oh I haven't done this in the longest of times. xd  

Krissim Klaw

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:24 pm
Wait a minute...tics are a disorder? gonk I always get like...muscle tics in my thumb muscles and my eyes (probably too much drawing + lack of sleep = over exertion on muscles)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:25 pm
Rainey_angel81
That's ok. I don't mind. I have to concentrate when I'm out and about and try not to do anything, but most of it is compulsive.

Frequent blinking <--I've been able to almost stop this one unless I'm really stressed out

grimacing of forehead or pursing of mouth

constant hand clenching, cracking knuckles and cracking neck, stretching neck

sucking in stomach, having to clench muscles all the time

when I'm sitting, knee jiggle

stretching of limbs <--usually when I have to sit for long periods of time.

Doesn't everybody do at least some of that? sweatdrop I know that I at least do all of that, pretty much every day.

Selene Aries

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:26 pm
Tics? A disorder? Oh gods, now I have to send my sister back to the hospital. xD She always gets these 'cold chills' as she calls them and totally does this jerky-ish movement. Nah. Tics aren't a disorder I don't think, at least not what Asphy's talking about. that's your muscles telling you it's time for a break and a glass of water/protein bars.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:31 pm
Meph!stopheles
that's your muscles telling you it's time for a break and a glass of water/protein bars.

Which is especially helpful when you have a sudden loss of water and protein at that same time. ninja

Selene Aries

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:17 am
Diana Vulpes
Meph!stopheles
that's your muscles telling you it's time for a break and a glass of water/protein bars.

Which is especially helpful when you have a sudden loss of water and protein at that same time. ninja

Is that you being sarcastic Arty?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:36 am
Meph!stopheles

That wan't sarcasim whee That was an innuendo blaugh

Selene Aries

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:13 am
Diana Vulpes
Rainey_angel81
That's ok. I don't mind. I have to concentrate when I'm out and about and try not to do anything, but most of it is compulsive.

Frequent blinking <--I've been able to almost stop this one unless I'm really stressed out

grimacing of forehead or pursing of mouth

constant hand clenching, cracking knuckles and cracking neck, stretching neck

sucking in stomach, having to clench muscles all the time

when I'm sitting, knee jiggle

stretching of limbs <--usually when I have to sit for long periods of time.

Doesn't everybody do at least some of that? sweatdrop I know that I at least do all of that, pretty much every day.

some..but not all at the same time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:04 pm
Diana Vulpes
Meph!stopheles

Shame on you, need to save the sperm of the world. hey are just like really little tadpoles... XD  

Krissim Klaw

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:38 pm
Krissim Klaw
Diana Vulpes
Meph!stopheles

Shame on you, need to save the sperm of the world. hey are just like really little tadpoles... XD

*pales* I feel slightly ill......... eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:39 pm
This greatly offends me. It will most likely offend you and the whole guild as well.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7843328046135961700&q=furry

I was thinking of putting it as its own thread, but I didn't feel like it.  

Sexy_Daxter

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:48 pm
Sexy_Daxter
This greatly offends me. It will most likely offend you and the whole guild as well.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7843328046135961700&q=furry

I was thinking of putting it as its own thread, but I didn't feel like it.

Jeez, what a ditz. stare

Yet another ignorant fool being influenced by the lies of those like her. stressed

I truly despair for the human race. I truly do. stare  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games