Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 236 237 238 239 240 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 pm
I've gone dark blue now! xD

vballlver5: Well, that's good that you've improved. I got a C- on my first Pre-Calc quiz of the year, but my teacher is soo nice. Since no one else really got a much better grade than I did, she's letting anyone retake it, no matter what grade you got, and she's giving us the better of the two grades to put in the gradebook. I'm guessing since the HIGHEST passing grade was probably in the C range, she's not doing the "if you get 100% on a retake, you can only get as much as the lowest passing grade that someone got on the first try". And practically everyone's retaking it, so I'm guessing even that person with the high C will get a better grade the second time around.

Haha I love when teachers reference Harry Potter. It's so awesome to know that there are other HP freaks out there besides us and the other people in my classes =). Awww, the twins were so cute when they were younger. They're flippin' gorgeous now, but back then, they were adorable heart . Awesome! Make sure to give us a detailed review of it if you go!

Jedi: Well, I'm happy that your English is going better. I don't have an English class this semester since both my electives are next semester, so Book Club is the closest thing I have to an English class, and it only meets once a month during homeroom. Oh, don't you hate when math does that to you?! I have the same problems. I should send you my Pre-Calc teacher, she's awesome! But, yes, turning in your homework on time might help a bit. But, I'm glad to know that you're getting some help =).

Awww sad . -hugs- Crying is good when you're frustrated, it helps get your feelings out. But, remember, Colorguard isn't required. You can drop it with the excuse that you have too much homework or something.

So, are they supposed to be watching you guys play or something? Well, that's rude that they didn't congratulate you. You would've done it for them. I said this before and I'll say it again, neither of these activities are required for you to take. If you seriously don't like the way the coaches are running things, then quit. It'll open up your schedule a little bit too so you're not so stressed out. Then you could just play tennis for fun when you want to, and rejoin either or both of them next year if you want to. You have options, you don't have to stay and be miserable for the whole season.

Yup! Now I'm on The Battle of the Labyrinth. I'm on chapter ten, I think, and I really love this whole series. Except Nico can go die in a black hole for all I care...which he would probably think is a compliment, being a son of Hades, but still. I know he apologizes and forgives Percy about Bianca, but he should've been able to do that before. Has he ever known Percy to lie to him before? Gah, I could rant more, but I won't...I'll save you guys some extra, useless reading xD. Hmm, I don't think I've heard of The Last Apprentice. What's it about?

Sweetie, it's okay. I think we're mature enough to understand that you're life is probably much more hectic than ours is right now and that you can't always get on to post something every day. At least I understand that. And I've been there and done that with the internet thing. Isn't it just so annoying? But, just get on when you can, it's no biggie. I don't think anyone in this guild wants you to burn out xp .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:48 pm
So you know how I said that I was going into to see my math teacher after school yesterday? Yeah, didn't happen. I asked her after class yesterday if I could come after school to get help, and she said I could. So I went to my locker, got my stuff, then went to the band room to talk to one of the directors about last night's game, then I went to get changed, and by the time I got to her classroom, it was dark and the door was locked. And school had only been out for no more than 15 minutes. So then I went to talk to my math teacher from freshman year because he's amazing and the best math teacher I've ever had in my life, and he said he hadn't taught Pre-Calc in awhile so he had me go see my math teacher from last year because he teaches honors Pre-calc (if I hadn't dropped honors, I would've had him) and he helped me I suppose. I mean, we could only do a couple problems because then I had to leave for practice. But the reason that I wanted to talk to my current teacher was so we could go over the test, because even though I did make stupid mistakes, there were still things on the test that I don't fully understand. So that didn't work out quite as planned.

We're starting The Scarlet Letter in English and we're supposed to read the first four chapters this weekend, and I read the first sentence and was completely bored by it.

The thing is with Colorguard, I love the people (well, most of them at least) and I love doing the flagwork and I like the routines and I think they're fun and I love doing the field show and I love having our own section to sit in during the football games and I love being able to compare how hoarse our voices are after every game with all the marching band people, and I love hanging out with all my other marching band friends. I just don't like the coach. And I think I'd be really upset if I quit.

Same goes for tennis. I love playing, and I love going to pasta party's every week because we talk about things that we would never talk about at practice, I like when I'm not playing and I'm cheering for someone and their parents are there too, and we have the weirdest conversations that usually end up with us looking like idiots because we're laughing so hard, and I like everyone on the team as friends, but not particularly as teammates. Plus if I quit this far into the season, coach wouldn't let me on the team next year.

Sweet. I'm not going to say anything about Nico because I do not wish to spoil Battle of the Labyrinth and whatever the last one's called (my brain is totally fried right now-I'm lucky I can type full sentences that actually make sense), but I will say that Nico is definitely one of my favorite characters in the series.

I'm not very far into The Last Apprentice yet so I don't know fully what it's about. But I'll try to describe it best I can. So this kid (I think his name is Tom) is the seventh son of a seventh son, and that's supposed to be something special. So Tom in 13, and he now needs to get an apprenticeship, and the only person he can be an apprentice to is The Spook. The Spook basically goes from town to town ridding them of witches, boggarts, ghosts, etc. The Spook decides to take Tom on as an apprentice and so he has him do this test to see if he's made of the right stuff to be a Spook, and he is, and that's about all the farther I am in the book.

I had a tennis tournament today, but since I wasn't playing, I had to go and cheer on those who were playing for at least an hour (the tournament was hosted at our courts, if it wasn't I wouldn't have gone) so I was planning on staying for a better portion of the day, but then it started raining and storming, so since I had already stayed for an hour, I left and went to the book sale at the library and got more books to add to my collection. I bought Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult (already started it and I love it), Witch and Wizard by James Patterson and Dear John and The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Then I went home and slept for like, four hours because I was exhausted from last night's football game.

The football game was away last night, but it was against the other high school in our district, so the band had to go and play as a pep band (which meant we just stood on the sidelines and played. Basically what we do at a normal football game minus the field show). And it started late, so it got over even later than it normally would have and I didn't get home til 11:30ish last night and I didn't get to bed til 12:00 the had to get up at 6:45 this morning. So I was exhausted.

Also, yesterday in my Honors Earth Science class, we walked down to the river to look at things like rocks and minerals and certain land formations and figure out how they came to be. And it was so much fun. It was first block, so it was still pretty cool out and not super sunny so it was really nice. And for most of it we just sort of did what we wanted. Like we would go to various places down by the river, and answer the questions on the sheet about that place then we would explore it. I took tons of pictures on my cell phone. It was probably the best class I've ever had. That and the football game were the highlights of my week.

I hate when my internet doesn't work. And I don't even know why it'd doing that either. I mean, it was working perfectly fine about a month ago, and then all of a sudden right when school started, it started acting stupid and wouldn't work. So I've had to get passes to go down to the LRC to do school work every day but one last week during lunch ( meaning I couldn't actually eat my lunch). I really hate my computer. The only reason I've been on the past few days is because I've gone on the internet at 11:00 at night when it works.

That was a long post...

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:57 pm
Well, I will admit that that was a little rude of your math teacher to just leave without helping you, but you also didn't come to her room right after school. Maybe that's what she thought you meant, and maybe she thought you only had a few questions, and maybe she needed to get home soon after school ended. I hate to be a downer, but I think you're both at fault for that one. But, at least you got a little bit of help. I'd maybe try to get to school a little earlier and go ask your teacher for help before school starts. That way she can't leave on you.

I've never read The Scarlet Letter, but I've heard, from people other than you, that it's beyond boring. I feel for you.

Oh. You made it sound like the coaches were the things that would push you off the team, that they were the main people in both tennis and Colorguard and that, if you didn't like them, you would never like either of those again. Sorry, my bad. I think I can relate, though. That might be why I didn't quit volleyball in eighth grade because I liked everything except the coach, who wouldn't let me play. And when she did, I'd mess up because I was under pressure and I had stage fright, and I'd miss a serve that costed us the game and she'd throw that damn clipboard on the ground and start huffing and puffing and pissing and moaning about how we could've won if she didn't rotate me in at the last minute, but she had to because the rules for coaching volleyball at my middle school were that every player has to be in at least once and I wasn't in for the whole game until the last minute. I was so close to quitting, but I wanted to show that b***h that I could be just as good as the rest of that god damned team. But, of course, that didn't happen, and she didn't even apologize for yelling at me and putting me down when she was the one who said at the beginning of the season that she'd only put in people with good attitudes, that it doesn't matter if you're a good player or not. And who did she end up putting in? The good players who were complete bitches. She's such a hypocrite. At least the rest of the team wasn't getting high on attention because they agreed with me that she was being a total jerk about it and we were all ready to just up and quit at the same time, to make a statement. But, by the time we realized this, the season was almost over, so we just sweated it out until the end. Still, I think that's what made me not join the volleyball team in high school, even though I love playing. I just play for fun now and I was totally beast at it when we played in gym last year.

The last one is The Last Olympian. Well, you can go ahead and like Nico, but I really could care less for him. Maybe it's because I'm only on chapter fourteen and I haven't really seen him since he was left behind at Triple G Ranch...but, we'll see if I still hate him when the series is done.

Hmmm. That sounds pretty interesting. I actually did have those books on my To-Read list, I just completely forgot they were on there...haha.

Well. Leaving a tennis tournament to go buy books? I think that's a pretty fair deal xD. Okay, I've heard of this Jodi Picoult person, but I have no idea what she writes. What genre is she? WITCH AND WIZARD IS AWESOME! Sorry, just spazzed a bit there. Haven't read the other ones, but that book was freaking amazing. I recommend you read it when you have time. It's not that long, as you could probably tell, so it won't take you long to finish if you read a bit every day. But I'm sorry you've been exhausted. Cherish every minute of sleep you get =).

Oh, that sounds so cool! We go to do something along those lines for Accelerated Biology last year. It's always nice to get out of the classroom for a bit. That's why I love that my gym class has been walking outside for the hour all year so far. It's so calming and peaceful =).

I'd hate your computer too. I'm sorry it isn't working right. Can I make a suggestion? I think you need to go by a pinata and bang the crap out of it. Or get a punching bag and take out all your frustrations on it. It should help you burn off some of that dang-blasted stress.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Well, I've pulled my grade to a C now. That's an accomplishment since I had an F on Friday. But then we took a test that I did fairly well on (by my standards) and my teacher forgot to put some assignments into the computer so that helped. And I did test corrections so it pulled that test grade up from an F- to an F+ (yes, she did write F+ on people's tests).

The concept and story line of The Scarlet Letter is interesting, and the supernatural and dark romantic part of it is fascinating, but it's extremely dense (the fact that it's written in 1850 doesn't help much). And I like it when I understand it, but it'll never be favorite book.

Well, you were right in the fact that I don't like either of my coaches, and if I didn't like almost every other aspect of Colorguard and/or tennis, then I would heavily contemplate quitting, but I only have a week and a half left of tennis, and two and a half more weeks of marching band so soon I'll be free of all the sucky coaches.

That sucks that you had a sucky volleyball coach. I mean, having a sucky coach can really kill a sport for you.

Haha...yeah it was nice to leave the tournament early. We ended up finishing the tournament last Wednesday and yeah.

I'm not really sure what she writes, I mean I can't say for sure because the only books I've read by her are My Sister's Keeper and Handle With Care, but they seem to question human morals. Like in Handle With Care, it sort of questions when and who should decide if someone is born or not because the main character is born with a severe genetic disorder (except it was genetic, it was a random mutation) and the mom sues her best friend/obstetrician because she says that her doctor should have told her sooner that her child might have had that disease because there were signs early on in the pregnancy, and then the mom has to say that if she knew that then she would have terminated her baby when she would not have done that. And then her husband-the dad-disagrees and says that their daughter is perfectly fine the way she is and stuff. So I don't know exactly what genre, but I know that the stuff she writes about questions human morals and such. She's an awesome author, and I would recommend you read anything by her.

Gotta cut this short-my mom is yelling at me to get off the computer, like, right now.

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:23 pm
Well, a C really isn't that bad when you think about it. I mean, it could be a lot worse, plus you've been stressed out lately and it's a class that you don't fully understand. Since when are there such things as F+'s and F-'s? I thought there were just F's?

Oooh, the "supernatural and dark romantic part" got me there. I always thought it was one of those dry literature books with no imagination whatsoever? Oh, yeah, oldentime books. Always fun reads (not really).

Oh, that's good. At least neither of them are year-round. So, I'm guessing that also means that your schedule will open up a little and you won't be so stressed because you have more time to focus on your schoolwork.

Oh, don't I know it. She just killed volleyball for me. I was gonna join in high school, but she made me feel so bad about myself that I figured I wouldn't have made it anyway, so I didn't even try out. Plus the whole practices every day and games on weekends and me not being a sports person were other reasons I didn't try out, but the main one was because of her. I still play for fun, but not competitively. I hate competitions anyway since it always seems to be my fault whenever my team loses. Everyone always blames me, even when I didn't do anything wrong. I'm sick of it. Winning isn't everything. You should play for fun, not to win. But, of course, this crazy, mixed up world thinks that the only way you can feel good about yourself is beating up everyone in your path just to get to your pot of gold, leaving the people that mean the most in your life behind.

Ooh, that sounds like a pretty good storyline. It seems like something that would be on House or one of those other medical drama shows. I'll definitely look into one of her books when I have time...and when I think about it.

Alrighty. I know that was a while ago, but goodnight!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 pm
Yeah, a C really isn't that bad. And I never thought teachers actually gave out F+ 's and stuff. I mean, an F is an F, right? I mean, you still failed the test.

Yeah, The Scarlet Letter was written in the Romantic literature period. There was a lot of supernatural things in literature during the Romantic period, especially with Dark Romantics like Hawthorne.

Thank god neither is year-round. I have one more week of tennis and two more weeks of marching band then I'm done til May. Our colorguard coach talked about starting a winterguard, and it sounds fun and everything, but if it means spending more time with her, then no, I won't do it. I want to, but I won't. Plus it'll eat up all my time and I want to be able to crack down on my school work after tennis and everything is done, and be able to hang out with my friends on the weekends and everything.

Why does it seem that all volleyball coaches are horrible? I'm pretty sure no one likes the sophomore or varsity volleyball coach at my high school. And my cousin played volleyball at her college, but she just quit this past week. Her team had an out of town tournament last weekend, and they had to take a plane there (I forget where it was), and then they came back and had a game the day after they got back. So of course they were exhausted from all the playing plus the jet lag. And they lost in 5 games (so they won two of the games, the other team won 3). And so they get back to the school at like, 12:00 at night, and the coach yells at them for 2 hours telling them how much they suck and everything. And that really stressed my cousin out, and her doctor doesn't want her to be stressed right now. So she went in the next day to talk to the coach and tell her that and have a nice long conversation with, her but when she walks into her office, her coach is all like, "What are you doing here?" and so my cousin told her right then and there that she quit the team. She originally was going to finish the season this year then wait and see if anything changed with the coaches by next year and then decide if she was going to quit, but that was the final straw for her. Apparently, 9 of the other girls on her team are either quitting or transfering to another school to play volleyball.

I love House. It's an awesome show.

Today, we had a tennis tournament at our school. So since I wasn't playing (they only played 2 singles and 3 doubles), I had to go and watch, which I didn't mind except for the fact that it was like 45 degrees out, cloudy and windy. It was so beyond cold, and for whatever reason I stayed for the whole time. But I was dressed at least for it. I had sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, hoodie, my letterman, and my moccasins. What I don't understand is why does every single tennis tournament have to be cold, cloudy and windy? I don't get it. And we had a few medical problems today too. One of the girls on one of the other teams wasn't feeling good so they had to send her home, one of the girls on our team is diabetic, and her blood sugar was low so she had to take a medical time out, and a girl on one of the other teams had a bad asthma attack so we had to call the trainers down and then they called an ambulance so she had to forfeit. Not a good day all around, but our team came in 2nd, so that was good.

That was longer than I thought it'd be...

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:30 pm
Yeah, that's why I never thought teachers actually gave out F+'s and F-'s. But, I guess every teacher is a little different...

Ooh. Dark Romantics is really intriguing. What's Hawthorne about?

What's in May? Oh, yeah, I would advise not doing the winterguard thing, especially when you're already stressed out enough and you hate the coach. But it sounds like your life is going to go back to at least semi-normal in a couple more weeks, so yay for you!

O.O Wow. My problems with my coach were petty compared to her's. Her coach kinda sounds like my fifth grade volleyball coach, who would scream at me if I didn't move for the ball fast enough or if I didn't do warm ups correctly the first time or if my bumps/sets (we didn't do much spiking in fifth grade since we were just learning) were off and went out of bounds and costed us the ball and a point (even if it was just a scrimmage between us and the seventh/eighth grade team that didn't count for anything). Actually, we kinda have this running inside joke in my middle school that, whenever certain people are playing volleyball, we say "Watch out for the ceiling tiles!" because there are some people who are really strong and can't control the ball very well, so when they bump it too hard, it goes and breaks a tile on the ceiling, and few times, they fell down and the person who did it had to clean it up in front of the rest of the class. That was basically the only fun part...My sixth grade coach was alright, but she was really softspoken and nice...I liked her a lot as a person, but not really as a coach...I don't think nice coaches work too well. My seventh grade coaches were pretty cool, I liked them the best (they were husband and wife. It was originally going to be just the wife, but she had back surgery and she didn't think she could coach us alone, so her husband and their son Matthew came in and helped). And eighth grade...yeah, you know about her...So, not all volleyball coaches are horrible...just ones that take it too seriously.

I've wanted to watch House for a while, but I feel weird starting to watch it when I haven't seen it from the beginning. I wish it was on Hulu...or that I could get it from the library, but because it's so popular, it's always checked out and I'd have to be put on a waiting list. And by the time it's my turn to have them, I won't be in the mood to watch it anymore...I could buy them, but I'd hate to have to buy DVD box sets of a show I've never seen, apart from a few episodes. Or maybe they're on YouTube...I should go check.

Ohh yeah, the weather's almost exactly the same here. Autumn's officially here! I'm excited, I love autumn. Cooler weather, hoodies, bonfires, changing leaves, and Halloween. How awesome is that?! I'm sorry you don't like the cold, though. That's when you get a really comfortable, big, fuzzy sweatshirt and cuddle up in it. It's almost like you're at home, in bed, except your ears and nose feel like they're gonna fall off. Oooh...medical problems everywhere! Well, at least you weren't bored to death =). I hope they get better, though. I get the asthma thing and the 'not feeling well' thing...not the diabetic thing, though...Yay for second place! =D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:14 pm
Well, I can't really tell you exactly what Hawthorne's about, because the only things I've read by him are The Scarlet Letter and The Minister's Black Veil. But most of his stuff has the same sort of morals, but I can't remember them right now. Same with Edgar Allen Poe, but again, I can't remember them. We just started studying the Fireside poets of Romanticisim, and they're pretty cool. Like they're poetry is really easy to understand and everything. And then we had to mimic one of the poets on a sheet my teacher gave us and write a poem using the same rhyming scheme and meter, and it had to have a similar subject and possibly moral. So I thought it was pretty fun to write it, but then again, I also like writing poetry because I'm just a dork like that.

Marching band does the Memorial Day Parade every year so we have a couple of practices about the week before it.

You can catch a lot of the old House marathons on USA or Bravo. USA usually has House marathons on Thursdays and/or Fridays, and Bravo usually has House marathons on Saturdays but they haven't for the past couple weeks. They normally show all the old episodes from as far back as the first episode.

I don't mind the cooler weather and everything, because I like wearing hoodies and sweatpants and boots and stuff but I hate when it gets so cold that you can't even go outside without freezing your butt off.

I got an A+ on my Pre-calc quiz that I took last Friday, so I was pretty excited about that. And then we had a test today that I think I did fairly well on so far (I didn't finish it, so I have to go in tomorrow morning to finish it).

For my Interior Design class, we have to pick a room and redesign it, so I'm redesigning my best friend's room and making it Harry Potter-ish. I'm painting the walls maroon with gold stenciling (she's a Ravenclaw at heart, but she likes red, and maroon would give the room a much more comfortable feeling than dark blue). Also, I'm going to put in bookshelves, a new desk with swivel chair, new carpet, a black leather chair for reading, new bedding, window treatments, lighting, everything. It's going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Unfortunately, her parents would never let her do this in real life. Oh well...

But I'm not really doing anything else. Like nothing else has happened recnently. Which is good because I like having my life be nice and quiet and peaceful.

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:58 am
Hello fellow Ravenclaws -offers hugs-

The muggle world is being mean to me. I have to move, I don't know where, and there are lots of other mean things going on (my stepfather trying to throw away all my childhood things and turn my room at my mother's house into a 'guest room'... my stepmother already turned my old room at my father's house into her personal golf shrine.) Oh, and my stepmother is divorcing my dad based on lies and stretched truths. That makes me sad. I'm going to keep plugging away but I swear I feel like my brain is just going to bleed out of my ears one of these days.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:40 pm
Sorry it's been a while. I just started college and it's a little bit overwhelming.

Omg! There's a Harry Potter Exhibition at the Seattle Science Center (I live close by) and I really want to go. I'm not sure what it's like, though, because people aren't allowed to take pictures inside (what is this nonsense.) and the tickets are pretty expensive ($27). I think it was in Chicago a while ago? /unsure.
Beyond that, Deathly Hallows p1 is coming out, which is superfantabulastically exciting! Though it's a little sad that the series is ending ):

Oh man, precalculus is the hardest year of math you will ever take. Ever. On the plus side, once you're through, you have plenty of options which do not involve math ever again hahah.

I love Jodi Picoult! She has so many books, and all of them are pretty good. I definitely cry every book...embarrassing, but every book is jam packed with new things to learn on top of having an amazing plot.

On a random note--meatball, your avatar has a exploding/glittery yellow halo-thing, what is that?  

turayza

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm
Yeah, the Harry Potter Exhibition did come to Chicago last spring. My best friend went with her family, and she said that it was totally awesome, it was so worth the $27. And she bought a t-shirt that on the front says D.A. and on the back has all the D.A. member's names written on it.

I can't wait til DH part 1 comes out. I'm actually counting down the days in my planner. The movie comes out 25 days from tomorrow. I went to Hot Topic today and I bought a DH t-shirt. It looks exactly like the movie poster...it's so exciting. My mom said she might let me go see it at midnight when it comes out as long as I can get up for school the next day.

I like Pre-calc. I'm not doing so great in it (which actually makes me really mad, I need an A in that class to take A.P. Stats next year) but I like it. I just love math period. My favorite classes so far in high school have been Algebra 2 and Geometry.

I haven't really done much lately. My life's been kinda boring since tennis and marching band are over so I've just been lazing around, though I did start dance this week since tennis and MB no longer interfere with it.

I can't believe Halloween is only a week away...what's everyone gonna be for Halloween?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 pm
I believe I've been rather absent lately. Sorry, I've been focused on other guilds.

Anyway, I caught a glimpse of the title Witch and Wizard by James Patterson in previous posts. Excellent book, but be forewarned that it doesn't actually end. I got the book for Christmas last year, practically devoured it, and was appalled to find out that the next book doesn't come out till about 1-2 weeks before Christmas this year. Isn't that the most irritating? Finally finding a book that is extremely interesting and having to wait a year or more for the sequel. Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting The Gift, which is the next book in the series.

Just thought I'd add my two Knuts. Hehe.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Oh, and this year I was lazy in the costume department. Our church had their trick-or-treat tonight. So I put on an orange shirt, black pants, and a green bandanna, and called myself an impression of a pumpkin. lol.

Anyone more creative than me?  

Matelia legwll

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:46 am
Dang, I completely forgot to reply to these...lol.

Jedi: Ooh fun poetryness! xD

I don't have cable or U-Verse or Dish or anything like that, just antenna TV, so I don't get USA or Bravo, but I get Fox. So, if I wanna watch House, it's gotta be when the new episodes are on...or when I buy/rent the DVDs.

Yeah, it's gotten really cold here lately...and it's only 40 degrees. I guess that proves how warm our summer was.

Well, my Pre-Calc teacher is on maternity leave for three weeks (which I find a bit strange because she had her baby in like July, but I'm guessing if a teacher has a baby during the summer, they still get the six weeks of maternity leave during the year, and with a math teacher, you can't really leave your class for six weeks and trust a sub to teach things right or even find a math sub for the whole six weeks) so we have a sub right now who can't teach for her life and she's a real nerd. I mean, my normal Pre-Calc teacher is a nerd too, but she's nerdy because she's trying to be funny. This sub chick (she didn't even tell us her name, but I think it's Mrs. Sholtz or something) is being nerdy because that's how she is...I feel so mean right now, but I can just picture her getting bullied because she's like the female version of Steve Urkel. But, she's a math sub, so at least we have some sorta teaching going on, but I don't think she's certified to teach Pre-Calc. She kind of strikes me as an Algebra teacher...which would explain why she had to draw either a triangle or a unit circle to remember sin, cos, and tan values for our "Warm-Up"s that we do before we start taking notes. I'm with the rest of my class, I can just see my grade dropping over the next three weeks...well, actually two weeks now, yes! And the week after next week is WKCE testing for the sophomores and since they're in the classrooms instead of the field house, the rest of us don't have to come in until they're done and have had lunch, which is 11:36, then we have either four or five shortened classes depending on the day, and they're arranging it so we go to each class twice in the three days that the sophomores are testing (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday), so I only have to deal with her for next week, then two full days on WKCE week and two half days. My teacher picked great timing to do this since this last week we had a three day week because of teacher's conventions, so I only had to deal with her for two days (my teacher was there on Monday). But, anyway, we just finished a test on Monday and she told us that our grades will be magically updated online when she's gone, but she hasn't graded our tests yet and I really wanna know how I did! The last two tests I got B's on both of them, and the Unit Circle quizzes that we have every Friday I got an A+ on the first one and I think a D on the second one because I'm not that great with radians...

Dude, that room sounds awesome! I wish I could redesign my room to be Harry Potter-ish.

Aw, you're lucky you have a DH T-shirt already...I haven't had time to go to Hot Topic in a while...but they actually have Ravenclaw shirts now, except they might just be online...crap if they are, xP. But, yeah, even my parents are excited for the movie to come out, but they don't like that they have to wait so long for Part 2...neither do I, really, but at least the HP hype will be around a little bit longer =).

I'm actually really starting to like math too, although I'm still a science nerd at heart. I loved Geometry...everyone told me Geometry was going to be hard and boring, but I loved it personally. Trig was awesome too, and Pre-Calc is actually going very well and doing wonders for my self-esteem when I have a B for a final grade. I'm not taking AP Stats because I won't have room next year with all my science classes...plus my teacher last year didn't think I was qualified because I was holding a C in his class all year...well, I'm sor-ry that you're a horrible teacher and the way you explain things doesn't click in my head...

It's nice that your life is more relaxed, though. You're not so stressed now, I bet.

meatball: Oh, dear, that's definitely a lot to handle. I'm sorry your life isn't being good to you =(. -huggles- I hope it all works out soon.

turayza: ...Why does everything cool always have to be so far away from me?!

I think both Jedi and I are in agreement that it's not the HARDEST CLASS EVER and that we're actually enjoying it. I found Advanced Algebra w/ Trig. to be harder than Pre-Calc. But, I have to take AP Calc in order to get into Pre-Pharmacy/Pharmacy school, so my math is far from over.

Matelia: Hm, have we met? o.O Your username doesn't look familiar...

Witch and Wizard is awesome! I was hoping there was going to be a second book because he didn't really end on a very final note...

Lol well, I'm not going as anything because I have nowhere to where a costume to other than school, and I missed that on Wednesday (our last day this past week) because I completely forgot to plan ahead. Ugh I keep missing out on Halloween! It's my favorite holiday, I shouldn't be missing out! But, at least I can hand out candy and watch horror movies <3.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:05 pm
It's been really cold down here too. I've actually been wearing my winter coat this past week and I've still been cold standing down at the bus stop. And a couple days last week were windy as h*** so that made it even worse.

Yeah, that's kinda weird that she would take three weeks off this far into the school year. My english teacher is pregnant but she is only taking a week off for maternity leave because it's the week leading into Christmas that her baby is due, then she'll come back and finish off the semester, because after winter break, we have like, two weeks left, then she'll take part of second semester off.

I'm sorry that you have a really bad sub for Pre-Calc. I remember doing the unit circle. We did that, like the second day of school. I never use it anymore because I pretty much have all the values memorized. I mean, you really only need to know sin and cos because you can figure out the rest from just those two. But holy crap, I absolutely hands down suck at radians. If there is anything with radians, I will always convert them to degrees. I'm actually doing a lot better in Pre-Calc now. I got an A+ on the most recent chapter test, and A on the chapter quiz, and a B on the test before, so I'm doing a lot better now. My school doesn't have a Trig class-we just do trig stuff in pre-calc and that's it. I was the same with geometry. Everyone said that it was hard and I shouldn't take honors and proofs suck and everything, but I actually loved geometry. The fact that I had a super awesome teacher probably helped a lot.

I finished the project redesigning my friend's room last week, and when I was finished, it looked awesome. It definitely had a Gryffindor common room feel to it. And I got a 100% on it. So I was pretty excited about that.

They had Ravenclaw shirts at the Hot Topic I went to. They actually had shirts for all four houses.

I'm so glad that I have more time now. My grades are definitely starting to reflect that now. All of my grades have improved, even if only be a couple percent, they've still improved.

Originally, I wasn't going to do anything for Halloween, I would probably just read in my room or something. But my friend told me last week that she was going to have a Halloween party at her house, so I'm going to her party, and I'm gonna dress up as a Ranger from the Ranger's Apprentice series because I already have a cloak and boots and everything, so I didn't need to buy anything so it was pretty cheap.

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:29 pm
My friend found this really LONG house quiz but i took it anyway just to see and IM once again in good old Ravenclaw heart  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 236 237 238 239 240 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff