Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:35 am
If what I have said offended you...

Right. I was thinking for some reason that chicken winging + straight rifle = wrist bend to painful 90 degree angle. A simple rotation of the wrist is all one needs though. My mistake.

... then it was probably intentional.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
OberFeldwebel
I could figure Pineapple Express would be gunfail. Since they smelled the guns with no regard for safety and said it smelled like 'tapioca', I'm guessing they're referring to the pudding since actual tapioca has no odor or taste. If not they're full of foodfail as well.

... that and Mr. Neckinjuryguy said, "thug life!"

Actually the fight scene where he got the neck injury was pretty good. xd One of the drug dealers was chicken winging with an AK! gonk

Overlooking the sideways bit, I've been told by competitive shooters that chicken-winging is acceptable with any rifle .30 or bigger, as it helps absorb recoil.

I wouldn't risk it with a .50 rifle. xd

You really shouldn't even fire a .50 cal. rifle without the bipod. The recoil's a b***h, even with the muzzle brake.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:26 am

If I were going to fire a .50 cal I'd want to use a mounted machine gun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:27 am
Rommel_Desert_Fox

Same here. Fired a friend's .30 (.300WinMag, maybe) once from prone and it damn near broke my collarbone. I wouldn't fire a .50 on anything less than a tripod mount.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:29 pm
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

Same here. Fired a friend's .30 (.300WinMag, maybe) once from prone and it damn near broke my collarbone. I wouldn't fire a .50 on anything less than a tripod mount.
Try an 8mm Mauser carbine. The rifle kicked back a whole foot after firing.

Remember Rambo? During the interview about the weapons in the movie, they said that when they test-fired the M2 on the back of the truck, the recoil ripped the floor of the truck bed out. They had to put in a 2-inch steel plate to prevent it from happening again.

By the way, most realistic recreation of what .50 BMG will do to a human body I've ever seen.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:36 pm
Requiem6661
Try an 8mm Mauser carbine. The rifle kicked back a whole foot after firing.

Kar98k < M38/M44. talk2hand  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am
User Image

Need I say it?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:45 am
Fresnel
User Image

Need I say it?

I'm guessing the weapons double as flame throwers in that game?  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:00 pm
war_junky 91
Fresnel
User Image

Need I say it?

While firing the triple-barreled machine gun (which wasn't a weapon in-game anyway) into the air qualifies, it's not what I was referring to.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:19 pm
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
User Image

Need I say it?

While firing the triple-barreled machine gun (which wasn't a weapon in-game anyway) into the air qualifies, it's not what I was referring to.

Hmm, the WWI mixed with WWII style German helmet matched with a very American rifle?

Over sized grip? Warped stock?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:56 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
User Image

Need I say it?

Hmm, the WWI mixed with WWII style German helmet matched with a very American rifle?

Has nobody here ever played Wolfenstien? I'll give you a hint. B.J. Blazkowicz, the player-character, is an Allied spy escaping Castle Wolfenstien (a Nazi stronghold and prison) with nothing but the pistol and bayonet he stole from the guard he overpowered.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 pm
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

You're doing it wrong. I fired a .340 Weatherby Magnum with no bipod, just resting over the hood of my truck and it kicked hard, but it was manageable.  

Maelthra Reloaded

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

You're doing it wrong. I fired a .340 Weatherby Magnum with no bipod, just resting over the hood of my truck and it kicked hard, but it was manageable.
Probably am, but if I'm gonna do it wrong once, I'm gonna do it wrong again.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
User Image

Need I say it?

Has nobody here ever played Wolfenstien? I'll give you a hint. B.J. Blazkowicz, the player-character, is an Allied spy escaping Castle Wolfenstien (a Nazi stronghold and prison) with nothing but the pistol and bayonet he stole from the guard he overpowered.

OH yeah. Didn't even think about that.  

OberFeldwebel

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:51 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
User Image

Need I say it?

I played it. It was a fun game. I also face palmed at the sight of the Nazi soldier with an M16. I assumed that is what you meant.

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games