Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply ~~*RPG Area!*~~~
The Creeping Sleep ~ D&D style fantasy rp Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

As the air grows thick, summer arrives.Spreading fast in the unevitable heat,
  this multiplying destroyer of human meat,with it's sparing few lives.
  Darkening limbs, nowhere to begin.An endless row of soldiers,
  carrying their weapons and kin,have not the force, to make this endin'
  A seriekiller, yet not in prison.The laughter grows silent,
  city dissolving into flames,but never really gone,
  in it's neverending reign.
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 am
The cleirc smiled and told her the directions. She looekd nervously at Shar.
"What are we to do with your friend. m'am?"

--

"The Drow are unlikely to travel in the day." Craban said, hoping to add something positive to the discussion.
"We're weaker in daylight - sometimes even as weak as humans. Our wepons become unaffective, and the whole process is unsettling for those who've never ventured form underground. It's unlikely they'd make a sea crossing in the daylight."
He bagn to pace about, folding his arms.
"As far as we know, the Sleep hasn't reached this area, and the mountains are a long way away. The Underdark enterances usually make use of natural caves, and as far as I know there isn't anotehr enterance in this area for many miles. So for any drow to get to us, they need to cross the sea, or march down form the next enterance, which would take at least three days with standard transport. I think they gave us that time period because it's unlilely they could attack us before then."
he then scratched his head.
"Of course they could have enlisted mercenaries of other races - in fact it's very likely. But they'll be a smaller force - so we coudl fight them if they use mercenaries to pick of evacuees."

He stepped upto Kyrun.
"But you see, I don't thik they will pick us off. You have to understand how proud my people are - they have no desire to slaughter civilians fleeing, the fact that they are fleeing is enough of an ego-boost. It proves that we're afraid. They may try to stop us seeking aid from other races or sources, that is true....but at the same time who knows? There's been plenty fo battles where we have pushed up the odds against our favour in order to secure a more glorious victory."
He turned bac to the king.
"All I am saying, is that we cannot judge the drow's tactics in any comparison to our own. the value systems and forms of military warfare are entirely different. But i do not think that they will kill our refugees, even if they could get across the sea faster. There is no honour in it."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:28 am
"So we have a good chance to get reinforcements and evacuate safely. If we can get them to fight in broad daylight, and in good weather, we have a better chance, even if we have no help. With aid, we could even win."

Vence nodded in mild exitement, getting a plan formed in his head already for defences.

"Can I see a map of this place and the surrounding territories?" he asked the king.  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 am
The king nodded and his gaurds hurried off to get them.
Craban was glad that he was finally being of use.

Meanwhile, Shar ignored the cleric and strode off towards the throneroom, curious as to what was happening.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 am
Orla watched as Shar left. "He is no friend of mine," she replied in mild annoyance. Orla took a deep breath to clam herself. The risen tension was getting to her. She gave an apologetic tilt of her head and soon she to headed towards the throneroom which the cleric had provided.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm
The cleric nodded a little confused and embarassed, but glad she had been of assistance.

Shar recahed the throneroom and opened the doors loudly. Craban jumped and span around.
"Shar?! You're healed." His mix of alarm at his brotehr being here and relief at his being healed confused him for a moment and Shar took teh oppertunity to stride over and stare at teh king.
"What is happening?" he asked.

"Um, you're highness, this is my brother Silin'shar." he said, not wanting to lie to the king, nor wanting to give any indication Shar was a prisoner. He didn't like that Shar was here. If his brother listened to any plans or somehow recived infomration the Drow could use, and later managed to escape, it could be a major problem, and all blame woudl fall on Craban. He didn't want his brother to sabotage them either.
But he coudln't let him just go... he gave a nervous glance at Shar.

Shar nodded in what was somewhat reluctant acknowledgement of the king's status.
"You're highness." he said shortly, and with a subtle note of irony.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:38 pm
Vence watched Shar step in, and gave him a nod in greeting. He had to wonder...would Shar help? It was obvious his loyalty was with the Drow, and he hated is brother, too. But maybe...who knew? He may decide to cooperate. He returned to his thoughts of planning, still waiting for a good map. The gaurds would probably be back with one soon.  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Orla finally found her way to the throne room-the sound of familar voices aided in her search. She lingered back in the shadows of the entertrance being unsure of the customs of this race on how to approach their leader figures.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm
Craban glanced behind hima nd spotted Orla. He nodded for her to enter.
"erm, you're madjesty - anotehr of our allies, this is miss Orla."
The king raised his head in an interested greeting, but was obviously still preoccupied.

Craban side stepped so he was next to Shar. Sure enough, he was a good 4 inches taller than his elder brother.
"I know it is of little consequence to you, but please can you behave and remain civil. Just for now. I beg of you." he said in a very low and quiet voice, speaking in Drow just enough for teh elvish ears to pick up. Shar snorted.
"I am no fool. If I show myself as traitor they will interrogate me. I am happy to listen...for now." He gave an indulgent smile and Craban wincd. Yes, he had no doubt that Shar would 'listen' and rely al details bac to the enemies at the first oppertunity.

Soon the gaurds returned carrying several maps- one fo which was roled in a scroll and large enough to be caried betwee them. They fetched a table and unrolled the largest map out on it. It was an old and beautifully painted map of the surrounding area. there were new additions to it, also skillfully painted and inked onto it. Craban moved forwads to look at it, and Shar followed closely behind.

"Here." the King rose from his seat to the table and tapped at their town on the coastline.  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:03 pm
Orla entered into the room with caution-still uneasy about being inside the enclosed structures for so long. She tried to be as quiet as possible with her hooves against the hard floor. Limping slowly, trying to avoid putting weight on her leg as the cleric requested, and stood close by to Craban.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:32 pm
Vence bent over to inspect the map more closely. Seeing as they were on the coast, there were some mountainous regions more inland. If there were any entrances there, that would be an advantage to the Drow. This he pointed out.

"Is there one here, Craban?" he turned his head toward him. He would know, he supposed, and Shar would know, no doubt, but he figured he wouldn't tell if there were or not.  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 pm
Craban exchanged a nervous glance with Shar. Shar simply raised his eyebrows and gave him a look of distaste.
Craban sighed and closed his eyes for a moment as if to shake off any feelings of guilt and proceeded to place his finger on the map. The map was large and quite far recahing, incorperating many cities and the capital. while there were mountainous regions, the greatest mountains were a significent distance away.

"We genrally keep away from coastal areas. The caves are subject to erosion. As far as I know, there is a narrow tunnel extending somewhat under the sea, but it collapsed perhaps a decade ago. The slaves were digging it out, but I heard no word last time i was Under about it." He flicked his eyes upto the kinga dnhis guards. "I left the Underdark some five years ago. But I can't see them having excavated it. The coastal mountains are genrally temporary settings that are only linked upto the main network through very thin tunnels. They're only used by merchants and I belive unsuitable or armies to pass under. But it's possibility i guess."

he traced a finger from the coastal merchant enterance, across the land in a stright line to head for the more imposing mountain region a significently large distance away.

"We have had cases of the Sleep here." The advisor spoke up when Craban stopped his finger at the mountains. "The vilages around it's base have even infected, but our vassals in those cities have struggled to contain it."

"There are two enternaces in these mountain regions. These enternaces are owned by the Zesquiri family. The centers of Drow power lie deeper underground and far from the enterances and are owned by the Lolthian covenant. These lie to the East and Southeast, but don't have enterances I know of. They pride themselves that they are some of the most subterranean levels."

Craban sighed. "I hope that is a help. The two higher-mountain enternaces inland are probably what they would use to send out troops."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:26 pm
"That is a definite help. Thank you, Craban." Vence looked at the map in other areas as well now.

"Drow prefer the underground then. I doubt they will do anything that involves water. I think we're safe if it comes to the ocean. Most of our defences will be here then," he pointed to the north of the city, toward the mountains.

"If it is possible, he can have defences built here. A few small opening may be allowed, but nothing more. The ocean we can use, maybe build a base tethered to the ocean floor. A giant ship/base, you could say."  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:42 pm
"You're right, although we are pressed for time." The king said. "I am not entirely convinced that they won't cross the sea."

he looed up at Shar. "What of you? You haven't spoken of yet."

Shar blinked and folded his arms, meeting the king's eyes. He didn't wnat to say anything, but new beter than to insult a human king when he was probably already under suspicion. He gave a nonchalant shrug.
"I don't belive they will cross the sea." he said, somewhat casually. Craban glared at him and then turned bac to the king.

"I belive they would cross, sir. If they see it as the quickest way. They would do it at night, I imagine, but i can't be sure."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:56 pm
Orla remained silent through their planning. She had little to offer in such matters of war. Her kind normally kept out in such situations with the two-legs unless their own territory was threatened or asked directly. They were similar to the elves in that way she supposed.  

0Moon_Maiden0

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:09 pm
Vence nodded, taking in the information.

"We would have the upperhand at sea, to be sure. Most Drow have never seen the sea, much less been on it. Most would be sick probably. Have some ships and anti-ship weaponry on the shores and we should be fine. Archers would be suggested if they get too close to shore. Fire arrows may be reccamended. i can supply the fire, don't worry about oil or anything." He smiled, knowing only one person in this room really understood his meaning.

"On land is another story. Drow are strong, even in daylight. We want to avoid a fight at night, as that would be suicide, pretty much. A wall would be good to have, if possible. It owould be made of wood, but maybe the front facing the drow should be reinforced with steel or something similar. The Drow would easily set fire to the wall if not. The walls here in this fortress city are not enough alone."  
~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games