Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Welcome to the Ska Guild!!!! (Introductions Here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JustinGoSka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:27 pm
My name is Justin, I'm 19. I've been in to ska for about 4 years. The best show I would have to say that I went to would have been to see The Skatalites, with Go Jimmy Go and Chris Murray opening. I love 1st wave and two tone ska. Some 3rd wave is pretty good too, but not all of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:59 am
Hey :]
Name: Sam
Lives: Ontario, Canada

I haven't been into ska for very long, maybe about 2 years, BUT for those whole two years I have been crazy about it. :]

IAmJacksSmirkingRevenge

Irish_Savvy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 pm
Hey..I'm Sam. I reside in Southern California. I'm fairly new to ska, but I have been a huge fan of No Doubt and Sublime for a long time. I know there is way more to Ska than that and that is why I am here...to learn about this genre and find more awesome bands.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:27 am
hey, im garrett, im 18 years olds, live central cali, fresno. been into ska and punk for the past 5 years. dont really know or enjoy anything else than music and skating.  

Dead_AvengerS

scarlet_jubilee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:16 pm
Hey =D
I'm Marissa, and i'm seventeen. i live in SLC, Utah.
I have loved ska since i was a little child... of about 11.
=D  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:50 pm
Hey all!

Name: Shayne

I don't really have a favorite ska band, but I do get to hang out with RBF whenever they're around since my boyfriend's band always plays with them =]  

ShayneMarie

Mephiisto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:32 pm
Dustin, age 16, got into ska about a year and a half ago when a buddy of mine wanted me to play alto/bari sax in his ska band. i had never actually heard ska, so he basically gave me a pile of cds of ska bands from 1st to 3rd wave, and from there i fell in love with it. im also a bit of an old jazz enthusiast, if you will. im also in band and i play alto, tenor, and bari sax, clarinet, and flute. im mainly learning the flute so ill have a better shot at getting into college though. but anyway, im out of toronto, canada and its fu$king cold up here. so no canadian jokes! ill be watching... ninja

just kidding....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:34 am
I used to frequent here a lot so I guess I should re-introduce myself
CJ 16 NY My favorite ska show was the catch 22 dvd shoot or 3 floor of ska/SID III i've been listening to ska for about 5 or 6 years now  

AnonymousJoe

5ives

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 am
Hey. I'm Matt. I'm 16 years old, and live in Ohio (which is lame). I've been listening to ska for about 4 years. I've gone to a few shows, but don't have a favorite among them. It's hard to explain how I got into ska, but It's mostly thanks to the internet. I (like JustinGoSka) prefer 1st wave over 3rd wave. But I'll listen to just about anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 am
hi im Dan, 18 been listening to ska for about 9 years. my first band was Five Iron Frenzy, now im listening to reel big fish and bands like that and am looking in to the bands talked about on this guild  

AtypicalGiraffe

Buggy Survivor

15,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Invisibility 100

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 pm
Woops! I haven't introduced myself yet xd

Hiya, all! I'm Michelle, or Mouse, or whatever. I'm 23, & I've been a fan of ska for...10? years. I'm mostly into 3rd wave, but I like some 2-tone as well.
I'm mostly a ska punk, with a hint of hippie added on haha ~ Back when there were more ska shows here in Buffalo, my (then) boyfriend & I were fairly well known for being the ones to get on stage & get everyone in the crowd hyped up 4laugh
My favorite ska band is the Pietasters ~ I also love Sublime, older Reel Big Fish, Catch 22, old skool No Doubt (shame on you, Gwen, for the monstrosity you have become!), Op Ivy (of course), a bunch of others, & a bunch of old local bands. Although I'm not too big a fan of the Bosstones (*ducks & covers*), I have the utmost respect for them & Dicky is one of the coolest musicians I've ever met.
I'm hoping to find a lot more awesome bands by suggestion of the group ~ And, uh... I'm glad to be here!!! heart

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:16 pm
1.) Name:Mike
2.) Age: 14
3.) Years listening to ska:3
4.) Favorite wave of ska/favorite bands: Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, Catch 22, Go Jimmy Go, Less Than Jake, The Planet Smashers and Suburban Legends
5.) NJ Rudie...  

linkantilles

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:36 am
-Meaghan's my name :]
-Newish to Ska, but I grew up listening to it, if that makes sense :/
-I really like third wave ska
-I live in everyone's favorite rainy spot, Tacoma Washington D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 pm
Im Santi.
Im 14, and im pretty new to ska, but I love it.
I live in vancouver, Washington.  

Serious Jesus

Onewing949

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 am
I forgot to introduce myself. Sorry
My name is James
My brother had introduced me to ska when I was still very young. I beleive that I was around 7 years old or possibly younger. I remember the Tony Hawk games which had Superman by Goldfinger in it. As the movement began to move towards rock again at the end of the 90's. So did I. My parents and my brother still listened to Save Ferris and RBF. and I suppose that's what kept my interest in ska. Recently I began to get back into ska.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff