Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fetal Containment Field
Fetus Fridge Version 2.0 (chat thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:51 pm
Today is my last day of summer. SAVE ME! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:40 am
Toga! Toga!
Today is my last day of summer. SAVE ME! gonk

Oh man. I always got knots in my stomach the day before I had to go back to school.  

MipsyKitten
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:59 am
Cyanide Kitten
I had the craziest most idiotic teacher - who taught my "Comparative Religions" class. He was in his first year of teaching and ugh. Idiot. It's bad enough to have an idiot teacher, it's even worse to have one who is teaching a class about different religions and belief systems --- who can't even tell the difference between Hinduism and Buddhism and Islam and Sikhism and so on.

He was Catholic. He didn't like or support gay rights. He didn't respect women and even told one teacher's aide she shouldn't be there, she should be "in the kitchen". The only amusing part was he didn't know batshit about anything he was trying to teach and I could often have him tripping over his words and stumbling through his arguments.

I did report him to staff for his innappropriate conduct - nothing happened. I mean, I go to a school for kids with emotional and behavioral problems and some of the students are better behaved then him. stare

Ugh, what a jerkoff. Reminds me of my old history professor. She was this crotchety old b***h who seemed to think that the podium in the classroom was actually a pulpit from which she could espouse her homophobic beliefs. During class one day, the lesson somehow segues to the topic of gay people visiting her grandson's classroom (don't ask me how the ******** that happened.) Apparently, some folks from GLAAD or something like that would visit the kid's school in an attempt to teach tolerance, read "Heather Has Two Mommies" to the kids, that kind of thing. She goes off on this diatribe about she doesn't want those kinds of people teaching her grandson how to be gay, teaching him that it's fun to have a**l sex with a grown man, etc. eek What the ********...? I just kept telling myself, "you need to pass this class, don't cause a scene, don't cause a scene..." and it pretty much took everything I had to keep me from cursing that b***h out and marching out of the classroom. I felt like a real tool afterwards for not standing up to her, though. cry

I've learned my lesson however, and I will never allow somebody to ram their hateful beliefs down my throat again. NEVER AGAIN!!!! *a rainbow flag waves behind my avatar as the San Francisco gay men's chorus sings "We are the Champions" in the background*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:37 pm
Well I got 4 hours of sleep last night due to nervousness, but today went fairly well. I still have my spleen, so that's a good sign.  

Half Baked SF

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:08 pm
SPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:50 am
sybex Shark

ninja

Ha! My manager likes to run around screaming "My SPLEEEN! For the LOVE of GOD my SPLEEN!!!"

or

"HOMG my OVERIES!!"

Yeah, he's a guy.  

MipsyKitten
Crew

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:43 am
MipsyKitten
sybex Shark

ninja

Ha! My manager likes to run around screaming "My SPLEEEN! For the LOVE of GOD my SPLEEN!!!"

or

"HOMG my OVERIES!!"

Yeah, he's a guy.
Do you tell him God doesn't love his spleen? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:10 pm
School spiel:

My French teacher is HAWT.

Not just hot for a teacher.

REALLY REALLY HOT.

And he teaches French.

AND HE'S HOT.

mrgreen  

S. Shark

MipsyKitten
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:41 am
I realised something interesting when looking through the political guild rankings.

First there's us, because we're awesome.

Then there's our opposition *boo*

Then we have Liberals, homosexuals (and the straight people who support them), and Communists.

It gives you an insight on the overall political stances of Gaians.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:51 am
    I just started school like 2 weeks ago.
    And it's an easy A day B day schedule.
    Not at all like the schedule of the school I was going to go to before we moved...
    1, 2, 3, and 4 days...
    GAH SO CONFUZZLING.
    1: 234[lunch]678
    2: 341[lunch]785
    3: 412[lunch]856
    4: 123[lunch]567

burning_eyes

Chickabiddy

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:05 pm
What's a A day B day schedule? gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:49 pm
    I have some classes on A days and different ones on B days, and they rotate.
    So like, A on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then B on Tuesday and Thursday.
    Then the next week they switch, with B on M, W, F, etc.

Chickabiddy

Reinna Astarel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:21 am
O.o Our schedule is like

Mondays, tuesdays, and fridays, classes 0-7 (with a bit of extra break on tuesdays)

Wednesdays: All even classes
Thursdays: All Odd classes.

Sounds so much simpler...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:49 am
Our scedule was so ******** up. We had two weeks, week A and week B. Monday week A could have art, PE, biology, maths and English., Week B monday could have Chemistry, psycology, music, History and art. Same with the other days. If you forgot which week it was, your whole day could get ******** up. That had to do it that way when they extended the schoolday, made each lesson longer, but only made us have 5 periods a day (as opposed to the 8 we used to have. Triple maths gonk ).

6th Form was so great. I only had 3 subjects, and some days I only had one class. I got really good at poker and Uno xd  

MipsyKitten
Crew

Chickabiddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:45 am
We have four classes a day.
Lunch fits in to 3rd and 7th (I'll get to this later), so yeah.
We have 4 lunches... A, B, C, D. 3rd and 7th period are extended to fit them in and so certain subjects go to lunch at the same time. FOR EXAMPLE, I have Algebra 3rd period. So, I go to A lunch, which is the first. And I have English 7th period, so that's B lunch.

Now for the 3rd AND 7th period...
We have 4 classes a day as I said, but... They're still labeled 1-8th period!
A days are periods 1-4, and B days are period 5-8.
@-@
But, like I said..
It's easier to remember than that crazy 1, 2, 3, 4 day schedule I described....

Fetal Containment Field

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff